Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tech News Telegram 7.4 makes it easy to migrate your WhatsApp chat history

PXZWTQ.png

Telegram
and Signal are reaping the benefits of the recent backlash against WhatsApp. The apps have gained several hundred thousand users over the last couple of weeks, and their growth doesn’t seem to be stopping any time soon. In a bid to attract even more WhatsApp users, these apps have been working on bringing new features to get at par with the Facebook-owned messenger. For instance, Signal recently added custom wallpaper and animated sticker support to the app to offer new users a more familiar experience. Now, Telegram is adding a new tool in version 7.4 that will help users easily migrate their WhatsApp chat history over to the app.

According to a recent report from Macerkopf, Telegram v7.4 is now rolling out to iOS users via the Apple App Store. The update brings a new import feature that will help users migrate their chat history from other apps, including WhatsApp, Line, and KakaoTalk, to Telegram. However, the migration tool isn’t available for all iPhone users just yet. As 9to5Mac points out, Telegram seems to have removed mentions of the migration tool in a subsequent update, suggesting that it’s still a work in progress. Irrespective of that, the publication managed to give it a go, and here’s how it works:

To migrate your chat history from WhatsApp to Telegram, you’ll first have to open up the former and navigate to a chat that you wish to migrate. Then, you’ll have to open up the “More” menu in the chat and select the “Export Chat” option. WhatsApp will then create a backup of the entire conversation in the form of a ZIP file.

PXZEJh.jpg

You’ll then be able to import this ZIP file in Telegram through the iOS share sheet. When you do that, Telegram will ask you which contact or group you want to associate that chat with, and then the messages will be synced for both you and your contact. All imported messages will be labeled to indicate that they’ve been imported from a different service.

Although Telegram hasn’t officially announced the new migration tool, some users have access to it on the latest version of the app. In case you wish to give it a shot, you can download the latest update from the App Store. We expect the messenger to release the tool more widely in the coming days. As of now, Telegram hasn’t talked about a similar option for users on Android.

Thanks To @The Professor For Providing The Two Gifs :h:

Android Users
giphy5970a1c869c00080.gif

IOS Users
giphydd40bef53db6e496.gif

Good Luck ;)

Last edited:

The Professor

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
31 GB
Uploaded
33.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
44 (46)
Member for 10 years
Thank you @MniawY here are some tip as a GIF
giphy5970a1c869c00080.gif
giphydd40bef53db6e496.gif

MniawY

Former STAFF™ ⭐️
Uploader
Power User
Downloaded
156.4 GB
Uploaded
51 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
104 (102)
Member for 7 years
Thank you @MniawY here are some tip as a GIF
Thanks @The Professor , Thread Has Just Been Edited :h:

aboudmahmod

Downloaded
4.1 GB
Uploaded
45.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Great topic from a great person
Telegram get better and better
I hope all users use telegram for they privacy

Note : I hate Signal :)

2go2ozz

Downloaded
733.8 MB
Uploaded
4.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
That's an excellent news.
You know why
Let's hope the signal follow the news and include such integration since signal rated the highest on privacy

2go2ozz

Downloaded
733.8 MB
Uploaded
4.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
thank you for that
I've got an idea.
I pass this info to signal for them to act quicker to grab the feature and integrate into theirs

Gollapudi

No time for myself due to work load
Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2.1 TB
Uploaded
429.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
843 (830)
Member for 7 years
yes i was waiting for my Telegram app to do that ,will update to it and see it helps me ...eager to have this feature on signal as well

2go2ozz

Downloaded
733.8 MB
Uploaded
4.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Very good news:
my feature request for a similar function from whatsapp to signal just been acknowledged by signal just now
PX7Q5r.md.jpg

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
88 (103)
Member for 3 years
But the trouble is more and more spammers and scammers are using TG/Signal to dupe people. People need to learn what it means to be called privacy and not to be stupid. I left TG around a year ago due to the increase in spam.

2go2ozz

Downloaded
733.8 MB
Uploaded
4.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
@mobi0001

I must say first this:
I have been a whatsapp user for few years
just hated their privacy related practices and wanted to try the alternatives couple of weeks ago and
all the reviews I've read was pointing out to signal as the better one.
I installed telegram and signal only couple of weeks ago and haven't exchanged any messages with them except for testing purposes with my wife.
After reading the alarming bit about the spam, I did a web search and found this item:

--------------------
Signal adds message requests to stop spam and protect user privacy
New feature lets Signal users control who can text or voice call, add them to groups.

Secure instant messaging app Signal has rolled out a new feature called Message Requests that lets users approve or block who can contact them via text or voice call, or when they can be added to group chats.

With Signal adoption growing in recent years due to its reputation as a secure communications channel with robust end-to-end encryption (E2EE), the app is bound to see its fair share of spammers in the coming future.
The new Message Requests feature works by prompting users before a new conversation is started — similarly to prompts seen in Facebook Messenger.

Users can block, delete, or accept new messages based on the sender's number, profile information, avatar, or initial message.
Blocked users won't be able to see when they've been blocked, and Signal says Message Requests won't be shown for users who are already in another user's contacts list.

The new message request prompts will not only appear for text messages, but also for voice calls initiated by unknown users.

Further, the new Message Requests feature also blocks unknown users from adding others to group chats, a tactic that has been common with spammers across rival instant messaging applications and is bound to make its way inside Signal as well.
This new feature is not available by default for all users, but only for those who configure a Signal profile -- by adding a name/nickname and an avatar in the app's settings section. Once users have a profile in place, the Message Requests feature will become active.

The new Message Requests feature has been under testing earlier this year, was formally announced yesterday and is currently being rolled out in multiple phases to the app's entire userbase.

Earlier this year, Signal also announced plans to move away from using phone numbers as user IDs, and also rolled out profile PINs as a way to sync user contact lists when migrating between devices.

I haven't properly tested or used the program or read any further security improvements for signal since the above article dated August 2020

By the way, they have been heavily updating the android version, I must say, because I have been getting an update almost every other day in the last couple of weeks since I have installed

Your user experience is also very important while the current situation would be different for better or worse although I incline to think that they would do everything possible to prevent such nuisance as much as their competitors

Please feel free to comment further since I am not defending any of them and I am eager to pick the better one and continue with it

Last edited by a moderator:

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
88 (103)
Member for 3 years
@2go2ozz actually I keep a tab on these apps for some work related requirement, for so called open source stuffs. WhereI work customer data is fully encrypted and only after around 4-5 layers of approvals would an restricted employee get the access and that too restricted to the function/detail as per the ticket/need. It is monitored too.

Now coming to the signal/tg ones. You will be surprised to know how many times TG and Signal call home. How many times the proxies that one uses are abused and every second around 3500+ spam users join these apps, as in new spam users.

Signal is very heavy on resources and even though they claim privacy, protection, their internal stuff is very complicated. Users have come up with a lot of issues.

For TG the upstream server is not fully open sources, and though at some level it is good, but at what cost? TG of late has been notorious with them able to intervene via their AI not only in group chats but also closed chats. There have been cases where they censor and delete users/chats/groups without even the admin knowing it. In one of my groups I had someone who was using hatred and flames against one country, and I had just flagged it to TG Admin. They deleted the user and those chats, as well as the last 24 hours history in my group which I do not think is right. Their admins are at times dumb to the core as they do not even understand simple English let it be any native language.

My account in Signal was compromised 2 years ago. So I have stopped since then, as Signal could do nothing and after frequent requests they deleted that account after 4 months. It took me 50+ emails and 30+ requests to get them to do it. They kept copy pasting answers and only used to reply after chasing them twice everytime.

I can give more examples if you like. It is like I still remember those days as if it was yesterday.

2go2ozz

Downloaded
733.8 MB
Uploaded
4.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
@mobi0001
Thank you for the simply mind boggling insight. appreciate your share of the knowledge very much

Now going back to drawing board again. Which one to have if any..

by the way is TG same as or parent of Signal?
not sure what TG/Signal or TG

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
88 (103)
Member for 3 years
@2go2ozz Actually, they are not the same owner, however, the practices that we regular users had faced or many are still facing are relevantly the same. The so called openness never comes easily. Imagine, how FOSS/FLOSS are these anyways? Moreover, full privacy can never be attained. I suggest XMPP to be the way. Not TG, not Signal, nor Matrix, but just plain simple OpenPGP based XMPP.

MindHonor

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
79.2 GB
Uploaded
1.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
thanks
this trick is very important

2go2ozz

Downloaded
733.8 MB
Uploaded
4.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
@2go2ozz
I can give more examples if you like. It is like I still remember those days as if it was yesterday.

-many people and our contact lists would have "whatsapp/telegram/signal" like platforms go in between / to transfer between / from one to another,
but not OpenPGP based XMPP

we and our contact list would have to pick one or two or three, less is better

there comes the crucial question :
since the signal have been rated better in many "reviews"
would you elaborate on specifically about signal please?

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
88 (103)
Member for 3 years
-many people and our contact lists would have "whatsapp/telegram/signal" like platforms go in between / to transfer between / from one to another,
but not OpenPGP based XMPP

we and our contact list would have to pick one or two or three, less is better

there comes the crucial question :
since the signal have been rated better in many "reviews"
would you elaborate on specifically about signal please?
I agree. It is difficult that way. However, Signal is just another one which uses mobile number to make an account, which basically means they have our data and privacy is not there. It currently has 1.1K issues. There are many alternative to Signal, like Antox, SureSpot, Briar (the best tbvh).

Coming to your question, back in 2020 December, I was cross checking my chat accounts and I recall I had Signal account closed out. But like Facebook (which I apparently had closed out in 2015, it still shows as active), the same way my Signal account was open and not closed out. Moreover, I was added to God knows how many groups (all Arabic) (all sext ones) when I had not done anything. Spam is filled there too. Your own chat server is much easier and safer.

2go2ozz

Downloaded
733.8 MB
Uploaded
4.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
@mobi0001
I really appreciate your knowledge I don't have
Thank you again.
if you happen to come across any update on these issues later on
please feel free to share them
all the best & do take care

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
88 (103)
Member for 3 years
Someone just reminded me about my discussion here. I still say TG and WA are cancer. More and more open sourced stuffs are going closed sourced or wrong way. So sad to see this twist in humanity and the values.

The Nekogram (TG FOSS Fork) is another cancer. It just adds back everything TGFOSS removed and more analytics then official TG.

Last edited:

2go2ozz

Downloaded
733.8 MB
Uploaded
4.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Someone just reminded me about my discussion here. I still say TG and WA are cancer. More and more open sourced stuffs are going closed sourced or wrong way. So sad to see this twist in humanity and the values.

The Nekogram (TG FOSS Fork) is another cancer. It just adds back everything TGFOSS removed and more analytics then official TG.
Thank you for keeping us updated.
Dilemma is when you want to move from one to other, you won't be communicating with your usual contacts

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
88 (103)
Member for 3 years
Thank you for keeping us updated.
Dilemma is when you want to move from one to other, you won't be communicating with your usual contacts
That is true. But for me the good old calking and SMS feature is always the first priority. Alas, 99% of the people have stopped even looking at any SMS unless it is an OTP they need. Most to blame are the spam messages and scamming messages.