Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tech News Bye Bye VPN :(

Over the past few years we have seen copyright holders take several ISPs to court, accusing them of failing to disconnect repeat copyright infringers. These lawsuits have expanded recently, with VPN providers and hosting companies as the main targets. The VPN lawsuits are filed by a group of independent movies companies that previously went after piracy sites and apps. They include the makers of films such as The Hitman's Bodyguard, Dallas Buyers Club, and London Has Fallen. In one of these cases, the filmmakers accused VPN Unlimited's company KeepSolid Inc. of being involved in widespread copyright infringement. The company allegedly 'encouraged' subscribers to use pirate sites and did nothing to stop infringing traffic.

Most VPNs can't track the online activities of subscribers and the filmmakers believe that VPN Unlimited and other providers actively promoted their services to online pirates. For example, by referencing known pirate sites. "Defendant KeepSolid encourages its users to access torrent sites including the Pirate Bay," the complaint read, showing a screenshot from the VPN's help section, which remains online today. Instead of fighting the case on its merits, both parties have agreed to settle the case behind closed doors. Last week, they informed the Virginia federal court that an agreement had been reached. As part of this settlement, all claims against VPN Unlimited were dismissed. The full details of the settlement agreement are confidential. Both parties agreed to cover their own costs but it's unknown whether any monetary damages are involved. What is clear is that, going forward, VPN Unlimited will restrict torrent traffic on its U.S. servers.

"Pursuant to the confidential settlement agreement, Plaintiffs have requested and Defendant KeepSolid has agreed to use commercially reasonable efforts to block BitTorrent traffic," the joint dismissal stipulation reads. As it reads, this measure applies to BitTorrent traffic as a broad category. That includes both pirated content and lawful torrent transfers. In addition, VPN Unlimited will also take more targeted measures to stop traffic to torrent sites. VPN Unlimited has agreed to block access to several pirate sites. These include YTS, The Pirate Bay, RARBG, 1337x, and several proxies. These measures are again limited to U.S.-based VPN servers. Popcorn-time.tw is also on the blocklist, but this Popcorn Time fork has already shut down.

Twistty

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
20.4 GB
Uploaded
7.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Small company - and only their USA servers are affected!
Scary - but could have been worse?

NO digital company can be trusted not to sell out whatever and whoever will be necessary, to save their own asses - just saying - always be careful!

SanMir

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
97.4 GB
Uploaded
6.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
133 (144)
Member for 5 years
If teamos can block or detect vpn?! If US can't do that teamos is better than US anti cyber crime enforcer. hahaha

kamill1

Downloaded
33.7 GB
Uploaded
52.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
where is the problem?
there will be more than enough vpn services
on top, use socks5 and you have a clean ip... >.>

dadankjr

Downloaded
12.1 GB
Uploaded
6.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
is there any advantages using socks5 than other protocol like UDP, TCP, Wireguard?

i don't know why nordvpn no longer support socks5 server. i actually love it to use this server in Netguard.

Rave994

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.9 TB
Uploaded
24.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
I use a VPN on my pfSense box so all devices can use the VPN without the hassle to install an app.
I still find it funny how they are targeting the VPN companies if the VPN companies themselves have no user data on their servers.
VPN Unlimited I tried them a few years back, but they are not good, but some friendly advice for VPNs is dont use ExpressVPN, PIA, or CyberGhost because they are all hosted by Kape which is a bad company, Use something good like Mullvad, IVPN, OVPN, and possibly NordVPN.
Hopefully this will be helpful to anyone that sees this.

GoldenEagle54

Downloaded
13.9 GB
Uploaded
16.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Can usage of Tor be detected by ISP?

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
Can usage of Tor be detected by ISP?
Ideally yes. Onion or Orange, anything and everything is peelable. Depends on the methods invoked and the necessity for it.

wwa12

Downloaded
43.8 GB
Uploaded
146.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
interesting !
lets see how it goes

*TheBeast*

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
947.2 MB
Uploaded
149.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
is there any advantages using socks5 than other protocol like UDP, TCP, Wireguard?

i don't know why nordvpn no longer support socks5 server. i actually love it to use this server in Netguard.

Most people use a VPN and Also! use socks5 inside their Torrent Client which Basically Adds a 2nd! Layer of Security/Anonymity to your torrents. However it is Not Good to "only" use Socks5 all by itself for torrents because Only using Socks5 inside software Relies 100% on that software to Not Leak your Real IP, Also using a Socks5 Inside torrent Client Doesn't Usually Hide your ISP DNS! Also Socks5 usually does Not Encrypt Data. The Reason Why Alot of VPN's Are removing Socks5 is because They are Not Very Secure and When only using a Socks5 you have to Also Go into your Internet Adapter and Configure 3rd Party DNS and again your Solely Relying on Whatever software your using to Not Randomly Accidentally Leak "most torrent clients randomly leak IP and DNS IP when using socks5 by itself" with all those Negative Variables and Extra things you have to do most people Do Not setup Socks5 Properly so their IP leaks or DNS Leaks Therefore it is not very Reliable.

I use a VPN and Also Use Socks5 inside Torrent Client to Give Torrents a Boost in Security But i would Never! Only use Socks5 all by itself Because it can be Unreliable. The Reason Nord Removed Socks5 would likely be because Most Customers do Not set it up Properly and they get Copyright Infringement Notices then they Complain to Nord but in Reality it's Not Nord's Fault it's the Users Fault For Not Setting it up Properly.

