Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Acer aspire 3, A312-21 boot and Win10 install issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

seitsme

Downloaded
61.4 MB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
I bought a secondhand acer aspire 3 a315-21 model laptop that i was told was working but the hdd was removed and an m2 ssd was installed instead but for a reason could
not boot. I bought it just for curiocity if i can fix it and use it for some windows programs. i dont use windows for many years.

After i started examing it at home, i noticed it has soldered 4gb ram and no extra ram in the dimms. not sure if this brings boot problems.

So, i took out the m2 and formated it. it had windows 8 i think but was not booting for a reason.

Laptop exhibited this problem. Boots ok, after acer logo and if finds no devices reboots ie boot loop and then stucks.

I went to bios and cleared everything including a field with a bootmanager-someghing value in it as well.
I tried Legacy or UEFI and same issues.

I tried plugging some external usb hdds but no recognition for a reason.

Then i used VMware on non-windows native boot machine and made with rufus 1 dual boot Legacy-uefi USB with
Win10-21H2 ISO version.

Machine started with the USB only installed externally (no M2 of hdd internally) and after some efforts, only in Legacy mode,
windows logo showed up on screen loading from USB i guess.

Then i got stuck there and even after 20min i was stuck at the logo screen.
I pressume it may have to do with ISO problems as it does not have drivers for this damn acer mode etc. Not sure though.

When set UEFI did not enabled secure boot as not sure what it does and if my usb can affect such choice and get stuck again.

Any help how to resolve this issue and burn one USB properly to allow it boot at least and then add SODIMM ram on it.
USB compatibility cannot guarantee it, but i used sandisk miin usb 3 16GB and i have kingston silver sticks of 32 and 64GB
as well as an sandisk OTG to test if needed...

I thought that i can possibly make an external windows installation on a USB SATA enclosure and use it to boot but not sure if can be done and how.
I am not sure if the M2 kingston 128GB drive can be used for such operation and what formating needed for it.

If i format the M2 i see it as 119GB in windows 10 but after a while even with sleep settings disabled etc. it disappears and does not mount or
shows any drive letter, even when i go to diskpart list disks. its not there.

I noticed in device manager it shows up and then disappears after 2 seconds and then does this loop and never mounts.
Windows also report issue with an extensible usb driver that even uninstalled does not fix this issue on the VM windows 10 machine i have 64bit.

Any clues or guidance how to proceed.
Maybe i could extract the iso on the non-windows platform and have all these files burned (how) on Legacy uefi mode and work.
Or even add drivers (how) for that acer model which i dont have if needed to load the win installer correctly.

Just to add that i was always using the windowsToGo usb method or disk from my osx VMware

hm... It looks after data loss i lost the replies as well... So i come back with further news...
i downloaded Ventoy as i saw was a bit easier for me to make multiboot usb and copy 2 iso files on 15GB stick.
i used ventoy on VMware and created the usb ok.
Copied 3 isos.
win10 21H2 EN 64b, win 8.1 enterprise update, winpe strelec. Got all of them from the forum etc.

Ventoy started ok and showed menus under UEFI, that was big improvment.
The problem now is that.

ventoy loads ok, in GNU mode, after i added a script for fuzzy screen on acer which did not solve my problem with installation
and acer logo looping and after 3 times... fuzzy screen.

I started executing the win10 21H2. enter on choice, system restarted loaded windows logo flashed once then a cursor appears at the top
left of screen, then windows logo then a message saying VTloading something like that and back to GRUB menu... Setup does not open.

I run the strelec ISO now. In the past was not loading the main menu, now it does not sure why... I click the x64, i get the loading WinPe and
after windows logo, black screen, then VTloading and back to GRUB menu... No setup.

I run the win 8.1 and then i see setup running ok, i did a test install and installed ok, BUT, during installation i get no trackpad recognised or
mouse cursor appearing. When it loads the desktop etc. again nothing. Also not sure if wifi is working. I think all happen because of missing drivers
for the laptop trackpad etc.

In the past a member said to find some drivers from intel and add them in the iso or i cannot remember how since the recent data loss here...
So, i write back for extra help and tips to see how things can work to run setup for win 10...

I think at the moment i can install windows 8 since it works and... make tests to see how can i add drivers to windows to recognise my wifi, trackpad etc.
-----
Any other options to consider in order to make WinPE load correctly.
I just copied the winpe iso on the ventoy usb, i did not copy other folders that showed, with tutorials etc, after i extracted the zip file.
-----
I only booted UEFI with no secure boot and Legacy.
I tried the secure option but is asking to locate and select file to trust etc and have no clue here so i abandoned it...
-----
Something else... I found that this laptop has NO CMOS battery, it takes recheargable watch battery i think 1220...
but run ok plugged in all the time...

