Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tutorials Disable/Pause/Delay Windows Update (W7+)

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
Disable/Pause/Delay Windows Update (W7+)

A simple guide to disable or pause or even delay the Windows Update, and it is applicable from W7 and above. For some weird reason, any XP and below do not get paused properly with this anymore (some redditt users and even some other forum users have mentioned it over and over again of not working below).

I was trying to figure out this for some time and would always see some app and or some third party tool to use to get it sorted and it would at times break a lot of things. Hence, I started going through the policies myself and found this out:

Open "gpedit.msc" and navigate to:
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > (Scroll way down to.. )Windows Update > Manage updates offered from Windows Update
The components here will display based on your current channel. Example Preview Builds will only show if you have Dev channel subscribed to. Hence, you can use similar approach to what I am following for your builds.
  • To edit/amend/disable, double click (right-click > edit) and modify as follows:
  • For Disabling, select "Disable" radio button.
  • For deferring/pausing, select "Enable", then under select Pause ** builds or updates starting.. GIVE A DATE THERE in the format of yyyy-mm-dd (example 2099-12-31). This date is meant to be the start date from when you want the updates to be paused. However, what this date/field does in reality is:
Pause Updates | To prevent Feature Updates from being offered to the device, you can temporarily pause Feature Updates. This pause will remain in effect for 35 days from the specified start date or until the field is cleared. Note, Quality Updates will still be offered even if Feature Updates are paused.
Hence, unless the field is left blank, the feature updates will remain paused. The same logic applies to the Quality Updates section below it. Apply the same method and the Quality updates will also get disabled/paused/deferred as you wish.

This method works on any version of the windows, whether modified or not. However, the only exception is, if the modder has removed the policy itself, and removed the updates section altogether (hidden away), then it is ideally of no use.

Q2NL5t.png

Q2N6B8.png
]​

oxygenio

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
82.8 GB
Uploaded
1.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count