Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Sad latest profile posts

kVertix

Downloaded
12 GB
Uploaded
779.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
All I ever see there is "do not post outside links" and "stop making accounts".
I feel sorry for mods who have to invest so much time and energy.
I wonder, what's keeping anyone capable from developing an automatic post link checker? Which would then replace illegal links with link to rules thread?
And seeing how many still ignore the one account only rule, why not automate the duplicate check? Once caught: warn, second time: ban from service? Something like that.

We invented computers to perform tedious tasks, but not many want to invest a little for better future. Why fight against crime instead of preventing it? Or maybe my imagination makes it seem easier than it's actually possible?

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
That's why we make the big bucks! J/K LOl... Mods have become Mods to help control the site... and we don't mind ;)

My 2 Cents.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
I will try to keep it simple and not much technical.
If there were a way for a program to autodetect multiple accounts from the same person without making mistakes (false positives and false negatives), we would be rich as we would have sold the patent to Google/Microsoft/other online gaming and software companies. VPNs, Incognito mode on browsers, Virtual Machines make it almost impossible for a program to safely and with a high rate of success detect double/fake accounts.

I was thinking the same thing as you tho tbh, as all we see on walls lately is a "spam" of warnings but that is the outcome of us wanting to give a second chance to people that break the rules and not just ban them, and lame people trying to circumvent the ratio system and not do the bare minimum which is give back to the community at least 30% of what you downloaded from that community or seed for enough time to collect seed bonus. As far as I go, I try to make the warning a bit more... funny I guess or not so much doom(ish) by posting a gif or something.

I will try and see how it goes by switching to notify via personal mail and not wall posts and see if that has any effect.

Thank you for letting us know.

Last edited:

kVertix

Downloaded
12 GB
Uploaded
779.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Ahh, I see. Thanks for explaining Cyler.

Lionhrt

Power User
Downloaded
23.6 GB
Uploaded
108 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
@Cyler how about using network card id instead of (like usually) ip address?

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
@Cyler how about using network card id instead of (like usually) ip address?
If you mean the MAC address of a network card then we have 3 issues:
a. Mac address can be spoofed (changed). Google for MAC spoofer or changer, we even have a couple here on this site.
b. A site cant read the MAC address anyway unless, if I'm not mistaken, a member is using IPv6.
c. Even if we could, VPN would make that useless as we would see the VPNs MAC and not the actual users.

Ronsonious

Downloaded
27.9 GB
Uploaded
502.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
I can write a regex pattern to check for external links. You would then need to run a script that runs every time someone posts a comment to check the user's role, parse the string for the pattern, then send a message to the mod team flagging the post if it matches the pattern. I'm assuming the backend runs on PHP. You don't need to add the logic for removing / replacing the link in the post, just some automation in the way of a notification to mods would be helpful.

As for duplicate accounts, as Cyler said, there is no simple solution. You could get the user's browser fingerprint, IP address, and mac address. But all of those can be changed so easily. If there's a way to detect and disallow VPN traffic, you can reliably identify the person's IP address, but I'm certain very few people have a static IP and it's pretty easy to get a new dhcp-provided IP from your ISP. I'm sure there's a few things you can do on the web server side to filter out undesirable traffic (disallow Tor, disallow iframes, etc), but even if you do everything, there are still ways to circumvent it.

Proteus

acta non verba
âš¡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
207 GB
Uploaded
35.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (229)
Member for 5 years
That's why we make the big bucks! J/K LOl... Mods have become Mods to help control the site... and we don't mind ;)

My 2 Cents.

Im still waiting on my "Big Bucks" check! :giggle: :rofl: :nod: