Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Download & "Hit and Run": Can someone explain, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZaqKM

Downloaded
338.4 GB
Uploaded
1.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Hi,
Following a thread I posted a few months back, and wondering how much this could impact the way you "calculate" the "Hit and Run" penalties, I have a simple question.
Why does it seem the download volume count so often wrong?

Thank you

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11530 (11530)
Member for 8 years
Looks to me like you torrents downloaded twice.

ZaqKM

Downloaded
338.4 GB
Uploaded
1.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
@TheMacGyver, @Mr Spacely : Your first reaction is understandable :) And to be honest, checking what I did wrong was my mine. I clearly thought I downloaded the torrent twice....
But I have been here quite a while now, and I always proceed the same way, with the exact same tools: sometimes it gives me 1 download, sometimes 2!

So my question still stands, and I am hoping from reactions - or the lack of, of course - to see/understand if there is anything else.

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
366 (418)
Member for 9 years
Are you using one computer for your torrents?

ZaqKM

Downloaded
338.4 GB
Uploaded
1.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Are you using one computer for your torrents?
Easy answer ;) : Yes!
One click on the torrent link in a post, only downloaded with the last qBittorent version (4.4.3.1 today) on Windows 10!

Thanks for trying!

Feiyan

Downloaded
82.2 GB
Uploaded
103.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
A couple of my torrents have numbers like that too - though admittedly mine was because I downloaded them twice, either by mistake (unzipped, forgot I trashed the zip and loaded the torrent for seeding again - only realized much later) or intentionally because I did throw away the file. I have a couple the other way too (0 bytes dl but have upload mb).

What does your qBittorrent show re the share ratio for these files?

Last edited:

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
366 (418)
Member for 9 years
In case you remove the downloaded program or iso, from the downloaded folder and you haven't delete the torrent link, your torrent client it might re-download it (depending your settings)

ZaqKM

Downloaded
338.4 GB
Uploaded
1.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
A couple of my torrents have numbers like that too - though admittedly mine was because I downloaded them twice, either by mistake (unzipped, forgot I trashed the zip and loaded the torrent for seeding again - only realized much later) or intentionally because I did throw away the file. I have a couple the other way too (0 bytes dl but have upload mb).

What does your qBittorrent show re the share ratio for these files?
Honestly that what I thought also the very first time.. or maybe times! But since (years now) I have been VERY careful. I am more than OK to share/seed but not forever.
qBittorent gives me what I believe are accurate numbers and ratio... And I usually use that ratio (set to 1.0) to know when I can leave ;)

ZaqKM

Downloaded
338.4 GB
Uploaded
1.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
In case you remove the downloaded program or iso, from the downloaded folder and you haven't delete the torrent link, your torrent client it might re-download it (depending your settings)
I could totally understand that, and while it may have happened once... It's not the case anymore.

Feiyan

Downloaded
82.2 GB
Uploaded
103.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Honestly that what I thought also the very first time.. or maybe times! But since (years now) I have been VERY careful. I am more than OK to share/seed but not forever.
qBittorent gives me what I believe are accurate numbers and ratio... And I usually use that ratio (set to 1.0) to know when I can leave ;)
No of course, I understand. I just don't know if it is feasible logistics-wise to be looking into this. If the torrent stats show a double dl and you don't have other info available to show your real upload stats/share ratio, there's no starting point for the team to check from?

Feiyan

Downloaded
82.2 GB
Uploaded
103.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
As someone who double dled unknowingly, I only realized it when I checked the stats and took me a while to figure out/recall what I did with the file. If you are sure this is some kind of system error that landed on you, then it will surely happen at some point again - maybe monitor this on your end and bring it up when it does with screenshots so they know where to start looking from.

Frankly, on closer look at your screenshot, I'm inclined to think you might have just forgotten because all your numbers are x2 (if it was partial, then more likely some kind of error). Plus if you think the system have inflated your dl numbers, then actually your upload numbers are inflated too - they should max all be at 1:1 because that's your qbittorrent setting.

PsyTom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
502.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
most of your torrents are double downloaded or more then double, either your account is compromised or may be after a fresh install you messed with the folder name by mistake and added the files which started downloading everything again.

ZaqKM

Downloaded
338.4 GB
Uploaded
1.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
My current and only download today
Visible here:
And "home":
Ratio "home" is already 1.1 already while TeamOS says 2.6/4.4 ~= 0.6

Feiyan

Downloaded
82.2 GB
Uploaded
103.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Yes, that's what I mean - I'm not sure where they can start looking from to find the source of the problem. Put it this way, if I d/led my torrent and loaded it to start, I would have the exact same problem to show - that I started downloading only today but the torrent stats show a d/l double the size.

If this is logging error on their end because you're sure there is no error on qbitt's end, all of the other uncircled torrents in your screenshot that have >1:1 upload numbers are all errors too - because you have set it to stop uploading after you hit 1:1. Basically you're concerned about 3 of the torrents wrongly logging more d/l than you did but then that would similarly mean they gave you more upload credit than you actually uploaded for 8 out of the 11 torrents because you only upload 1:1.

Last edited:

PsyTom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
502.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
My current and only download today
Visible here:
And "home":
Ratio "home" is already 1.1 already while TeamOS says 2.6/4.4 ~= 0.6
i have a doubt, the screen shot provided of qbittorrent shows difference of 4 minutes between added on and completed on, while the forum status shows 8.95 h (below the hour glass)???

PsyTom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
502.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Yes, that's what I mean - I'm not sure where they can start looking from to find the source of the problem. Put it this way, if I d/led my torrent and loaded it to start, I would have the exact same problem to show - that I started downloading only today but the torrent stats show a d/l double the size.

If this is logging error on their end because you're sure there is no error on qbitt's end, all of the other uncircled torrents in your screenshot that have >1:1 upload numbers are all errors too - because you have set it to stop uploading after you hit 1:1.
his download and upload limit shows infinite and shared ratio 1.11????

ZaqKM

Downloaded
338.4 GB
Uploaded
1.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
i have a doubt, the screen shot provided of qbittorrent shows difference of 4 minutes between added on and completed on, while the forum status shows 8.95 h (below the hour glass)???
It took me about 4 minutes to download and I have been seeding since then (~=9h)

ZaqKM

Downloaded
338.4 GB
Uploaded
1.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
his download and upload limit shows infinite and shared ratio 1.11????
There is no upload limit in volume, only in days (3) that you can't see in the screenshot and a ratio of 2.00 maximum.

PsyTom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
502.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
It took me about 4 minutes to download and I have been seeding since then (~=9h)
i thought of that but the number of seeds and peers are almost same on qbit and forum so... anyways ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.