Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tech News Windows 11: Update KB5031455 refuses to install for several users

The latest Windows 11 update was supposed to fix several bugs, but itself is the victim of a small technical problem. Indeed, for many users, this results in an error message indicating that the installation did not take place.

Qi8UWh.jpeg

It’s an observation that is as amusing as it is bitter : With each update that corrects bugs on Windows, new ones appear. Some are relatively harmless, but others can be particularly disabling. The latest OS update is obviously no exception, with many users reporting that they simply can't install it.

Indeed, the error messages vary depending on the case, but the result is always the same: the download cannot be completed, or, if this is the case, the installation refuses to start. Upon launching the update, we were greeted by a mysterious error code 0x80073701c.

WINDOWS 11 NO LONGER WANTS TO UPDATE ? YOU ARE NOT ALONE
As shown in the screenshot above, this error message simply indicates that the update could not be installed and invites us to try again, without further details. Note also that the update took place without any problem on another PC in the editorial office. It is therefore difficult at present to determine the source of the problem, or even whether it is very widespread or not.
However, several Windows Latest readers have reported a similar experience. One of them explains that the download hangs at 97% before restarting automatically. On the other hand, those who managed to update are reporting problems with some of their games, particularly those retrieved via the Epic Games Store, which now refuse to launch.

Currently, no solution is offered by Microsoft. If you notice any problems with this update, we advise you to wait a little before installing it or, if you have already done so, to revert to a previous version of the operating system. Here is the list of error codes retrieved by Windows Latest :

• 0x800f081f
  • 0x8007007e
  • 0x8000ffff
  • 0x800f0984
  • 0x80073701

Greetings !!!

Toaster

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
9.9 GB
Uploaded
43.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
I got the same issue yesterday after a fresh install of a new Win11 pro.
Took me some times before to fix it, but after trying few things, I got the updates to work again.
From memory here are the things I have done,

I will spare you the steps, that didn't do anything:

1. A bunch of stuff that didn't provide any results

2. Troubleshoot Win update
> System/Troubleshoot/Other Troubleshooters/Windows Update >>> "RUN" <<<
>> (Message said that it found something blablabla), but didn't work in the end...

3. Put updates on "Pause" / switch "On" again
> This is at this very moment, that the miracle occurred (who knows why...)

Now working without problems.

Hope this help!

hamabe

: It's that time again : 。゚・ (>﹏<) ・゚。
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
435.9 GB
Uploaded
37.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
You can clear C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder and delete everything inside
Then restart the update to check again.

Qi0V5v.png

I would uncheck the Get latest update when available to avoid issues with updates.
Newer isn't always better.

You can try to download via Windows update catalogue but I can't seem to find this update yet.

Then use the utility which actually executes the *.msu is WUSA.EXE, the Windows Standalone Update Installer.
Open a Command Prompt "As Administrator", and run this command below to install the update.

WUSA <path>\Windows6.1-kb958559-x64.msu

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Dont mess with SxS folder and DLLs needed... The main error 0x80073701 also known as error_sxs_assembly_missing happens when DLLs declared in Side By Side assembly manifests are altered or missing, but are needed for the update to happen. A lot of debloaters and custom versions of Windows mess with such DLLs and the SxS folder. That is why the update fails in some windows but not in others.

Every code you mentioned is actually related to people messing with the Windows files in some ways.

0x800f081f = Dism can not find the files needed in the default location (The SxS folder)
0x8007007e = Damaged/missing .NET 4.7 files or updates of said files (can also be partially found in SxS)
0x8000ffff = Error from 3rd party program (most likely antivirus) or ironically, by viruses.
0x800f0984 = DLLs that are needed were missing even tho the location exists.

Notice any similarities in the above errors?

SydneyM

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
51.6 GB
Uploaded
57.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Dont mess with SxS folder and DLLs needed... The main error 0x80073701 also known as error_sxs_assembly_missing happens when DLLs declared in Side By Side assembly manifests are altered or missing, but are needed for the update to happen. A lot of debloaters and custom versions of Windows mess with such DLLs and the SxS folder. That is why the update fails in some windows but not in others.

Every code you mentioned is actually related to people messing with the Windows files in some ways.

0x800f081f = Dism can not find the files needed in the default location (The SxS folder)
0x8007007e = Damaged/missing .NET 4.7 files or updates of said files (can also be partially found in SxS)
0x8000ffff = Error from 3rd party program (most likely antivirus) or ironically, by viruses.
0x800f0984 = DLLs that are needed were missing even tho the location exists.

Notice any similarities in the above errors?
@Cyler, all this sounds very technical. I remember sometime ago, I did as @Toaster said. Troubleshoot Windows Updates and it worked.