Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Processing What Windows 10 version is best for weak Laptop

aiOrigins

Downloaded
12.7 GB
Uploaded
25.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Laptop configuration is:
Model: 2018
- Cpu: Celeron Dual Core
- Ram: 2 GB
- HDD: 32 GB
- Based on my knowledge its 64 bit Architecture

1. It came with some Windows 10 version after that I had 3gb tp 5gb left to use but I don't remember now what was that Windows version?
And now the OS stopped working because it had some issues so I had to install a fresh windows 10:
- I did install Windows 10 22H2 build 19045.2965 Pro - but it eaten up all the space only 297mb left so then
- I installed another Windows 10 and that also eaten up all the space.

So that made me think there must a specific version of Windows which these Laptop Vendors install while selling it because when I bought it, it had total 32gb hdd and out of that 3-5 gb was free to use even though it had many bloatware.

How can I replicate the same and have 3-5gb free space?

so please give me your suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

fantom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
1,589 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years

aiOrigins

Why You do not just buy some SSD drive? Even 128GB shall speed it up that You wont believe its same machine!
Some RAM upgrade will make it even better!

Shuvo1970

Downloaded
568.6 GB
Uploaded
1.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
You can try with @FBConan's version of Windows 10.

Windows X-Lite 'Optimum 10 Pro' v2 by FBConan​

It's install size is 4GB !

aiOrigins

Downloaded
12.7 GB
Uploaded
25.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years

aiOrigins

Why You do not just buy some SSD drive? Even 128GB shall speed it up that You wont believe its same machine!
Some RAM upgrade will make it even better!
Sure, I thought about that but by default RAM slot is soldered in chipset so no upgrade
and HDD replacement slot is not given. I already checked at my end, vendor made sure that HDD is not upgradable so they integrated with with chipset as well.

Dark Wolf

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Windows Modifier
Downloaded
883.4 GB
Uploaded
43.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
47 (47)
Member for 1 years
Was the original OS 32 or 64 Bit? If it was 32 bit, then I would stick with that. I'd also look for something lite given the low specs.

aiOrigins

Downloaded
12.7 GB
Uploaded
25.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Was the original OS 32 or 64 Bit? If it was 32 bit, then I would stick with that. I'd also look for something lite given the low specs.
I think it was 64bit because
I just checked the laptop specs sheet and found:
System Architecture: 64 bit

so that Windows 10 must be 64bit and I also recalled it was probably Windows Home edition.

Panther

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
135.5 GB
Uploaded
4.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Sounds cheap and nasty. No use for 64 bit ... Can you maybe give a model number? or Picture?

aiOrigins

Downloaded
12.7 GB
Uploaded
25.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Sounds cheap and nasty. No use for 64 bit ... Can you maybe give a model number? or Picture?
its model no is:
Asus E203MA

Panther

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
135.5 GB
Uploaded
4.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
OK. Nothing can be upgraded on this device. Just go with a lite build the as noted above. Buy a big sd card for additional space. You will need a USB hub for external drive.

nazmy_12

Downloaded
11.9 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 months
The best version in my opinion for u windows 10 1809 build but use lite ver search here u gonna find Many

Taurus

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
17.3 GB
Uploaded
401.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
If you are ok with Windows 7 x64 then try any of the lite builds here, it will be slightly faster. The install size will be 2.5 gb + another 2gb for drivers and .net.

If only W10 will do then go for any of the lite builds here.

Cumulonimbus

Weatherman
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
225.3 GB
Uploaded
1.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
7 (8)
Member for 10 years
I think it was 64bit because
I just checked the laptop specs sheet and found:
System Architecture: 64 bit

so that Windows 10 must be 64bit and I also recalled it was probably Windows Home edition.
You can still use a 32bit OS, which is better with the low RAM you have.

dlcfeeder

Downloaded
64.7 GB
Uploaded
10.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
you should try build @FBConan or @Phrankie

Feiyan

Downloaded
82.2 GB
Uploaded
103.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
So that made me think there must a specific version of Windows which these Laptop Vendors install while selling it because when I bought it, it had total 32gb hdd and out of that 3-5 gb was free to use even though it had many bloatware.

↑ Maybe it was the free upgrade to Win10 for Windows 7 or 8 users back then.. so the original first release version of Win10?

Ghostriders

Downloaded
65.1 GB
Uploaded
2.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
I'm also looking for something for you.
This laptop came with Windows 10 S as standard

Windows 10 in S mode is a lighter operating system and therefore faster than Home and Pro.
In addition, the battery lasts longer.
With Windows 10 in S mode, you can only choose from the apps available in the Windows Store.
This means you have less chance of acquiring viruses via infected downloads or software

aiOrigins

Downloaded
12.7 GB
Uploaded
25.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Firstly thank you to all of you for your support and wisdom. I sincerely appreciate that.

You can still use a 32bit OS, which is better with the low RAM you have.
As I mentioned System Architecture is: 64 bit so 32bit IMHO won't be installed, isn't?

↑ Maybe it was the free upgrade to Win10 for Windows 7 or 8 users back then.. so the original first release version of Win10?
It was Windows 10 version but I don't remember which specific version was it. Also it was a licensed version. I have no idea how did Asus manage to do all this but it was very fast and seemed like full feature version.

I'm also looking for something for you.
This laptop came with Windows 10 S as standard

Windows 10 in S mode is a lighter operating system and therefore faster than Home and Pro.
In addition, the battery lasts longer.
With Windows 10 in S mode, you can only choose from the apps available in the Windows Store.
This means you have less chance of acquiring viruses via infected downloads or software
Thank you, I appreciate that. I guess it wasn't Windows S ver. because it had many 3rd party apps installed and WIndows S doesn't allow to install any other app other than MS Store [If I'm not wrong this is how it works ]

Summary:
Based on the recommendations I got, I decided to go for these 3 one by one [in case the 1st option doesn't work then I'd go for the 2nd one and so on]:
- Windows X-Lite 'Optimum 10 Pro' v2 by FBConan [ 4GB Installed Size!]
- Windows 10 LTSC 2019 (x64) Lite & Compact (Build For Vip now is Free By Mac)
- Windows 10 LTSC CompactLite (17763.2090)

If anyone is interested then I'd post the updates so that it'd be helpful to someone who might be in a similar situation.

Panther

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
135.5 GB
Uploaded
4.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Firstly thank you to all of you for your support and wisdom. I sincerely appreciate that.

As I mentioned System Architecture is: 64 bit so 32bit IMHO won't be installed, isn't?

It was Windows 10 version but I don't remember which specific version was it. Also it was a licensed version. I have no idea how did Asus manage to do all this but it was very fast and seemed like full feature version.

Thank you, I appreciate that. I guess it wasn't Windows S ver. because it had many 3rd party apps installed and WIndows S doesn't allow to install any other app other than MS Store [If I'm not wrong this is how it works ]

Summary:
Based on the recommendations I got, I decided to go for these 3 one by one [in case the 1st option doesn't work then I'd go for the 2nd one and so on]:
- Windows X-Lite 'Optimum 10 Pro' v2 by FBConan [ 4GB Installed Size!]
- Windows 10 LTSC 2019 (x64) Lite & Compact (Build For Vip now is Free By Mac)
- Windows 10 LTSC CompactLite (17763.2090)

If anyone is interested then I'd post the updates so that it'd be helpful to someone who might be in a similar situation.
32bit will run fine.
64bit archtecture can access more memory (past 4gb) but pointless if ram less than 4gb. Unless there is an app you need that is only 64bit ....