OH... i forgot to mention that when i change to UEFI-legacy i get a message that MS suggests to install win 8 under UEFI...
What the heck that means... It does not want win 10 on the machine...

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
@seitsme ... please think of everything... then start a thread... plus I believe that there is an "edit" button on your original post, no need to double and triple post Thanks and good luck! I've merged all 3 posts into 1 for you ;)

nuttz

Queen of the Water
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
208.5 GB
Uploaded
102.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
56 (55)
Member for 8 years
for you're missing drivers h**ps://download-drivers.net/Acer/laptop/acer-aspire-a315-21
also replace the 1220 battery even when powered windows will reboot when installing which if the 1220 is bad could cause you problems with the cmos resetting during install i could be wrong but had similar problem about 5 years ago and replacing old battery sorted it.
you also may want to check out the following h**ps://community.acer.com/en/discussion/611597/aspire-a315-21g-windows-10-problem as well as this h**ps://community.acer.com/en/discussion/618843/aspire-3-a315-21-unable-to-start-installation-from-usb-stick-with-win-10

Last edited:

seitsme

Downloaded
61.4 MB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
@seitsme ... please think of everything... then start a thread... plus I believe that there is an "edit" button on your original post, no need to double and triple post Thanks and good luck! I've merged all 3 posts into 1 for you ;)
thanks, i was posting fast running out of battery and could not find that damn button, i remembered it was somewhere...

seitsme

Downloaded
61.4 MB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
for you're missing drivers h**ps://download-drivers.net/Acer/laptop/acer-aspire-a315-21
also replace the 1220 battery even when powered windows will reboot when installing which if the 1220 is bad could cause you problems with the cmos resetting during install i could be wrong but had similar problem about 5 years ago and replacing old battery sorted it.
you also may want to check out the following h**ps://community.acer.com/en/discussion/611597/aspire-a315-21g-windows-10-problem as well as this h**ps://community.acer.com/en/discussion/618843/aspire-3-a315-21-unable-to-start-installation-from-usb-stick-with-win-10

thanks for all the info. i visited the website and for ie win10 x64, if i ever manage to boot ok and setup...
i see for example a driver_ Trusted Platform Module 6.1.7.0 for WIN7. Should i use it to install win 10 x64. Not sure.

By the way, bear in mind that i have installed one SATA hdd internal empty. I have no other way to install windows than the usb.
I tried win2hdd and failed there... Will keep on with Rufus and some others. I dont understand why it lets me install win 8 and not 10.

How do i load all these drivers to install them. Can i add them inside an iso file so windows can find them automatically and how.
Can these be added via ventoy, rufus, yumi etc.

i have to find this strange battery... nobody has it... maybe ebay is a solution

nuttz

Queen of the Water
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
208.5 GB
Uploaded
102.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
56 (55)
Member for 8 years
thanks for all the info. i visited the website and for ie win10 x64, if i ever manage to boot ok and setup...
i see for example a driver_ Trusted Platform Module 6.1.7.0 for WIN7. Should i use it to install win 10 x64. Not sure.

By the way, bear in mind that i have installed one SATA hdd internal empty. I have no other way to install windows than the usb.
I tried win2hdd and failed there... Will keep on with Rufus and some others. I dont understand why it lets me install win 8 and not 10.

How do i load all these drivers to install them. Can i add them inside an iso file so windows can find them automatically and how.
Can these be added via ventoy, rufus, yumi etc.

i have to find this strange battery... nobody has it... maybe ebay is a solution
if you read through h**ps://community.acer.com/en/discussion/618843/aspire-3-a315-21-unable-to-start-installation-from-usb-stick-with-win-10
and looked down at the bottom of the comments under solved take note of the version number for windows 10 he used
and the battery very easy to find cut and paste the following
Battery CR1220 3V Lithium Button Battery SB-T13 BR1220 Coin Cell
in you're friend Google

Last edited:

SydneyM

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
51.7 GB
Uploaded
57.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
My humble suggestion is to stay with Windows 8 until you get all the necessary drivers and then load windows 10 as an upgrade.

seitsme

Downloaded
61.4 MB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
if you read through h**ps://community.acer.com/en/discussion/618843/aspire-3-a315-21-unable-to-start-installation-from-usb-stick-with-win-10
and looked down at the bottom of the comments under solved take note of the version number for windows 10 he used
and the battery very easy to find cut and paste the following
Battery CR1220 3V Lithium Button Battery SB-T13 BR1220 Coin Cell
in you're friend Google
thanks for replies back.
Battery is not CR1220... is ML1220 recheargable. This is very difficult to find in my area... even the computer shops dont have this type...
i will go from ebay for solution... This battery has the problem that is recheargable and looses power if ie you go to a trip for 20 days and
damn cell loses charge until you recharge it at laptop charging level ....

i was told i cannot replace it with normal similar type as may explode unless i do soldering tricks... that not sure as i dont have so much
knowledge on whats inside the pcb etc.

i possibly see light in horizon. Will go for a different build before i Medicines my nerves down lol. Lets see...

My humble suggestion is to stay with Windows 8 until you get all the necessary drivers and then load windows 10 as an upgrade.
Hm... i think as well. How do you load w10 as upgrade when update does w8 update only.

MORE NEWS:
I reformated the usb which was 15GB approx. and had in the past 3 iso. 1 win8x, 1 win10, 1 strelec iso.
I thought maybe there is not much space on usb and get extra problems etc.

Now i added 1. strelec and 2. win 10 as before.

I got same issues and an error STATUS 0xc000000f error by windows bootmanager that win said could not repair.

The strange part though is that, i cannot which setting was on BIOS, at some point i got strelec running,
which was not possible with 3x isos as above. I also removed the script for Fuzzyscreen from ventoy.
and make one copy using secure boot option.

When STRELEC loaded x86 mode of not working at x64 as well, i got everything with trackpad as i have had no mouse with me to test, and even some
dos utilities run and showed lowres trackpad cursor as well. that is trackpad pcb etc is ok. So drivers are issue i guess.
I could not activate wifi network list though and was fighting with tab key like the old days of windows 3x... for selections etc.

I tried to run the winNT installer etc but extra steps appeared,got lost there and abandoned as I needed more knowledge on
WIM, images etc. could not find these on loaded cd. Then i tried 78 Setup but some choices were not allowing selection and
could not reach them with keyboard keys TAB etc. Said godbye to this method as well.

After that i tried win 10, restarted and again back to boot GRUB etc menu after a restart with windows logo only.

In the secure boot mode, i got a menu from bios to select a file(s) from the usb i guess to allow them as trusted...
on the secure boot version of ventoy usb.

I dont know though which path and from which ISO i had to select and what filenames to work and what to do next...
So i abandoned there and returned to Legacy as Strelec seemed to like for a reason...

In Bios Legacy, i got an error message at a point
....MS RECOMMENDS EXECUTING win8 in UEFI .... Dont know why it does it all the time.
Maybe some info is inside a ROM or EPROM chip and stops me from going win10...

I also downloaded all drivers from past link but i saw many intel and AMD version ones for ie mouse.
so i got them all, not sure if on the laptop which says AMD4 on a sticker i can install intel drivers on it:

Not sure where to load them. ie at setup menu in disk formating before installation and how many can be loaded
and in what extension to load, ie select a ZIP file or decompress and load all files etc. Does not sound right i think
to load all drivers at setup popup, maybe always loads one only each time.

Finally, I got an internal hdd added and recognised.
What format should i keep this drive to install even win 8 or w10.

I think i will go for win8 as it works then upgrade but not sure if the KMS or EZ Medicines will work with sn and allow full upgrade to w10
instead of update, which i guess does w8 only.

Even AFTER win8 to w10 works, how am i sure i have the x64 version of both w8 and then go up with w10 x64 as well.
1 Will the BIOS allow for that and boot ok later on...
2 Do i need after or when i select upgrade have installed win8 with UEFI in BIOS...

I will check for a BIOS battery but the win8 installation from past post, worked and rebooted etc without CMOS battery installed.
They probably save some extra info on the main battery i guess.

Thanks for all help insofar.
I wait for further opinions on the above.
Until then i will try some Rufus and Yumi attempts and see whats going on.

Any good tdetailed utorial how to use STRELEC to do w10 installation or w8 with explanation where and how you ie add external programs
software ie utils or how and where you install drivers etc.

How do you download an OLDER win build from MS. I see it allows only to download ie the w10 latest build and have no clue
what other builds exist and where to find them ie untouched so they dont get rejected by installer or BIOS or MS protection mechanisms.

nuttz

Queen of the Water
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
208.5 GB
Uploaded
102.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
56 (55)
Member for 8 years
ML1220 is easily available on both amazon and ebay here in the uk witch is of no use too you but you could also look for the following

vhbw Li-Mn BIOS battery 40mAh (3V) laptop​

it is a replacement for the ML1220

SydneyM

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
51.7 GB
Uploaded
57.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
I had a small Acer One laptop with a similar rechargeable CMOS battery that had died because it was left idle for too long. Same issue; can't solder on a new CMOS in, at risk of explosion. So I used a nifty little Time Reset program that fixes the date on booting up. Also, Windows 10 can be loaded as an upgrade within Windows 8, after you boot up your laptop. You cannot move from x86 to x64. If you want to redo it all, choose booting into Strelec's x64 environment.

seitsme

Downloaded
61.4 MB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
I had a small Acer One laptop with a similar rechargeable CMOS battery that had died because it was left idle for too long. Same issue; can't solder on a new CMOS in, at risk of explosion. So I used a nifty little Time Reset program that fixes the date on booting up. Also, Windows 10 can be loaded as an upgrade within Windows 8, after you boot up your laptop. You cannot move from x86 to x64. If you want to redo it all, choose booting into Strelec's x64 environment.
so you say Strelec x64 win 8, that is and under legacy or uefi bios please ...

