Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked utorrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kay Melchoir

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
140.3 GB
Uploaded
3.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
I have a hit and run not because I downloaded and refuse to seed. My Symantec Endpoint Protection keeps deleting my Utorrent.

Jimmy Collaros

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.8 TB
Uploaded
1,266.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
870 (869)
Member for 7 years
Add it to the exclusions list of your antivirus.

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
Moved here from the Feeback forum.

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
43.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
10970 (10970)
Member for 8 years
@Kay Melchoir Stop using Symantec then. Whitelist utorrent to Symantec or get another AV that won't block it. Listen to your peers here.

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
Do you really mean that Endpoint Protection is deleting your Utorrent app? Or do you mean that Endpoint is deleting the Windows 11 that you are trying to seed?
You have lots of seedbonus points and a good ratio so it seems unlikely that Endpoint is deleting your uTorrent app.
Are you whitelisting the correct thing?
I suggest that you whitelist both your uTorrent app AND the folder or file containing the Windows that you are trying to seed.

DGrigorescu

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
310.8 GB
Uploaded
1.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
I recommend ESET. Using for years, light on resources and very good on detection. Never deleted what I downloaded (except TNod :D).

Mr. Edward

Die with memories, not dreams
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
257.9 GB
Uploaded
40.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
134 (137)
Member for 6 years
you may use this version , it is very friendly with AV

Alessia_Amelia

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.7 TB
Uploaded
50 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
We use Norton, go to Settings > Antivirus > Scans and Risks > Items toExclude From Scans > +Configure then follow instructions. We do this and have no issues with deletions of apps.

Kay Melchoir

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
140.3 GB
Uploaded
3.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Thanks to all for your suggestions. @charlie Grimes It deletes my utorrent file and the desktop shortcut. The ratio I have if from previous utorrent seeding, uploading and downloading. Yes it's deleting the app. I tried putting the file is exclusion/exception but that don't help. I will try whitelisting it.

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
Thanks to all for your suggestions. @charlie Grimes It deletes my utorrent file and the desktop shortcut. The ratio I have if from previous utorrent seeding, uploading and downloading. Yes it's deleting the app. I tried putting the file is exclusion/exception but that don't help. I will try whitelisting it.
"and the desktop shortcut" seems odd. That sounds more like the app being uninstalled than an AV deleting a single infected file.

I could ask you a dozen questions and still not work out what is going on so I'm going to suggest that you use qBittorrent instead. Get it from the official site qbittorrent org. It looks very like uTorrent and works very like uTorrent so you should be up and running very quickly, unless of course you really do have malware in your system. If that does not work then get a different AV.

EDIT

However, if you want to persevere with uTorrent than please answer ALL these questions.

Are you sure that it is Endpoint Protection removing uTorrent? Does the removal appear in the app's log?
If so, what reason for removal is given?

Which version of uTorrent are you trying to use?
Where did you get it?
Have you recently updated it or has it recently updated itself?

When did this problem start?
Have you tried any other versions of uTorrent or any other torrent clients with Endpoint Protection?
If so, which ones?
If so, what was the result?

Have you successfully used this version of uTorrent with other AV apps?
If so, which AV apps?
If so, what was the result?

Last edited:

Kay Melchoir

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
140.3 GB
Uploaded
3.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
@Charlie_Grimes I will try your suggestion. However, I will also answer your questions to the best of my ability.
1. Yes I am sure SEP removed the utorrent, yes it appears in app log, I don't remember the reason but it did give reason. Been a while. When I installed windows 11.
2. uTorrent.v3.5.5.46038. I got it from Team OS. I was not or did not update when the problem started. The problem started immediate after download and installation.
3. Have tried other versions before and they worked. Don't remember which ones. I just use the latest I get on Team OS site. I don't know if it's because of my OS. Windows 11.

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
224.8 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
@Kay Melchoir i use allready for years the one and the same one the best version is still Utorrent 2.2.1
and everything works like a charm :)

we have it here in the forum just type it in the search above :)

MniawY

Former STAFF™ ⭐️
Uploader
Power User
Downloaded
156.4 GB
Uploaded
51 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
104 (102)
Member for 7 years
Sir @Kay Melchoir

I See Your Ratio Status is very good and You Have Enough Seed bonus to Zap The Hit and Run
Use uTorrent 2.2.1 Which @Mr. Spacely Posted Here

And Apply That Settings To Higher Speeds

Accept My Kind Regards
If all is Well Let me Close The Thread :nod:

Kay Melchoir

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
140.3 GB
Uploaded
3.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
That's guys and I used the qBittorrent suggested by Charlie and it works. The thread can be closed now. That's too all you guys. You were of great help.

That's was suppose to be thanks not that's

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
You can edit your own posts if you want to change anything like typos etc, in case you didn't know. Look at the small edit button at the bottom of each post.

Thread closed and thank you, everyone, for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.