Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Strange Explorer / Desktop Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banned
Downloaded
46.5 GB
Uploaded
94 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
hey guys i have what i consider an odd one. if i open pc, click on 10, users, 2635599, desktop it just shows the items i actually see if i view my desktop. now if i send desktop from there to desktop as a shortcut and then click on the shortcut besides seeing the only items i actually have on my desktop i see my drives. now also if i mouseover desktop on workshelf i also see my drives even though they're not actually on the desktop. it's a bit annoying to say the least. anyone have any way of correcting this behavior so only the items that are actually on my desktop show when i click the desktop shortcut and when i mouseover workshelf.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

GoofySpyLORD

Software Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
784.1 MB
Uploaded
297.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
6 (6)
Member for 9 years
Whoa !! @2635599 :) ;)

Nice Images and Video was "awesome " :)

Well :) I want to ask some Questions First :)

Q . IS THIS A CUSTOM OS ?

Q. IF NOT . THEN WHICH ADD ON ARE YOU USING ?

Q. WHICH WINDOWS IS THIS ?

I MEAN SOME SPECIFICS :)

THAT IS WINDOWS 7, 8.1 or 10 :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And if you want to Edit Explorer Properties :)

Then Please Go here :
atSscGN.jpg

Banned
Downloaded
46.5 GB
Uploaded
94 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
the problem has nothing to do with those settings. i've already played with those and others. now as for what i'm running it's custom theme from virtualcustoms. the icons are fiber icon ipack green. sounds are a tweaked sound packager sound scheme. the dock is part of winstep xtreme. tabbed explorer is clover. i have hidden the navigation pane. all running on win 10 build 10586. if your interested in more details just let me know and i'll pm you. oh yes the wall is just something i found online.

Jack Sparrow

Downloaded
323.7 MB
Uploaded
2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
hey guys i have what i consider an odd one. if i open pc, click on 10, users, 2635599, desktop it just shows the items i actually see if i view my desktop. now if i send desktop from there to desktop as a shortcut and then click on the shortcut besides seeing the only items i actually have on my desktop i see my drives. now also if i mouseover desktop on workshelf i also see my drives even though they're not actually on the desktop. it's a bit annoying to say the least. anyone have any way of correcting this behavior so only the items that are actually on my desktop show when i click the desktop shortcut and when i mouseover workshelf.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

maybe windows repair a.i.o.?

Banned
Downloaded
46.5 GB
Uploaded
94 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
no windows repair issue i don't believe in it except for the occasional boot issue

GoofySpyLORD

Software Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
784.1 MB
Uploaded
297.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
6 (6)
Member for 9 years
no windows repair issue i don't believe in it except for the occasional boot issue

Well :)

I think that @The Rain :) or @aXeSwY ;)

Should Respond to this Thread :)

They can help out better in terms of Custom Themes related issues :)

The Rain

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
117.6 MB
Uploaded
1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
2203 (2193)
Member for 10 years
your registry settings were gonna disturbed better to run sfc scan or do some repair

Banned
Downloaded
46.5 GB
Uploaded
94 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years

Well :)

I think that @The Rain :) or @aXeSwY ;)

Should Respond to this Thread :)

They can help out better in terms of Custom Themes related issues :)

it's not a custom theme issue. it's a setting in windows itself. what i wanted you to respond to was do you want me to link you via pm all the items you need to customize or not. i mean i'm more than happy to. i'll post in a little while what this problem was and the solution.

Banned
Downloaded
46.5 GB
Uploaded
94 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
your registry settings were gonna disturbed better to run sfc scan or do some repair

rain no offence meant but don't post if you don't actually know. better to give no advice than to give bad advice. and doing a sfc repair is bad advice in this case.

Banned
Downloaded
46.5 GB
Uploaded
94 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
ok guys here the 411 on the fix. i copied the information below from my thread on virtual customs

OK so with a few minutes more investigating it seems that this is a problem caused with Windows 10 displaying removable drives in the navigation pane as I disabled it on mine using Winaerotweaker and the problem goes away, this was the difference between my VM and live machine, I disabled it on the VM and now the extra drives and crap are gone from the desktop.

attachment.php

that was spot on thanks. it didn't work to hide them from workshelf, but that was just a easy fix of selecting the desktop folder for the desktop tab instead of the desktop module in workshelf. thanks again.

attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.