Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tech News Telegram 7.4 makes it easy to migrate your WhatsApp chat history

PXZWTQ.png

Telegram
and Signal are reaping the benefits of the recent backlash against WhatsApp. The apps have gained several hundred thousand users over the last couple of weeks, and their growth doesn’t seem to be stopping any time soon. In a bid to attract even more WhatsApp users, these apps have been working on bringing new features to get at par with the Facebook-owned messenger. For instance, Signal recently added custom wallpaper and animated sticker support to the app to offer new users a more familiar experience. Now, Telegram is adding a new tool in version 7.4 that will help users easily migrate their WhatsApp chat history over to the app.

According to a recent report from Macerkopf, Telegram v7.4 is now rolling out to iOS users via the Apple App Store. The update brings a new import feature that will help users migrate their chat history from other apps, including WhatsApp, Line, and KakaoTalk, to Telegram. However, the migration tool isn’t available for all iPhone users just yet. As 9to5Mac points out, Telegram seems to have removed mentions of the migration tool in a subsequent update, suggesting that it’s still a work in progress. Irrespective of that, the publication managed to give it a go, and here’s how it works:

To migrate your chat history from WhatsApp to Telegram, you’ll first have to open up the former and navigate to a chat that you wish to migrate. Then, you’ll have to open up the “More” menu in the chat and select the “Export Chat” option. WhatsApp will then create a backup of the entire conversation in the form of a ZIP file.

PXZEJh.jpg

You’ll then be able to import this ZIP file in Telegram through the iOS share sheet. When you do that, Telegram will ask you which contact or group you want to associate that chat with, and then the messages will be synced for both you and your contact. All imported messages will be labeled to indicate that they’ve been imported from a different service.

Although Telegram hasn’t officially announced the new migration tool, some users have access to it on the latest version of the app. In case you wish to give it a shot, you can download the latest update from the App Store. We expect the messenger to release the tool more widely in the coming days. As of now, Telegram hasn’t talked about a similar option for users on Android.

Thanks To @The Professor For Providing The Two Gifs :h:

Android Users
giphy5970a1c869c00080.gif

IOS Users
giphydd40bef53db6e496.gif

Good Luck ;)

Last edited:

2go2ozz

Downloaded
733.8 MB
Uploaded
4.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
@2go2ozz actually I keep a tab on these apps for some work related requirement, for so called open source stuffs. WhereI work customer data is fully encrypted and only after around 4-5 layers of approvals would an restricted employee get the access and that too restricted to the function/detail as per the ticket/need. It is monitored too.

Now coming to the signal/tg ones. You will be surprised to know how many times TG and Signal call home. How many times the proxies that one uses are abused and every second around 3500+ spam users join these apps, as in new spam users.

Signal is very heavy on resources and even though they claim privacy, protection, their internal stuff is very complicated. Users have come up with a lot of issues.

For TG the upstream server is not fully open sources, and though at some level it is good, but at what cost? TG of late has been notorious with them able to intervene via their AI not only in group chats but also closed chats. There have been cases where they censor and delete users/chats/groups without even the admin knowing it. In one of my groups I had someone who was using hatred and flames against one country, and I had just flagged it to TG Admin. They deleted the user and those chats, as well as the last 24 hours history in my group which I do not think is right. Their admins are at times dumb to the core as they do not even understand simple English let it be any native language.

My account in Signal was compromised 2 years ago. So I have stopped since then, as Signal could do nothing and after frequent requests they deleted that account after 4 months. It took me 50+ emails and 30+ requests to get them to do it. They kept copy pasting answers and only used to reply after chasing them twice everytime.

I can give more examples if you like. It is like I still remember those days as if it was yesterday.
In the light of the recent NSO's Pegasus project (extensively covered in The Guardian newspaper UK ) ,
none of any applications and even sms or simple talk on the phone has any privacy anymore.
Once your phone has no-click infection, the privacy seems to be dead I am afraid.
Any thoughts on the recent revelations and or counter solutions we may likely to have now or in the near future?

Avijit825

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
34.6 GB
Uploaded
2.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
I was totally unbeknownst to this useful feature. i have just exported few of my important chats from WhatsApp to Telegram.

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 3 years
In the light of the recent NSO's Pegasus project (extensively covered in The Guardian newspaper UK ) ,
none of any applications and even sms or simple talk on the phone has any privacy anymore.
Once your phone has no-click infection, the privacy seems to be dead I am afraid.
Any thoughts on the recent revelations and or counter solutions we may likely to have now or in the near future?
Actually, afaik, all network (SIM based I mean) data, be it calls, SMS or MMS or anything at all, is tracked/recorded. There are few companies and government based by-laws in few countries where call recording is automatic over the service provider's server and kept for ages. Thanks to humanity (so called of-course), it is the worst thing in technology to happen. The only network messages which are not saved are the ones not yet sent (DRAFT).. lol

2go2ozz

Downloaded
733.8 MB
Uploaded
4.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years

mobi0001 : Thank you for your prompt reply.
I'm disgusted with the situation like everyone who is aware of this fact​