- 10.4 GB
- 10.3 GB
- Upload Count
- 0 (0)
sry mods for double post but i just found what i was looking for and my edit time had expired
taken von Ramseys website* For this to work you need to make sure that you Computer (Motherboard BIOS) has an USB Booting option.
1. BACKUP ALL YOUR FILES ON A SEPARATE STORAGE DEVICES.
2. Download the latest WinSetupFromUSB version from their Website.
3. Create a new folder and name it "WinSetupFromUSB" and then extract the WinSetupFromUSB tool with a Zip-Achive program into the "WinSetupFromUSB" folder.
4. Create another new folder and name this one "WinXP-IE" and then open the ISO file "Windows XP Professional SP3 x86 - Integral Edition v201X.XX.XX.iso" with a Zip-Archive Program and then extract everything except the "[BOOT]" folder (if present) into the "WinXP-IE" folder.
5. Plug-in a USB Flash Drive into the computer and then start the WinSetupFromUSB tool from the main "WinSetupFromUSB" folder.
6. Now select the USB Flash Drive in WinSetupFromUSB and then select the option "Auto format it with FBinst" and choose "NTFS" or FAT32/FAT16 when you install Windows XP on a computer from the Stone Age.
7. Select the option "Windows 2000/XP/2003 Setup" and then click on the button "..." and browse to the "WinXP-IE" folder.
8. Now click on the "GO" button and after WinSetupFromUSB is done restart your computer and Boot from the USB Flash Driver.
* Alternative tools for making a Windows XP Flash installation are "WinToFlash" and "Rufus"