Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tech News Sony raised subscription prices for PlayStation, fans complain: "They've lost their minds"

QYUeAE.jpeg

Sony has announced new subscription prices for PlayStation Plus. If you buy an annual subscription for the basic Essential package, it will cost you 13 euros more, which means that you will pay a total of 72 euros per year. For the Extra package, you will pay 29 euros more, or 126 euros per year, while for the Premium package, you will have to pay an additional 36 euros, or 152 euros per year.

The basic package offers access to online games, a selected monthly assortment of free PS4 and PS5 games, saving progress on the cloud, as well as discounts on purchases in Sony's game store. The Extra package, in addition to all this, offers access to Sony's entire game catalog, which is composed of hundreds of free PS4 and PS5 games.

Sony's decision enraged fans on social media, with many posting screenshots showing them canceling their subscriptions.

- I just canceled my PS Plus subscription and it will be like that until they return the old prices. Nobody wants to pay 80 dollars a year just to be able to play online games. They have lost their minds - wrote one fan on X.

The new subscription prices will be effective from September 6, Sony said in a statement.

Charles

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5 TB
Uploaded
268.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
If you cancel, won't you LOSE all of the games in your "e-library" aka all the "free" games you get with the subscription?
If you've been in the Playstation ecosystem for YEARS, wouldn't you lose all of the games in your library, aka from past years, other than the games you have physical media for, of course?

hamabe

: It's that time again : 。゚・ (>﹏<) ・゚。
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
435.9 GB
Uploaded
37.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
That sucks hard for the fans of consoles. I do hope consoles will lose a lot of popularity and the fanbase will see where this is going in the future.

Elzer

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
142.9 GB
Uploaded
3.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
33 (32)
Member for 7 years
@Charles yes, if you cancel, you lose all the games in your "e-library"

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Though consoles are great in theory, this is why PC and some select sites (cough cough) will always be my No1 for gaming.

QYxAqt.png

I want to own what I buy and since they don't let me own it, I don't buy it.​

Cumulonimbus

Weatherman
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
225.3 GB
Uploaded
1.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
7 (8)
Member for 10 years
Though consoles are great in theory, this is why PC and some select sites (cough cough) will always be my No1 for gaming.

QYxAqt.png

I agree with you 100% @Cyler

Charles

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5 TB
Uploaded
268.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
That sucks hard for the fans of consoles. I do hope consoles will lose a lot of popularity and the fanbase will see where this is going in the future.
I'd hope that, without hardware modifications, people could find a way to "share" their software / digital library, without online authentication of any form. Sort of like a KMS server, but for Playstation and XBOX titles.

milestonoga

Downloaded
65.7 GB
Uploaded
377.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
in the era of playstation 3, there was a time when sony went over their heads like they do now and got hacked because of that. Most of servers were offline for quite time.

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
232.5 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years

QYxAqt.png

Same here My friend :)
i'm also a gamer and yes we Oldtimers know these sites to grab / download and i have few more (lol)

@Elzer you can only punish these BIG compagnies , when you stop visiting and playing these online games on them servers :)
when everyone is doing that then they will start crying (lol) ...