Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Couldn't Start Windows 10 Setup (slim/ultra Slim)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloaded
32.7 GB
Uploaded
150.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
I just downloaded Slim and Ultra Slim Version of Windows 10. After creating a bootable USB, I found 6 files as follow-

1. boot - Folder
2. efi - Folder
3. sources - Folder
4. autorun - Icon
5. bootmgr - File
6. bootmgr.efi - EFI File

There is no "setup" file here. So, I couldn't start the installation. There is a "setup" file inside "sources" folder, but it gives the following error -
"Windows could not load required file WinSetup.dll. The file may be corrupt. To install Windows, restart the installation. Error code: 0x7E"

Note: I have a problem with my boot manager. External USB disabled, arrow key doesn't work, so i can not change the settings, DVD Drive doesn't work, altogether I am in a loop of problem. So, I have always been installing windows by clicking the "setup" file from Bootable USB. That's the only option for me for now.

What can I do now? Please help me. At least with some information.

TheHarperdragon

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
918.1 GB
Uploaded
157.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
I would find a different version of Windows that has what you needs ... sounds more like you need a new system

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
@tomeCar.. Help this Dude.. I found same thing.

PasMater

⚡OS Master
Uploader
Windows Modifier
Retired Veterans
Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
871.7 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
29 (70)
Member for 10 years
its very simple...
u need USB to install that build...
so...u cant use it..

but u cant try ---->>

lokeshrahul

Downloaded
130.6 MB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
this is my thrice reply on this thread ... i was trying to post links of some screenshot. now i go just without links. if you guys are talking about windows 10 rs4 x86 (slim build) i install it few days ago on my virtual machine without facing any problem.

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
this is my thrice reply on this thread ... i was trying to post links of some screenshot. now i go just without links. if you guys are talking about windows 10 rs4 x86 (slim build) i install it few days ago on my virtual machine without facing any problem.
Yeah ok and in the future use Lookimg to upload images and paste bbcode for viewing.. Its in the RULES

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11421 (11421)
Member for 8 years
This guy having his own issues. Just because it worked for YOU, doesn't help him any. You have anything that will assist him then please share it. Your pics of your install mean nothing.

Saint Mike

Downloaded
245 GB
Uploaded
1.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
I just downloaded Slim and Ultra Slim Version of Windows 10. After creating a bootable USB, I found 6 files as follow-

1. boot - Folder
2. efi - Folder
3. sources - Folder
4. autorun - Icon
5. bootmgr - File
6. bootmgr.efi - EFI File

There is no "setup" file here. So, I couldn't start the installation. There is a "setup" file inside "sources" folder, but it gives the following error -
"Windows could not load required file WinSetup.dll. The file may be corrupt. To install Windows, restart the installation. Error code: 0x7E"

Note: I have a problem with my boot manager. External USB disabled, arrow key doesn't work, so i can not change the settings, DVD Drive doesn't work, altogether I am in a loop of problem. So, I have always been installing windows by clicking the "setup" file from Bootable USB. That's the only option for me for now.

What can I do now? Please help me. At least with some information.
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Not sure how much help I can be of, just a few questions to start off. You stated you created a bootable USB. Did you use the same computer? Are your USB ports working? Can you get/borrow a USB keyboard and plug it in to get your arrow keys working? If at least 1 of your USB ports are working you can use the USB keyboard to make your config. changes and then use a USB CD/DVD drive in that same port to install. Well the reasons for me saying all this is, I am not too sure what you mean exactly by (External USB disabled) I can understand the English, but are you saying all your USB ports are disabled on the computer/motherboard, or is it something else.

Downloaded
32.7 GB
Uploaded
150.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Not sure how much help I can be of, just a few questions to start off. You stated you created a bootable USB. Did you use the same computer? Are your USB ports working? Can you get/borrow a USB keyboard and plug it in to get your arrow keys working? If at least 1 of your USB ports are working you can use the USB keyboard to make your config. changes and then use a USB CD/DVD drive in that same port to install. Well the reasons for me saying all this is, I am not too sure what you mean exactly by (External USB disabled) I can understand the English, but are you saying all your USB ports are disabled on the computer/motherboard, or is it something else.

Many many thanks for your reply. I got your points. The missing information here is- it's a "laptop" (samsung). :cry: . Otherwise the story might have been different here. All my USBs are working fine. I have extra keyboard, mouse and USB CD/DVD drive. All are working fine, except for black screen/boot menu. I tried in different combination earlier. But nothing worked for me. :whew: . The only thing that works in the black screen/boot menu is- the built-in keyboard of my laptop.

Yah, I know, there is a simple solution- spend few bucks and change the keyboard :giggle:. And yah, I was about to do that when it all started few months earlier. Everything was fine then, external USB were enabled in the boot menu, keyboard and pen-drive were detectable. I used to install windows from the boot menu with clean formation of C drive every after few months :). Suddenly, only 2 of my keys stopped working, the left and right arrow. And, at the same time, co-incidentally I pressed the F9 (default) button in the boot menu and i lost control of my USB keyboard and pen-drive. I was sure to change the keyboard the next day. But the night that happened, I was in a bit emergency and I managed to finish my windows setup by clicking the "setup" file from the bootable pen-drive. It looked pretty much same as clean install(after deleting windows.old file). So, I was satisfied and didn't feel the urgency to change the keyboard any more. Since then I am always using the same method and haven't been in any problem till now.

Now, the missing "setup" file cause me re-face the problem. All I am asking in this post are- is there any way to start the installation by bringing back the missing "setup" file or fixing something according to the "error message" or something? Does all customized windows have the same file missing or this a special case for this version?

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
Many many thanks for your reply. I got your points. The missing information here is- it's a "laptop" (samsung). :cry: . Otherwise the story might have been different here. All my USBs are working fine. I have extra keyboard, mouse and USB CD/DVD drive. All are working fine, except for black screen/boot menu. I tried in different combination earlier. But nothing worked for me. :whew: . The only thing that works in the black screen/boot menu is- the built-in keyboard of my laptop.

Yah, I know, there is a simple solution- spend few bucks and change the keyboard :giggle:. And yah, I was about to do that when it all started few months earlier. Everything was fine then, external USB were enabled in the boot menu, keyboard and pen-drive were detectable. I used to install windows from the boot menu with clean formation of C drive every after few months :). Suddenly, only 2 of my keys stopped working, the left and right arrow. And, at the same time, co-incidentally I pressed the F9 (default) button in the boot menu and i lost control of my USB keyboard and pen-drive. I was sure to change the keyboard the next day. But the night that happened, I was in a bit emergency and I managed to finish my windows setup by clicking the "setup" file from the bootable pen-drive. It looked pretty much same as clean install(after deleting windows.old file). So, I was satisfied and didn't feel the urgency to change the keyboard any more. Since then I am always using the same method and haven't been in any problem till now.

Now, the missing "setup" file cause me re-face the problem. All I am asking in this post are- is there any way to start the installation by bringing back the missing "setup" file or fixing something according to the "error message" or something? Does all customized windows have the same file missing or this a special case for this version?
NO NO and not all customized OS are the same.. Depends On builder... My strong suggestion if find a nice untouched rtm and use it until you get more experience around Modded OS's
I see no reason for this problem to go on..

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
232.6 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
I see no reason for this problem to go on..
closing this thread :)

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
closing this thread :)
Thank you and next time anyone see a Thread created like this Direct them to post issues on the Thread with problem/issues and then
Mark their Thread here Complete and LOcked... PLease

Status
Not open for further replies.