Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tutorials Using VHDs and BitLocker to protect your files using Windows 10 without external software . (Windows tricks you might not know)

1ntr0v3rt3ch

āœ… Verified Member
Downloaded
499 GB
Uploaded
148.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Not really but that is a windows issue. No matter what you use for encryption, someone can always format the drive for example if they use your admin account. The only way I can think is to make a different normal (NON-admin) account for them and have them log in with that account when they want to use the PC. You can restrict what files/folders they can see, and what programs they can run. That way they can't access the VHD you own unless they use... tricks. If you let them log with your administrator account, not much can be done. Additionally, you can store the VHD on an external disk/thumb drive and just take it with you.

You can also store it in the cloud and access it via WebDAV (if possible) or the cloud app you use (for example google stream for Gdrive) but you need decent download/upload for that to happen, depending on the size of the files you want to store.
thank you so much for this suggestion. it helps a lot!
Mr @Cyler
When you write down about any topic, I should gather all my attention because there is going to a flux of useful information. A pen and piece of paper is essential. Thanks for your apparent hard work in which you deeply put you heart. :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:
indeed! a very useful information!

MIAN MUZAMMAL

Downloaded
104.4 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
thanks for te amazing win 10 trick , its very useful

i see. thanks for the info. is there a way that we can protect the vhd from deletion (not mounted) from someone else using the same pc if leave unattended?
I guess you need to change the file permission to read-only. but there is a problem you wont be able to read data in vhd file unless you didnt change the permission to normal again

Cyler

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
āš”OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
@MIAN MUZAMMAL and @1ntr0v3rt3ch To be honest, since this is meant more for having the data and VHD on an external USB key or disk, when one leaves the PC, one should take the USB with them, and problem solved. It's like when you leave a secure office, you lock the door and set the alarm. There is no real point in having the VHD on a hard disk in the system, as in this case, it's better to make a partition and use BitLocker to encrypt it.

We need to remember the phrase "one equals none", and in a similar way, one security measure by itself is nothing much. Set an admin password and when you step away, lock the PC. Disable USB boot. Enable UEFI secure boot. Those steps will make it harder for people to erase files in general, since they can't get access to the PC and even if they have an external USB to boot, they can't boot... Of course, there are other ways to harden the security but this will take us off topic.

Last edited: