Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Problem bootable iso from Host or Existing VM ?

Ahmed Haroon

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.9 GB
Uploaded
465.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
i downloaded a windows 10 / 11 ISO from TeamOS , installed it on a machine as Host or installed in a VM using VMWare Workstation or Oracle Virtual Box and it updated various times and now i want to create another Host machine or VM with same updated OS so the time and resources can be saved to update online. is it possible to create ISO from an existing Host or a VM? if yes please help how it can be done?

search on google not helped OR i failed to enter correct search prompt so i am asking here.

regards

Ahmed Haroon

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.9 GB
Uploaded
465.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
using ChatGPT, it answered me for same question ( delete first sentence regarding download from TeamOS ) please give an expert opinion and if there is any better way?

ChatGPT reply:

Yes, it's possible to create an ISO image from an existing Windows 10 installation, whether it's on a physical machine or a virtual machine. Here's how you can do it:

For VMware Workstation:

1. Shut down the virtual machine.
  2. Open VMware Workstation.
  3. Go to the folder where the virtual machine files are stored.
  4. Look for the .vmdk file associated with the virtual machine's hard drive.
  5. Use a disk imaging tool like WinImage or Disk2vhd to create a disk image (VHD or VHDX).
  6. Once you have the disk image, you can use a tool like ImgBurn to create an ISO from the disk image file.
For Oracle VirtualBox:

1. Shut down the virtual machine.
  2. Open VirtualBox.
  3. Go to the folder where the virtual machine files are stored.
  4. Locate the .vdi file associated with the virtual machine's hard drive.
  5. Use a disk imaging tool like Virtual CloneDrive or Disk2vhd to create a disk image (VHD or VHDX).
  6. Once you have the disk image, you can use a tool like ImgBurn to create an ISO from the disk image file.
For Physical Machine:

If you want to create an ISO from a physical machine, you can use software like Clonezilla or Macrium Reflect to create a disk image of the entire disk or partition. Once you have the disk image, you can use a tool like ImgBurn to create an ISO from the disk image file.

After you have created the disk image, you can convert it to an ISO using various tools available online. One such tool is ImgBurn, which is a free tool for creating and burning ISO images.

Once you have the ISO image, you can use it to install Windows 10 on another host machine or virtual machine without having to go through the update process again. Just mount the ISO and install Windows as you normally would.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
It is possible but is also not needed. Since you don't tell us which exact VM manager you use, I will assume VMware.
For the Pro version select the virtual machine you want to clone from the Virtual Machine Library, right-click, select manage, and then select Clone, or do what you got instructed grom GPT and just copy the files in a new folder, and add them to your VM manager.

ki_2004

Downloaded
260.1 MB
Uploaded
9.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
I believe the approach will create an ISO but will it be bootable?
To make bootable from Windows 10/11 you need to push etfsboot.com & efisys.bin to the dual legacy+UEFI bootable ISO using tools like OSCDIMG.exe

That's how I have been doing so far, at least with driver updates to boot.wim and install.wim etc