Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked 10 out 11 in

Status
Not open for further replies.

erobbins

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
200.3 GB
Uploaded
5.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
With Windows 10 set to stop getting security updates, some of us are moving to machines with TPM, secure boot, etc. But we may still prefer W10. So I would like to ask:
1. Exactly what does the TPM and secure boot do to keep computers safe.
2. What could happen if we still boot up with W10 once security updates have stopped.
3. Am I correct when I say that computers with TPM and secure boot still boot up with that protection, even if using W10 on a SSD portable? Is the portable OS protected like in W11?
4. If I boot up with W11 and create a virtual W10 machine and use that to surf, etc. and disable drag and drop, then nothing can get through to the physical if it should get into the virtual?
5. I like using SSD portables (Sandisk keyhole) plugged into my computers. Is there anything I should do or watch for after Windows reaches the end of its life?

Yash Dedhia

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
141.8 GB
Uploaded
677.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
@erobbins first thing tpm & secure boot add a layer of protection extra to avoid malware get into system .. better understanding about each of that two will be on Google to help you understand deeply..
There is no way anything is totally safe as such secure boot can be disabled .. so as for tpm as you see we run builds of windows 11 modified to run without secure boot or tpm so i don't see the question of anything safe ..
I don't see reason for using virtual machine limiting yourself performance which you may not like later only thing is you can get Windows 11 stay on it update few times to stable only builds get a Paid antivirus for proper support rather than free or modified ones .. most important visit trusted sites don't visit anything or download anything from anywhere that's where things get messed up.. use ad blocker for me ublock origin so i avoid getting useless ads or get some freebie downloaded messing something's.. i guess that's it

Jimmy Collaros

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.8 TB
Uploaded
1,441.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
870 (869)
Member for 8 years
@erobbins first thing tpm & secure boot add a layer of protection extra to avoid malware get into system .. better understanding about each of that two will be on Google to help you understand deeply..
There is no way anything is totally safe as such secure boot can be disabled .. so as for tpm as you see we run builds of windows 11 modified to run without secure boot or tpm so i don't see the question of anything safe ..
I don't see reason for using virtual machine limiting yourself performance which you may not like later only thing is you can get Windows 11 stay on it update few times to stable only builds get a Paid antivirus for proper support rather than free or modified ones .. most important visit trusted sites don't visit anything or download anything from anywhere that's where things get messed up.. use ad blocker for me ublock origin so i avoid getting useless ads or get some freebie downloaded messing something's.. i guess that's it
i don't like it it should-be more perfect

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
Let's not jump ahead of ouseseves here. Microsoft will continue to support Windows 10 release until October 2025. That is more than 2 and a half years from now and LTSC is ok till 2027 which is a good 5 years. That is a LOOOOONG time ahead, especially for computers. By that time to be honest the new windows 12 will have been released which makes any talk about windows 11... pointless as far as support goes.

Even then windows will still be functional and I bet they will get security updates at least, much like windows 7 still does even if its EOL since 2020. Either way, if you use a different firewall and antivirus and don't rely on the ones windows have, you probably won't even need updates that much. Older hardware in 2 years, will work the same as now so...

Dont get me wrong if you want and like windows 11, update all you like, but it's not forced.. or needed.

Now to help you answer some of your questions.
1. Exactly what does the TPM and secure boot do to keep computers safe.
TPM provides a unique cryptographic key that can not be modified by software since its hardware-based and can be used to reinforce encryption and ensure the uniqueness of your PC (can't have a different PC pretending it's you) among other things. Secure boot makes sure that rootkits and bootloaders and in general illegal software and devices (USB drives) can NOT boot your system and bypass windows security or gain administrator access or erase disks etc unless they have the right credentials to do so.
2. What could happen if we still boot up with W10 once security updates have stopped.
Answered above but in general... nothing. Windows will still function normally.
3. Am I correct when I say that computers with TPM and secure boot still boot up with that protection, even if using W10 on a SSD portable? Is the portable OS protected like in W11?
If you enable secure boot, chances are that some versions of windows (including light, thin, whatever) won't boot as they probably won't pass the secure boot checks but I need to test this t be sure.
4. If I boot up with W11 and create a virtual W10 machine and use that to surf, etc. and disable drag and drop, then nothing can get through to the physical if it should get into the virtual?
99.999% yes but now you are getting paranoid without me being offensive. Have an updated antivirus and a good firewall, and be mindful from where you download software and you will be ok. If something you want to download, looks to good to be real, it probably isn't real. Note here that movies/music are immune to viruses etc and only software can be used to spread viruses.
5. I like using SSD portables (Sandisk keyhole) plugged into my computers. Is there anything I should do or watch for after Windows reaches the end of its life?
Absolutely nothing. What was working before EOL will work after EOL exactly the same.

Hope it helped.

i don't like it it should-be more perfect
First, try to give a decent answer yourself, then judge other people's answers, especially when they are right. Even more so, since you were an ex-moderator, you should know better, and not make irrelevant comments, create spam, or try to insult people.

As an old phrase goes: If you have nothing good/useful to say, dont say anything.

Last edited:

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Windows is moving to a software as a subscription service in the next few years so we will have less control than ever over our own hardware and software choices if we want to use Windows. Having said that, windows 10 will be good for years yet so no need to worry yet. Windows 10 2019 LTSC has ten years promised support until January 9 2029. Windows server 2022 is a good OS, other than bluetooth audio issues. It will be supported to 2027 at least. Personally, I think DNS filtering is becoming very important in the front line against malware and has the advantage of keeping out most advertising and even blocking windows inbuilt telemetry etc. You can do it yourself using adguard home or a pi hole or use nextdns or similar services. As the others have said, a good antivirus should keep things safe regardless of OS support.

Status
Not open for further replies.