Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Can i upgrade new laptop without losing warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KopCity

Downloaded
218.4 MB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Hello guys, purchased this laptop for Nephew, it's brand new with 2 warranty, but just wondering if i can download one of the custom OS without voiding the warranty? Thanks

ASUS VivoBook K513EA 15.6 Inch OLED Laptop with Intel Core i3, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
Features

- Intel® Core™ i3-1115G4 Processor
- Intel® UHD Graphics
- 15.6" Full HD OLED Display
- Windows 10 Home
- Audio by ICEpower,Built-in Speakers,Harman Kardon
- 1.8 kg

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
Warranty only covers the hardware part and only defects and not damage caused by the user, and has little to nothing to do with software. You can use any OS, including Linux and versions of windows from here, and any software you like. The only thing you can not get is support for windows itself as I hope you understand, MS doesn't support... the modified versions we have here, but then again, I doubt you would ever get any support directly from MS. The Internet is a great tool :)

QzysKz.jpg

Hope it helped.

choli

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2.4 GB
Uploaded
542.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Is it using preinstalled OS?

KopCity

Downloaded
218.4 MB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Warranty only covers the hardware part and only defects and not damage caused by the user, and has little to nothing to do with software. You can use any OS, including Linux and versions of windows from here, and any software you like. The only thing you can not get is support for windows itself as I hope you understand, MS doesn't support... the modified versions we have here, but then again, I doubt you would ever get any support directly from MS. The Internet is a great tool :)

QzysKz.jpg

Hope it helped.
Thanks ??.. I will definitely install him a modified version from here. Thanks again.

KopCity

Downloaded
218.4 MB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Is it using preinstalled OS?
Well it's a new laptop so i assume so..

choli

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2.4 GB
Uploaded
542.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
If that OS is windows, i suggest do not use OS from here.
Use the original one.
And wait until your warranty is expired.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
If that OS is windows, i suggest do not use OS from here.
Use the original one.
And wait until your warranty is expired.
Can you explain why? The warranty is about the hardware and not the OS as far as I know but I would like to hear your opinion. Please keep in mind that we are talking if changing OS will void the warranty and nothing else.

herocws

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
301.3 GB
Uploaded
2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Right Asus didn't give waranty on OS and data on the HDD drive on the laptop only the hardware is they give waranty

choli

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2.4 GB
Uploaded
542.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Can you explain why? The warranty is about the hardware and not the OS as far as I know but I would like to hear your opinion.
Some brand in some country have policy that warranty can be voided by using pirate software.
So use it on your own discretion.

Just to be safe, read thoroughly their rules of warranty.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
Some brand in some country have policy that warranty can be voided by using pirate software.
So use it on your own discretion.

Just to be safe, read thoroughly their rules of warranty.
Fair enough and thank you for answering I guess tho that is the exception and not the rule. To my knowledge, the company guarantees that the hardware that was shipped is without defects and doesn't include software as it has its own support and no warranty whatsoever. If you check, most software including OS clearly states that they are not responsible for data loss, etc, and offer no warranty for damages which would make it odd for a hardware company such as ASUS to do so on the OS level.

Anyway, I guess it's safe to say that changing OS doesn't affect the warranty in general, and better check the warranty itself to be 100% sure.

I think there is nothing else to be said here so the thread will close.

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
This thread was tagged "Solved" +30 days ago, I'm pumping it for an Admin to move it to the right place.

Jimmy Collaros

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.8 TB
Uploaded
1,441.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
870 (869)
Member for 8 years
This thread was tagged "Solved" +30 days ago, I'm pumping it for an Admin to move it to the right place.
Why don't you move it? The last post is since Jun 12 2022 and no answer from KopCity.
I will move it.

Status
Not open for further replies.