Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Update Win 10 to 11 fails. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daspunner

Downloaded
68.3 GB
Uploaded
218 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Hi y'all!

I have Windows 10 installed on my machine and want to update to 11. During the update it fails (using Microsoft official ISO). I can't remember where I got my current Win 10 but probably here.

Any suggestions? Would like to avoid a fresh install with the hassle of installing all programs and such if I can.

/Dave

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
364 (415)
Member for 9 years
Provide more informations, version, error etc

daspunner

Downloaded
68.3 GB
Uploaded
218 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
As I said I am trying to update from the official MS ISO (windows-11-23h2) and since I have unsupported hardware I gave to run the command "setup.exe /product server" to get past the error of my unsupported hardware. After some minutes I get a screen that says "Making sure you're to install" and then efter 20-30 seconds the whole update closes with no error or nothing.

This is my current version of windows:

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎4/‎13/‎2022
OS build 19045.4046
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0

I have run WIndows 11 on this machine in the past with all the same hardware tough from a fresh install.

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
Does this help?

https://winaero.com/microsoft-has-patched-the-product-server-for-tpm-check-bypass/

If you need any more information then Google "setup.exe /product server windows 11", as I did.

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
364 (415)
Member for 9 years
You can use a build from here which is "No TPM" to bypass your system.

daspunner

Downloaded
68.3 GB
Uploaded
218 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Does this help?

https://winaero.com/microsoft-has-patched-the-product-server-for-tpm-check-bypass/

If you need any more information then Google "setup.exe /product server windows 11", as I did.
Sadly I got the same results with this method.

You can use a build from here which is "No TPM" to bypass your system.
Tried this version:

Windows 11 Pro/Enterprise 23H2 Build 22631.3085 (No TPM Required) Preactivated Multilingual

Now I at least get an error code:

"Windows could not determine the language to use for Setup Error code: 0x80004005."

Googled a little and that codes comes up in a lot of situations but could not find a solution that applies to my case.

Any suggestions?

Proteus

acta non verba
âš¡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
207 GB
Uploaded
35.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (229)
Member for 5 years
sigh.... I wish I could be more positive....

Ive done these upgrades MANY times starting from Win7 to Win10. I have found that though they MAY work, they always leave remnants behind. Usually in the form of a "Revert Back" backup just in case it doesnt work. MY own personal best results have come from saving ALL my documents and portable programs, THEN wiping the drive and installing NEW OS from scratch. Things just seem to flow easier and with less issues.

Keep trying your way and it may eventually work. Not sure what version you installed to begin with, or if it was a LITE or modified version. That may be a reason its not working right for you.

testament

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
34.9 GB
Uploaded
24.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
I have a question. What do you exactly mean when you say that you want to update from Windows 10 to 11?
You use an Windows 11 .iso for an in-place upgrade over Windows 10?

Last edited:

daspunner

Downloaded
68.3 GB
Uploaded
218 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
I have a question. What do you mean when you say that you want to update from Windows 10 to 11?
You use an Windows 11 .iso for an in-place upgrade over Windows 10?
Exactly!
sigh.... I wish I could be more positive....

Ive done these upgrades MANY times starting from Win7 to Win10. I have found that though they MAY work, they always leave remnants behind. Usually in the form of a "Revert Back" backup just in case it doesnt work. MY own personal best results have come from saving ALL my documents and portable programs, THEN wiping the drive and installing NEW OS from scratch. Things just seem to flow easier and with less issues.

Keep trying your way and it may eventually work. Not sure what version you installed to begin with, or if it was a LITE or modified version. That may be a reason its not working right for you.
Can't remember which version I installed, just know that it isn't a lite version. Probably some build from this site. Leaning to a fresh install more and more. Just felt for going the lazy way this time. Installing programs and mods take to long time. I actually have never updated Windows before.

On the other hand so is a fresh install so satisfying once you're done.

Any thoughts on lite builds? Never tried them either. Seems that Windows are very bloated now adays.

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
I have had this before with mixed results. A few times, setting region, language, keyboard to en-us and check the time /date, that sorted it but other times it turned out to be an overly custom install and it was missing defender and .net features that I couldn't repair. Either way, it's probably easier and quicker in the long run to save stuff and do a fresh install as others have suggested as least you have solid foundations. You can spend a day fixing and patching but it can all come down again later anyway.

Taurus

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
17.3 GB
Uploaded
401.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Any thoughts on lite builds? Never tried them either. Seems that Windows are very bloated now adays.
From XP, I've only used Lite builds. The XP performance build was only 250 MB installed. :mb:
When I moved to W7, it was a Lite build from here, about 1 Gb installed.

Currently using a W10 build from FBConan here, 4 Gb installed, no complaints. :party:
Windows has become bloatware packed with stuff that isn't needed and unwanted.

Lite is the best. (Star)

daspunner

Downloaded
68.3 GB
Uploaded
218 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
From XP, I've only used Lite builds. The XP performance build was only 250 MB installed. :mb:
When I moved to W7, it was a Lite build from here, about 1 Gb installed.

Currently using a W10 build from FBConan here, 4 Gb installed, no complaints. :party:
Windows has become bloatware packed with stuff that isn't needed and unwanted.

Lite is the best.
Think I'll try it for the first time then.

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
364 (415)
Member for 9 years
Which program are you using to make a bootable usb?

daspunner

Downloaded
68.3 GB
Uploaded
218 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Which program are you using to make a bootable usb?
Rufus. Should I use another?

Harry Hole

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
458.5 GB
Uploaded
2.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Rufus. Should I use another?
You could give ventoy a try once you have created the USB
you can add several different ISO's
depending on the capacity of the USB

Dark Wolf

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Uploader
Windows Modifier
Downloaded
883.4 GB
Uploaded
43.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
47 (47)
Member for 1 years
A word of advice since you said that your PC is unsupported...
It's not a very good idea to run Windows 11 as an upgrade over Windows 10 on an unsupported PC, even if you bypass the sys requirements.
You will have problems as you found out. It will be better to backup important stuff then do a clean install for best results.

Also, both rufus and ventoy work good. There are others that work good too.

1ntr0v3rt3ch

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
499 GB
Uploaded
148.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Don't make things complicated. Do a fresh/clean install instead of upgrading from Windows 10 to 11.
Just my two cents.

choli

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2.4 GB
Uploaded
542.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Exactly!

Can't remember which version I installed, just know that it isn't a lite version. Probably some build from this site. Leaning to a fresh install more and more. Just felt for going the lazy way this time. Installing programs and mods take to long time. I actually have never updated Windows before.

On the other hand so is a fresh install so satisfying once you're done.

Please..
Share with us..

Your complete specs of your PC..

Mobo, RAM, CPU, PSU, VGA card, etc.

daspunner

Downloaded
68.3 GB
Uploaded
218 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Cloned my Win 10 to another drive and made a fresh (lite) install of Win 11. First time I am using a lite build and I am loving it!

Thanks for all the help guys!

Dark Wolf

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Uploader
Windows Modifier
Downloaded
883.4 GB
Uploaded
43.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
47 (47)
Member for 1 years
Thread is now resolved. Thanks to all who helped. (Stoggie)

Status
Not open for further replies.