Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

About Portable Apps

Dasten

Downloaded
282.5 GB
Uploaded
316.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
For the information on using portable apps... not all application works as intended when installed normally versus using a portable application...
based on my experience and opinion, an example would be adobe acrobat pro dc, both have a normal install and a portable one, the normal install would detect my printer but the portable does not. i assume it has to do with registry entries when installed on normal, (just my guess) Another one is Adobe photoshop, some tools does not work (maybe others stuff just don't have the time to explore) unlike when installed normally even just a repack as long as it hits the registry for some code (i think or services).

this is just my opinion, (btw i don't know where to put this post, sorry if this is not the proper area for posting)
thank you! GB.

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11368 (11368)
Member for 8 years
I think it's pretty much general knowledge that some portables don't work as well as install. At least for most.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
What Mr S said above is correct and the reason in most cases is that portable apps, run inside a container with its own file system. When we say container, think of a small VM, but unlike Vmware or Virtual box that you need to install the OS, containers only virtualize the file system and folders, including all the registry keys and files needed at the proper locations. The benefit is that portable apps will run on any PC, and even from a USB stick, the problem is that they are hardware agnostic and they can't see if you have a graphics card to accelerate or use AI-specific tools, or better CPU to take advantage, and other such things, and often not even the presence of internet.

If you want to use the app to its fullest, an install is a must, but some apps that don't need specific hardware will run as portable just fine.

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Super Moderator
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
52.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
254 (262)
Member for 7 years
@Dasten as explained above, most portable apps don't retain the medicine aka "hack or fix"