Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Software needed to add features / bloat back into lite version of Windows 7, 8 and 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
4.9 TB
Uploaded
268 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
I was wondering, has anyone here developed a tool to "reinstall" Microsoft apps and components, that have been removed from lite versions? I love the lite version of Windows 10, but I need to have XPS printing capabilities, because of the latest edition of Quickbooks. QB won't work properly, without XPS printing, even with their own PDF creation software... it's somehow linked to XPS. I made a workaround for it, but it would be nice to fire up a tool, to just install ONLY the windows 10 components you need, back into a lite version. This way, we could download the lite version, and if for some reason, we needed a component that had been removed, we could fire up the program, and push it into the system. It's a very rare occasion to want to "bloat" windows back up, after downloading the lite version, for most, but it would be easier than a "fresh install" of a completely bloated system, simply because it is missing one piece of bloat that programmers decided you needed for their software to work properly. The DISM installer did not work properly, as far as reinstalling XPS writer back into the system, because of modifications made to the lite edition I chose to use. So, I scoured Google for an hour, and finally found a workaround. That being said, a "lazy man's" solution, where you could simply point, click, install, and get on with life would be a much easier solution. :D

hamabe

: It's that time again : 。゚・ (>﹏<) ・゚。
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
435.9 GB
Uploaded
37.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
there is a prior guide to doing this, I hope you read it already?

No one will be doing this for you, you will have to do this yourself

start with reading the guide, you will need to start with standard ISO
and pare down / debloat whatever you dont need

Google results said that you can add XPS viewer
check if this will work for you
How to install the XPS Viewer app on Windows 10

Charles

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
4.9 TB
Uploaded
268 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
there is a prior guide to doing this, I hope you read it already?

No one will be doing this for you, you will have to do this yourself

start with reading the guide, you will need to start with standard ISO
and pare down / debloat whatever you dont need

Google results said that you can add XPS viewer
check if this will work for you
How to install the XPS Viewer app on Windows 10

This is what I had to do, just in case someone else runs across the same issue.

The DISM solutions did NOT work for me, in this case. Your mileage may vary, of course.

Hmm my client ran into this as well. Scoured the darkest depths of google struggling for a solution to this nightmare. Thanks to this chap all is well, although the posted driver would not work for me in Windows 10. Check below. Totally worked for me super psyched after spending 2 hrs troubleshooting this.

Steps archived for posterity since the original KB seems to not be loading everywhere:
How to resolve PDF issues on windows 8?
On Windows 8 Emailing forms, previous bank reconciliation reports, and saving as PDF within the program may get resolved by the following Steps:
  1. Download and extract the Windows 7 XPS document writer printer drivers containing folder from here Microsoft XPS Document Writer Click File and Download.
  2. Copy and paste this folder to C Drive\Windows\System32.
  3. Open Devices and Printers using Windows key+ R to get the run box and type Control.exe Printers and press Enter.
  4. Right Click Microsoft XPS Document Writer and Click Remove Device.
  5. Click Add a new printer and Click on “A printer that wasn’t listed”
  6. Select “add local printer with manual settings” and Click next.
  7. Select the radio button Create a new Port,Type of port Local port and Click next.
  8. Enter a port as XPS and click ok.
  9. Click have disk and Browse to the C Drive\Windows\System32\Microsoft XPS Document Writer
  10. Select prnms001 file and click open and the ok.
  11. Select replace Current drivers and next.
  12. Type a printer name will show up as Microsoft XPS Document Writer just click next and Finish.
Test: Open Quickbooks and open any invoice and Click File and Save as PDF and save to the desktop and check if that invoice got saved as PDF.

Last edited by a moderator:

hamabe

: It's that time again : 。゚・ (>﹏<) ・゚。
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
435.9 GB
Uploaded
37.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
that's too bad then, kindly remove external links
I am also interested in ways to add - removed services & components

best to wait for a more competent reply from the Modders ;)

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
305.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
331 (350)
Member for 10 years
This is what I had to do, just in case someone else runs across the same issue.

The DISM solutions did NOT work for me, in this case. Your mileage may vary, of course.

Hmm my client ran into this as well. Scoured the darkest depths of google struggling for a solution to this nightmare. Thanks to this chap all is well, although the posted driver would not work for me in Windows 10. Check below. Totally worked for me super psyched after spending 2 hrs troubleshooting this.

Steps archived for posterity since the original KB seems to not be loading everywhere:

If you want all of that back, why don't you just re-install with the full OS? It will save you a lot of trouble trying to re-install what was removed in a lite OS.
Note: this will be closed soon.

Charles

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
4.9 TB
Uploaded
268 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
If you want all of that back, why don't you just re-install with the full OS? It will save you a lot of trouble trying to re-install what was removed in a lite OS.
Note: this will be closed soon.
I don't want ALL of that back. To be honest, I only need the XPS printing / printing capability, because of ONE program, that requires it, namely Quickbooks 2020. That being said, I assume, that at some point, someone else will run into similar issues, as every use case scenario is different, and will find out that they too, need something that has been removed from a lite build. I don't want to completely bloat the machine. I simply want to be able to SELECTIVELY add removed components, on an as needed basis, while keeping the lite edition as bloat free as humanly possible.

that's too bad then, kindly remove external links
I am also interested in ways to add - removed services & components

best to wait for a more competent reply from the Modders ;)
Oddly, I don't see anywhere I can click to change my original post to remove the google drive links, etc.
I would if I could, but I assume someone with more privilege than I will have to remove it.

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
305.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
331 (350)
Member for 10 years
I don't want ALL of that back. To be honest, I only need the XPS printing / printing capability, because of ONE program, that requires it, namely Quickbooks 2020. That being said, I assume, that at some point, someone else will run into similar issues, as every use case scenario is different, and will find out that they too, need something that has been removed from a lite build. I don't want to completely bloat the machine. I simply want to be able to SELECTIVELY add removed components, on an as needed basis, while keeping the lite edition as bloat free as humanly possible.

Oddly, I don't see anywhere I can click to change my original post to remove the google drive links, etc.
I would if I could, but I assume someone with more privilege than I will have to remove it.
In as few as words as possible, what are your machines specs.
Bloatware or what ever is so easy to remove from a Full OS Build

Charles

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
4.9 TB
Uploaded
268 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
In as few as words as possible, what are your machines specs.
Bloatware or what ever is so easy to remove from a Full OS Build
My personal machine, 8th gen i7 @ 3.2 GHZ, 64 gigs of ram, 2tb SSD, 12TB internal HD.

The machine I was working on / using the lite version on.
Core 2 Duo, 4 gigs of ram, 500gb mechanical.

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
305.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
331 (350)
Member for 10 years
My personal machine, 8th gen i7 @ 3.2 GHZ, 64 gigs of ram, 2tb SSD, 12TB internal HD.

The machine I was working on / using the lite version on.
Core 2 Duo, 4 gigs of ram, 500gb mechanical.
Both should run a full blooded win 10 os no problem.
In the time you have spent here charging this thread and s couple of really long comments i could of installed a full OS and debloated it 2 times. Stipped done naked and ran around the block 2 times shouting HAPPY HALLOWEEN.
So what in the name of the great pumpkin is the big deal.

Complete and Locked.. Contact Thread author next time please

Status
Not open for further replies.