Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Uploading and sharing Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Loughran

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
144.6 GB
Uploaded
293.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Hi Guys, I wonder if you might put me right with the answer to this question. If I downloaded a Win 10 System or any item for that matter and share it for 3 days. I will then be installing it on my pc. The question is " how do I continue sharing it when I have wiped the other system off with the utorrent share item in it. I bet the answer is simple to those who know it, but we live and learn. I look forward to your reply. All the best.

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11253 (11253)
Member for 8 years
@Jimmy Loughran Back up W10 file and torrent file before you install new. Then add file back to "Downloads" and restart torrent to seed. If you don't have files or torrent you will have to start over.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
It's easy as an idea but a bit complex as execution and the steps you have to take.

The idea is:
  1. Torrent client downloads your torrents in a specific folder that you set (i.e downloads)
  2. You copy that folder to an external disk/other partition/anywhere else other than the disk you plan to have windows
  3. Format and install the new OS
  4. Install back torrent client (preferably the one you were using)
  5. Find where the folder it downloads the new torrents is (probably the same name as before if you haven't modified it).
  6. Copy back the files from step 2 to this folder
  7. Redownload ONLY the torrent(s) from here and start them and when asked where to save, point them to the folder you copied the data to in step 6. The client will see that you have already downloaded them, and verify (hash check) the torrent and if everything is ok, you will start seeding.
Now depending n the client you use, you may be able to take the torrent files as well as the data and even settings in one go. It's best to google for example "How to transfer torrents and settings using qbittorrent" (replace with your client) for easy, step-by-step, and more detailed guides.

Hope it helped.

(moved thread to help/request section as I think it's more appropriate there)

Last edited:

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11253 (11253)
Member for 8 years
@Jimmy Loughran do what @Cyler told you if you find it complicated make sure you just make new folder and put all of downloaded stuff inside and back it up somewhere and I will help you load that folder in your torrent client for seeding., just write on my wall when you do that.

Jimmy Loughran

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
144.6 GB
Uploaded
293.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
A very big thank you, to those who actually gave me sound advice. I really appreciate it. Thank you.

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
66.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
363 (414)
Member for 9 years
A very big thank you, to those who actually gave me sound advice. I really appreciate it. Thank you.
Just a last tip before we close the thread (ONLY IF YOU ARE USING UTORRENT AS A CLIENT)
It will save you time from redownloading the torrents you are already seeding
Download the program utorrent backup (its easy to find it - freeware)
Use it only for the step 7 on @Cyler answer
Please inform us, so we can close the thread

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
If you are using qBittorrent you can save all torrents as magnet links.
Highlight all your torrents in the Transfers window and right click.
Select Copy > Magnet link
Paste the copied links into a text file for use later.
Use File > Add torrent link to put the links into your new installation.

It might be worth making a backup like this before you follow Cyler's instructions, in case you mess it up.

Last edited:

Jimmy Loughran

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
144.6 GB
Uploaded
293.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Thank you again Guys. I am using Utorrent and have saved the Downloads file like advised to do , on another HD. This Oldie of 76 is quietly happy. We live and learn. Please regard the problem as solved, for now, Thank you.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
200348aaa5b08ac2460.gif

Feel free to talk to us if there are any questions or problems. Thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.