SydneyM

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
51.7 GB
Uploaded
57.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Works either way; depends how you want Rufus to burn it (MBR or GPT).

seitsme

Downloaded
61.4 MB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Works either way; depends how you want Rufus to burn it (MBR or GPT).
first of all BATTERY notice.
the vhbw Li-Mn BIOS battery 40mAh (3V) laptop has soldered contacts and does not fit in the acer 21... model so will go for the proper code to avoid further damage to battery or laptop from fidling with the contacts...

Installation now....
I tried Yumi to make bootable usb as i had no results with Rufus which also was a bit scary saying that this version 1809
has BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH and needs manual tweaking which is not easy thing to do in limited time i have to set it up etc. daily.

I got the ver 1809, win10 v2 update from Heidoc and tried Yumi which did not warn about blue death and relevant MS funerals, RIP.

with Yumi one of the 3 special EXE files work for a reason and with secure ON. that was the most bizzare of all for me. i thought had no chance...
It installed ok and desktop again without mouse or trackpad. So with the TAB i managed to show the wifi networks and had wifi connected and
it got first update without asking... thats not good... and then Mouse and trackpad was recognised...

WOW i said, mirracle !
The worst part though is that it started continuously until now, after 5 hours, doing damn autoupdates otherwise when i disable it and boots
displays in red not updated etc...

At the moment is updating to H20 version and cannot stop it at all... goes on forever...

I think i will let it go and then reformat the hard drive and replace it with 7200 rmp and go over install on it.

I wanted to prevent windows from creating recovery hdd and have one partition or one disk install only, no other
partitions with info on them but had no luck with diskpart at setup stage.

The hdd needed to be formated GPT guid but could not do it from diskpart. win installer worked on unallocated
space but i guess made extra hidden recovery partitions etc.

Now.. i need more help if possible please.

If i reinstall and let it do 1 update until i see the mouse and trackpad working, then stop it with wifi off.

1- how can i take all drivers not the .info only backup separately
2- same as 1 but with current win installation settings
and
3- move it on an installation disk to have it handy for furure install instead of going again with 1809 v2, update etc.
as this will save my mouse and trackpad- touchpad drivers and let me work fast with settings.
4- if possible an additional way that i can move the whole win install to a new hdd in future as well.

If i could also make ie one iso with the drivers inside would be nice.

SERIAL, since the HEIDOC said it was a Home/Pro version, how can i activate it with PRO version instead of home.
Insofar all the updates in about show Home and did not add any SN etc insofar.

Finally, how can i Uninstall ALL CRAP ie cortana, music player and other MS garbage the right way please.

thanks again and thanks for all help insofar.

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
Get a new laptop?? this seems that it's a big effort to save something old?? Or try to revert back using system restore?

nuttz

Queen of the Water
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
208.5 GB
Uploaded
102.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
56 (55)
Member for 8 years
First of all 1 should check their info for the batter i suggested as replacement
Q94Hoz.png
read just bit modification needing 5min tops also
one should look at title of subject and aslo of what he has written the battery is compatible look them up all you do is cut the heat shrink from around the original wires on the cmos battery cut them as close as to the battery it self then using liquid solder attach these to the replacement then cover with heat shrink and heat and then plug your 2 pin connector back in

you with have this and when you done will end up with sum thing like this

oh and this is my last installment on this as if you had read any of the info and links i had posted you would have this sorted and running windows 10
Q945ac.jpg

Last edited:

seitsme

Downloaded
61.4 MB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
First of all 1 should check their info for the batter i suggested as replacement
Q94Hoz.png
read just bit modification needing 5min tops also
one should look at title of subject and aslo of what he has written the battery is compatible look them up all you do is cut the heat shrink from around the original wires on the cmos battery cut them as close as to the battery it self then using liquid solder attach these to the replacement then cover with heat shrink and heat and then plug your 2 pin connector back in

you with have this and when you done will end up with sum thing like this

oh and this is my last installment on this as if you had read any of the info and links i had posted you would have this sorted and running windows 10
Q945ac.jpg
great info for some future mod.
Not sure if i cleared things out but my battery socket does not have any pins at all or jumper style socket.
like this one. dont forget to remove the double wildcard... h**ps://tinyurl.com/ml1220pcb

not sure if battery will work or recognised after cutting the 2 metallic contacts that protrude outside of the battery cell as close as possible to the cell.
maybe these raise the battery from its socket and wont fit properly also.

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11378 (11378)
Member for 8 years
All kind of answers and ideas here. This will go on and on. Suggest doing some homework on this, or take to qualified shop. Completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.