Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Uploading archived (rar) files with password

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jai Kishan

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
17.5 GB
Uploaded
1.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
This sounds more like you guys should make it a rule

Most of the files I download are archived, but when a file archived and password protected no antivirus will be able to scan it and remove it, (virus total report is mandatory so everyone can see the report), I am saying this because I had to remove some torrents from seeding list because windows defender was constantly removing some of the files on reboot.

The password can be TeamOS or whatever you guys want it to be

(you guys can choose one standard password for every post)

If it is password protected I dont think the virus will be able to execute itself without the user executing the file

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11253 (11253)
Member for 8 years
There is NOTHING on this forum that should be password protected. If there is it needs to be fixed or removed. Give links here please.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
I am saying this because I had to remove some torrents from seeding list because windows defender was constantly removing some of the files on reboot
There is an easier solution. Set the seed torrent folder to be excluded from the scan, problem solved. You can have a folder to download and a folder to seed. Set the download on scan, just to be safe, and once the torrent is cleared move the torrent to the seed folder which will be under the exclusion of the antivirus. All the above can be done automatically by your torrent client.

Food for thought.
Having a password on zipped/rared files generates more problems than it helps to solve. What if I (or others) will exploit the password, and the lack of ability to scan, set whatever keyloggers/malware/ransomware I want, and since Antivirus cant scan till the rar is open... I will get a few hundred victims just from here for various reasons. That alone is the main reason we don't even allow password-protected zips etc. Security sometimes can matter more than convenience.

Jai Kishan

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
17.5 GB
Uploaded
1.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Ok Thanks @Cyler will do what you said. You can close this thread now