Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Processing Clone installed programs, software, to a pendrive without reinstallation.

Houdini

Downloaded
1.4 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Hi all, I have some programs installed in my Windows 7 X 64 bit and a program and software which i have installed from other user. I want to know a method or a way so that i can store that program in my pendrive or other secondary storage device, so that i won't need to reinstall it again. I am not asking for backup or recovery of all programs or making them portable in pendrive.
I want to store that software as a whole in my pendrive so that I can access it from anywhere and i can use it in other computers without reinstalling it.

Taurus

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
17.3 GB
Uploaded
401.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Not possible.

Many programs use the registry and other folders to store data. When a program starts, usually it first accesses the temp folders and registry to get user settings.

Make it portable and then it can be used anywhere.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
I agree with @Taurus above, tho a lot depends on what kind of software. With some it can happen with others you might need to tweak a bit, and for others, it simply can't happen.
To be honest, its always better to fresh install because:
A. When you migrate an app from one system to another, you also migrate the possible problems it has.
B. Some apps during installation, check your hardware and set how they work. If you migrate those to a new PC, they may not see the hardware changes, and so you risk making apps not taking advantage of your new hardware.
C. In the end the time you think you will save, will be spent in trying to check and fix possible issues, and then some.
D. Some software has dependencies (other software that your software needs in order to work). Think for example Adobe Acrobat. Along with the software, it installs a printer driver, and since you won't migrate that, it simply wont work.

For that and many other reasons, you better install fresh but if you have time to experiment try Easeus PC Trans. https://www.teamos.xyz/threads/ease...-technician-13-11-multilingual-teamos.207021/

Hope it helped.

Houdini

Downloaded
1.4 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
I agree with @Taurus above, tho a lot depends on what kind of software. With some it can happen with others you might need to tweak a bit, and for others, it simply can't happen.
To be honest, its always better to fresh install because:
A. When you migrate an app from one system to another, you also migrate the possible problems it has.
B. Some apps during installation, check your hardware and set how they work. If you migrate those to a new PC, they may not see the hardware changes, and so you risk making apps not taking advantage of your new hardware.
C. In the end the time you think you will save, will be spent in trying to check and fix possible issues, and then some.
D. Some software has dependencies (other software that your software needs in order to work). Think for example Adobe Acrobat. Along with the software, it installs a printer driver, and since you won't migrate that, it simply wont work.

For that and many other reasons, you better install fresh but if you have time to experiment try Easeus PC Trans. https://www.teamos.xyz/threads/ease...-technician-13-11-multilingual-teamos.207021/

Hope it helped.
This Easeus PC Trans is for transferring the software to the other PC or Laptop i think, but I don't have the second PC. Is there any other way to store the installed program/sw to the Cloud so that i will not require to reinstall it again, thanks in advance.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
This Easeus PC Trans is for transferring the software to the other PC or Laptop i think, but I don't have the second PC. Is there any other way to store the installed program/sw to the Cloud so that i will not require to reinstall it again, thanks in advance.
From what it says, it supports transfer via a USB device or second disk.

Houdini

Downloaded
1.4 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
From what it says, it supports transfer via a USB device or second disk.
I am downloading the aforementioned software and will let you know after installing and using it.
AP1GczMyZomPxF35cibRCbYk5-kawepjnQVhqQ_sCZnA8IL8NlmIdrGrSnI5TssKwG1jFm1nmHlfKZPqzKqNI-bm8w-_V5bRTUoBiWd8TjQ4cOhbHng3E1Q=w2400

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
You could use portable apps. You have to update them manually but they never cause trouble with windows and you can keep them at hand. I've got fed up and bored with reinstalling software so I just use portable apps.

Houdini

Downloaded
1.4 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Is is not possible unless making it some portable app which can be carried anywhere in a pen drive or freely transferable on any media across computers, and i think for making it portable i need to reinstall it again in my pendrive.
And as I have mentioned that the programs are installed and cracked, I either have those Medicines files copied somewhere, in the installation path, in the setup zip or I might need to ask that other installer person or download myself from the net. How I can also export registry keys pertaining to that programs ?

Panther

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
135.5 GB
Uploaded
4.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Here is my thinking ....
1. Create image of live windows install with dism
2. Create windows to go installation from that image
3. Will this not work?

Taurus

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
17.3 GB
Uploaded
401.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
In 2010 or so, there was some software that cud make any program into a portable, don't remember the name. I'm sure many here have used it.
Run the software.......then minimize it while installing the target program.

After the target was installed, the software wud make a small folder full of files that cud be run from anywhere. I made some 20 odd programs into portables thinking I was safe.

Of the 20 programs, only 4 worked as good as new. On the others there were all sorts of problems, but the main one was a big shock to find out that my work done from the portable wasn't saved correctly.

A lot of software has expiry dates hardcoded into it, meaning that after a certain date the program just refuses to run even for a paid user. No error message....no nothing.

A paid user can contact the company and they will send the new version with a newer expiry date, but the "free user" will never figure out what happened.

Backup the entire OS with software is the best solution.

MIAN MUZAMMAL

Downloaded
108.4 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
use repacks that support portable version

Here is my thinking ....
1. Create image of live windows install with dism
2. Create windows to go installation from that image
3. Will this not work?
yeah this will work but we need to restore the wim (that is difficult) so use aomei backupper easy to use

Houdini

Downloaded
1.4 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
I have done the backup of my computer using aomie backupper & hope it works when the computer might crashes.
@Panther what is process of creating image of live windows install with diam?
And what is the concept of virtual workstations to use them anywhere but using slow disks,since I don't have a SSD.

Panther

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
135.5 GB
Uploaded
4.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Well look on youtube for something like

Create Custom Windows 10 Image With Applications Pre-installed​

I'm too lazy type up everything for someone who is too lazy to google and learn.