Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked videobios cannot be flashed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marwannegm

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
My video card (asrock rx5600xt phantom gaming D2) bios got corrupted and when i tried to reflash it by downloading the bios update file from the manufacturer website and following their guide but when i click on the update windows command script it gives me an error saying driver cannot be loaded and then it says update failed , also GPUZ says that pixel fillrate ,texture fillrate and bandwidth are unkown and the clocks of teh gpu and the memory are 0 mhz pictures of the errors :( )

choli

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2.4 GB
Uploaded
542.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Just buy a new one.

Oriann

Downloaded
110.6 GB
Uploaded
5.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
As far as I know, you wont repair this easily without pro equipment. You may have a chance to reset the bios via short by correct pins on mb of GPU but I dont guarantee that will work. You best bet is buy a new one and dont play with bios anymore, everytime there is sufficient warning that flashing bios can damage your card ( or MB) so you have been warned.

Marwannegm

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
As far as I know, you wont repair this easily without pro equipment. You may have a chance to reset the bios via short by correct pins on mb of GPU but I dont guarantee that will work. You best bet is buy a new one and dont play with bios anymore, everytime there is sufficient warning that flashing bios can damage your card ( or MB) so you have been warned.
do think that i can rma it

ki_2004

Downloaded
260.1 MB
Uploaded
9.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
If your product is under warranty, silently RMA it. Just tell them that it does not work anymore. Don't ever utter a word that you tried to flash the BIOS. If you do so they might reject the warranty claim. It's possible for hardware and firmware to fail on its own and that's what happened to your GPU!!
If they figure it out on their own, that's a different story. You don't know anything here what happened and why.

Oriann

Downloaded
110.6 GB
Uploaded
5.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
do think that i can rma it
You can try it, but from my experience if they will send it to special service center (as they normally do) they will figure out somebody was messing with bios, they have checking software that can prove that some failures cannot be done via for example official updates and just via manual way. As @ki_2004 said, try to rma it silently without commenting whats gone wrong and you have 50% chance of success.

Status
Not open for further replies.