Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Window10 And Its Contents Back Up Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikram62

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
20.8 GB
Uploaded
5.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Hi experts.

I have installed window10.
But unlike window7 i has to download Net.Framwork for it for many apps to work properly.

So i want to have back up of my window alongwith Net.Framework etc.
Is it possible to keep backup of window10 as well as Net.framework?

If yes , then tell me how?
Plz tell me step by step method of such windows back up keeping.
Or if a software can help me plz also share that.

aXeSwY

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Retired Veterans
Downloaded
26.3 GB
Uploaded
3.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
62 (63)
Member for 9 years
Well you don't need to download .net framework you can install it from your windows 10 CD or iso :

Open CMD as administrator and execute this :

Code:
Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /All /Source:F:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess

( F: ) is supposedly your drive letter for Windows 10 installation media.

So now after you restore your backup of windows just execute that command

ikram62

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
20.8 GB
Uploaded
5.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
would you explain this in more easy words plz. I cant pick properly.

ikram62

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
20.8 GB
Uploaded
5.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
in this thread i got net.framwork solution.

But my actual problem is how to keep back up of my window and all apps installed and all settings.
Plz help me in this regard.

aXeSwY

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Retired Veterans
Downloaded
26.3 GB
Uploaded
3.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
62 (63)
Member for 9 years
But my actual problem is how to keep back up of my window and all apps installed and all settings.
So if you need to backup your windows + apps you need to backup the entire %HOMEDRIVE%

The way to do that is in the following tutorial :

1- Right-click the Start button and launch Control Panel.

2- Click File History.

3- While in File History, click the System Image Backup link in the bottom-left corner of the screen.

4- Connect an external USB hard drive with enough free space.

5- In the backup wizard, you'll be prompted to choose from one of the three options to save the backup. For this example, we are going select the hard drive you just connected. However, keep in mind that you can backup to DVD blanks and a network share, but these options will slow down the backup process.

system-image-backup-windows10.jpg

6- Click Next.

7- Confirm and begin the process by clicking Start backup.

confirm-backup.jpg

The backup could take anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours, it all depends on the amount of data to be backed up.

And yes, during the backup process, you can use your computer as you would normally do.

After the System Image Backup utility completes the task, remember to keep the hard drive in a safe place.

Although, a lot of tech savvy users are aware of how to perform a full backup in Windows, you'll be surprised how many people fail to know the basics. Often times I get asked questions such as: "I upgraded my system and now Windows won't boot, how can I rollback?". Or "My hard drive is ruined, is there any way to recover my data?", and most of the times a simple backup could have saved them a lot of troubles.

How often do you do a full backup of your computer? What software do you use? Let us know your backup experience in the comments below!

Update: To restore your computer from backup, connect the drive with the system image backup and reboot your computer with the Windows installation media. During the Windows Setup, click Next, then click the Repair your computer link in the bottom-left corner of the screen. Click on Troubleshoot, click Advanced options, and select System Image Recovery. Now select the target operating system you want to recover, click Next And Finish.

ikram62

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
20.8 GB
Uploaded
5.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
So if you need to backup your windows + apps you need to backup the entire %HOMEDRIVE%

The way to do that is in the following tutorial :

1- Right-click the Start button and launch Control Panel.

2- Click File History.

3- While in File History, click the System Image Backup link in the bottom-left corner of the screen.

4- Connect an external USB hard drive with enough free space.

5- In the backup wizard, you'll be prompted to choose from one of the three options to save the backup. For this example, we are going select the hard drive you just connected. However, keep in mind that you can backup to DVD blanks and a network share, but these options will slow down the backup process.

system-image-backup-windows10.jpg

6- Click Next.

7- Confirm and begin the process by clicking Start backup.

confirm-backup.jpg

The backup could take anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours, it all depends on the amount of data to be backed up.

And yes, during the backup process, you can use your computer as you would normally do.

After the System Image Backup utility completes the task, remember to keep the hard drive in a safe place.

Although, a lot of tech savvy users are aware of how to perform a full backup in Windows, you'll be surprised how many people fail to know the basics. Often times I get asked questions such as: "I upgraded my system and now Windows won't boot, how can I rollback?". Or "My hard drive is ruined, is there any way to recover my data?", and most of the times a simple backup could have saved them a lot of troubles.

How often do you do a full backup of your computer? What software do you use? Let us know your backup experience in the comments below!

Update: To restore your computer from backup, connect the drive with the system image backup and reboot your computer with the Windows installation media. During the Windows Setup, click Next, then click the Repair your computer link in the bottom-left corner of the screen. Click on Troubleshoot, click Advanced options, and select System Image Recovery. Now select the target operating system you want to recover, click Next And Finish.

In the last image it is shown that "C" drive will be backed up!
Suppose that i have installed something in F driver or other , it means that drive will not be backed up?

aXeSwY

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Retired Veterans
Downloaded
26.3 GB
Uploaded
3.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
62 (63)
Member for 9 years
Suppose that i have installed something in F driver or other , it means that drive will not be backed up?
it wont be backupped if you going to backup your entire PC you need another Hard Drive for it

and you better be using a backup live CD such as Acronis

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
YES. it will show you windows partition. no matter it's d/f/e/b
Make sure you're not using any external HDD that have Windows partition.

Just stick to single HDD that have OS you supposed to Backup. Use USB or external HDD to create/save system image backup.
Note: If yours OS size is 20GB? then you need above 24GB USB drive or HDD. provide a drive that have extra storage above then 20GB (it depends on process that how much size it will compress or not) Don't use 8/16GB USB drive if your OS have 20GB installation size.

ikram62

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
20.8 GB
Uploaded
5.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
So you mean everything of my pc will be backed up..........and i must use 24 and above USB?

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
So you mean everything of my pc will be backed up..........and i must use 24 and above USB?
Yours OS partition data will be backup in image, all of yours programs/settings.etc!
and i said if yours installed OS properties size is: 20GB then use USB that have atleast 24GB space & must be NTFS. or else use any external HDD that have 24GB space atleast. and it must NTFS.

Kindly read here:

Status
Not open for further replies.