Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Torrent: File missing from job [Error] - Possible solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
Yesterday @TheProffy opened a because he was with this same error.

Today it happened to me, I think I know the reason and that is why I want to share it so that you can give me your points of view.

When downloading uTorrent it asks in which folder we are going to save the file, I indicate a particular folder and it downloads it without problems.

missing0.png

But when it finishes downloading it the file is not seeded and it gives the shared error in the title of this thread.

uTorrent is whitelisted by my firewall and with the exception of my AV, that's not a problem and never was.

Investigating a little I think I have found the reason for the failure.

It turns out that the file (RAR example) is saved in the path indicated above, but the torrent (*.torrent) was saved in another folder (in my case in Downloads).

I copied the download torrent to the place where I indicated the RAR download, but it did not work, the error continued to appear.

missing.png

I had to re-download the torrent to be able to seed it.

missing3.png

Before this did not happen to me, I do not know what the problem may be, but I comment on my experience to find a solution among all.

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
You may or may not have tried to do this first, but with Utorrent 2.2.1 I've had to do this a few times when that error showed up, Right click on the error file, go to advanced and the set download location like here... .... then point it to the file and to a force re check afterwards. worked for me without re-downloading

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
You may or may not have tried to do this first, but with Utorrent 2.2.1 I've had to do this a few times when that error showed up, Right click on the error file, go to advanced and the set download location like here... .... then point it to the file and to a force re check afterwards. worked for me without re-downloading

Very good data @vdogeek , now I have solved it, but if it happens again I will use that tip.
Thank you

Yash Dedhia

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
139.4 GB
Uploaded
677.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
@juanamm can we close this than considering its solved?

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11241 (11241)
Member for 8 years
@juanamm can we close this than considering its solved?
Complete it please bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.