Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Windows 8.1 directx errors in few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenEagle54

Downloaded
13.9 GB
Uploaded
16.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Hi guys. I'm getting two types of errors for which none of the solutions searched outside are working. Please help.

1. "D3D11.dll access violation 0x000005. -
Two games - Human Fall Flat and Overcooked 2, I'm getting this error. Human Fall Flat, I've purchased from Steam and Overcooked 2 is Fitgirl's. For now I've inserted a target - "-window-mode exclusive" and they're running. But I sometimes still get those error. Especially when I connect the laptop to an external monitor and put up "Second Display Only".

2. "DirectX function "hr1" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED" -
I'm having this issue with two battlefield games Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 1 (The WW1 game). Other games like Call of Duty AW, Call of Duty Ghosts or Call of Duty WW2 are running without any issues.

The error is showing up as:-
"DirectX function "hr1" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED ("The video card has been physically removed from the system, or a driver upgrade for the video card has occured."). GPU: "Nvidia Geforce 840M", Driver: 45671. This error is usually caused by the graphics driver crashing; try installing the latest drivers. Also, make sure you have a supported graphics card with at least 2gb.

I've checked if the graphics card is loosely placed and clean installed Windows, Graphics drivers, DirectX, VC redists and yet I'm not able to run those games.

My laptop HP - P077tx specs - i5-4210U, 8gb ram, 2gb Nvidia Geforce 840M, Windows 8.1 Sing_lang, 5400rpm HDD.
Decade old hardware, I know, but I've played both BF4 and BF1 on this computer before.

The Professor

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
31 GB
Uploaded
33.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
44 (46)
Member for 10 years
Have you used Google for the error you got

GoldenEagle54

Downloaded
13.9 GB
Uploaded
16.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Have you used Google for the error you got

none of the solutions searched outside are working

I've searched outside. Google, Reddit, Quora, Tom's Hardware, EA forum, you name it. They have mentioned solutions but they're not working in my case bro. Except the this one -window-mode exclusive. None for the second issue at all.

The Professor

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
31 GB
Uploaded
33.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
44 (46)
Member for 10 years
I am not an well expertise in these wait for some Staff's to involve in this they will carry on further :)

GoldenEagle54

Downloaded
13.9 GB
Uploaded
16.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
I am not an well expertise in these wait for some Staff's to involve in this they will carry on further :)
Sure. Thanks. :)

I came here as a last resort actually. Funnily enough it's happening only in Windows 8.1. Not sure why, but any version of 7 won't run in my laptop and I don't have these issues in 10 but due to my HDD, I'm not able to run it very well. :speechless:

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
228.8 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
@GoldenEagle54 i had the same when i used windows 7 pro ... then i step to windows 10 pro and everything works fine now ...
witheverything i ment everything All the latest games and so on ....

i'm just wanted to say this :)

GoldenEagle54

Downloaded
13.9 GB
Uploaded
16.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
@GoldenEagle54 i had the same when i used windows 7 pro ... then i step to windows 10 pro and everything works fine now ...
witheverything i ment everything All the latest games and so on ....

i'm just wanted to say this :)

Thanks bro @SiteWizard , :)
I've tried that and it works. But there is one drawback in my system, 5400 rpm HDD which causes 100% disk usage in windows 10. I know it's really old and I need to get an SSD and I'll be doing it in the coming month or two at the most. But right now I might need to stay in 8.1 because of that and this error is messing with my head. :p

Would you say I should try Windows 10 now with 5400rpm hdd?

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
228.8 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
Would you say I should try Windows 10 now with 5400rpm hdd?
yes , it can only be beter :)

GoldenEagle54

Downloaded
13.9 GB
Uploaded
16.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Okay. Last question - Given my HDD low rpm, Any lite mod would be better or full windows 10? (pro or my own single language license?). :)
I understand I'm not supposed to ask this question but I won't get proper answer anywhere else. Everywhere else they be like mod, viruses, hack blah blah blah. They don't know I put a lot of trust in the site.

QuanLam

Emmayla
Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
154.3 GB
Uploaded
29.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
23 (23)
Member for 4 years
I would suggest full vanilla Windows 10, but if that option doesn't work well, then find a "lite" one. Not recommend "lite" ones though, since they are usually stripped bare-bone and will probably cause problem for lots of things. Other types of modded Windows here are mainly aesthetically modified so, yeah, probably consider them only if you are interested, they won't help with hardware limitations :)

GoldenEagle54

Downloaded
13.9 GB
Uploaded
16.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
I would suggest full vanilla Windows 10, but if that option doesn't work well, then find a "lite" one. Not recommend "lite" ones though, since they are usually stripped bare-bone and will probably cause problem for lots of things. Other types of modded Windows here are mainly aesthetically modified so, yeah, probably consider them only if you are interested, they won't help with hardware limitations :)
Maybe I'll try customising myself. I want a build devoid of nonsenses like Windows Defender, OneDrive, Game Bar, etc.

styldre

D4D Styldre
Downloaded
96 GB
Uploaded
3.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Haha so right !
But Write + earase to much on that perfect 000 it's Da problème. (and the sound) lol

GoldenEagle54

Downloaded
13.9 GB
Uploaded
16.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
@SiteWizard @QuanLam Bros. Sorry for reply after ages. Vanilla caused a lot of slowdowns in mine. Frequent disk usage 100%, constant updates, few freezes, etc. Lots of unnecessary stuff like store bloatware, constant updates, defender, edge, etc. Then I tried Nicky's Ultra Lite. It was wayy better but even then my HDD has this slow rpm and 100% disk usage issue. So I came back to 8.1. Using my own personal build now though the problem is still the same, even after updating Geforce drivers. :D:D

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
228.8 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
@GoldenEagle54 i'm thinking it should be beter to upgrade you'r computer also ...
ok it will cost a bit ... but then you are back fine for a few years :)

i also need to upgrade my Rig here because i want a i9 cpu ...

GoldenEagle54

Downloaded
13.9 GB
Uploaded
16.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
@GoldenEagle54 i'm thinking it should be beter to upgrade you'r computer also ...
ok it will cost a bit ... but then you are back fine for a few years :)

i also need to upgrade my Rig here because i want a i9 cpu ...
Even I think bro. I'm a civil engineer but not practicing it right now and preparing for a few exams. So that makes me only a home user who plays a few games in free time and only single players. Thought of buying a gaming laptop, but that will cause only distraction.
SSD would be a better option which I will in a few days.

Yo, please check on that adminer post bro. Do you know how to access PIN sign in support with that settings app in windows 8.1?

GoldenEagle54

Downloaded
13.9 GB
Uploaded
16.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
@SiteWizard bro, I found the fix for the issues in this post. Newer Nvidia Geforce drivers is breaking a lot including directx stuff in Windows 8.1(DX11). So I went back to an older version of geforce drivers. I had tried this solution before but had many updates are broken and when I tried an yer old build things fixed.

Please close this thread if you think it's best and thanks a lot for the help @SiteWizard and @QuanLam :):)

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
As oer your request @GoldenEagle54 , thanks to all who helped, closed and tagged completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.