I Still Think using a VPN is 100% Essential!!!! Obviously using a Good One is required One that Keeps No Logs!! But i can say with 100% certainty They are still Essential. A friend of mine was Not using a VPN and Received 7!! Copyright Notices From His ISP in 1 single day! Some people like to argue that those Notices mean nothing just Ignore them and those people are Wrong! Because his ISP said if he gets 1 more they will Permanently Cut his Internet off Forever! In my area there are only 2 Decent Internet Providers so you don't really wana Risk Getting Banned from one of them For Life Because that would Not be Very Intelligent. If he Had Been using a Good VPN he would have received 0!!! Notices so is a VPN Still a good idea? Yes.

naapsel

Downloaded
10.8 GB
Uploaded
5.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
atlast here torrenting pirating what so ever is still legal , i dont need vpn

DGrigorescu

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
310.8 GB
Uploaded
1.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
pirating what so ever is still legal
I don't think piracy is legal. Just they don't act so much against this - is my case too. At least untill now.

GoldenEagle54

Downloaded
13.9 GB
Uploaded
16.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Ideally yes. Onion or Orange, anything and everything is peelable. Depends on the methods invoked and the necessity for it.
Damn. So Privacy is a myth. A shame :|

Tonee Lim

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2 TB
Uploaded
21.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
I did a little bit of light reading and it seems that VPN services belonging to the 14 eyes regions are more likely to be pressured to bend the knee...but 00Proteus00 did sound the alarm by sharing this news...VPNs are no longer what it used to be...I wonder if seedbox+vpn should be the privacy wave of the future in terms of torrent or peer-to-peer shares...or is there a better IP obfuscation method around in implementation or development???...tnx for the article 00Proteus00 :h::h::h:

Zanderzen

Downloaded
502.2 MB
Uploaded
40.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Never even heard of socks5 'til now.

Tonee Lim

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2 TB
Uploaded
21.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Damn. So Privacy is a myth. A shame :|
in essence yes...because of the blurring via "co-permissions"...try reading an install apps disclaimer or a website's cookie disclaimer and you would realize that the "yes" you give permission to also is a yes for many other things you probably did not know at that moment...and if you actually read those legal and binding agreement you would realize you just signed off that so called privacy to that company/developer and its buddies...kinda scary (like u allow them to read e-mail, docs and contacts; turn on-off mic and cam...etc.)and leaves you feeling dirty at end :(

Tonee Lim

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2 TB
Uploaded
21.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
It's not just VPN...also the so called crypto currency craze...the day the news said stolen crypto can be "returned" to its owners let me know what is really the deal...the DarkNet have gone mainstream and the so-called crypto is nothing more than electronic money "DarkNet" encrypted...crypto currency in the fore was used to secure your IRL ID...seems it just became a better targeting tool to ID possible high interest individuals and w/o a VPN obscuring these then i guess a new sheriff just got in town :D

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
Socks5 does nothing, just like TOR. Understand something, privacy and data are like breathing. Everyone wants to choke the other out of wind. Now even a micro milllllli second of connection can throw out billions worth of data. Not saying everything is not safe, but world and vpn or socks and boots do not make you safe. They wear and tear and by the time you switch to a new pair, you would have exposed something or the other of your skin there. I hope, this simple explanation does some good.

PsyTom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
502.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
thank you for all of your thoughts and insights.

dadankjr

Downloaded
12.1 GB
Uploaded
6.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Most people use a VPN and Also! use socks5 inside their Torrent Client which Basically Adds a 2nd! Layer of Security/Anonymity to your torrents. However it is Not Good to "only" use Socks5 all by itself for torrents because Only using Socks5 inside software Relies 100% on that software to Not Leak your Real IP, Also using a Socks5 Inside torrent Client Doesn't Usually Hide your ISP DNS! Also Socks5 usually does Not Encrypt Data. The Reason Why Alot of VPN's Are removing Socks5 is because They are Not Very Secure and When only using a Socks5 you have to Also Go into your Internet Adapter and Configure 3rd Party DNS and again your Solely Relying on Whatever software your using to Not Randomly Accidentally Leak "most torrent clients randomly leak IP and DNS IP when using socks5 by itself" with all those Negative Variables and Extra things you have to do most people Do Not setup Socks5 Properly so their IP leaks or DNS Leaks Therefore it is not very Reliable.

I use a VPN and Also Use Socks5 inside Torrent Client to Give Torrents a Boost in Security But i would Never! Only use Socks5 all by itself Because it can be Unreliable. The Reason Nord Removed Socks5 would likely be because Most Customers do Not set it up Properly and they get Copyright Infringement Notices then they Complain to Nord but in Reality it's Not Nord's Fault it's the Users Fault For Not Setting it up Properly.

I Still Think using a VPN is 100% Essential!!!! Obviously using a Good One is required One that Keeps No Logs!! But i can say with 100% certainty They are still Essential. A friend of mine was Not using a VPN and Received 7!! Copyright Notices From His ISP in 1 single day! Some people like to argue that those Notices mean nothing just Ignore them and those people are Wrong! Because his ISP said if he gets 1 more they will Permanently Cut his Internet off Forever! In my area there are only 2 Decent Internet Providers so you don't really wana Risk Getting Banned from one of them For Life Because that would Not be Very Intelligent. If he Had Been using a Good VPN he would have received 0!!! Notices so is a VPN Still a good idea? Yes.
thanks for the insight, enlightened my mind.