Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Hackintosh

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
For your interest: a gui method of creating a Hackintosh. This is just a brief summary. I used the vmware image and instructions available here to create a vm Catalina. I also downloaded an iso of Catalina. I set the Catalina vm to boot to firmware and booted to the Catalina iso and when Catalina iso booted, I used the disk utility to restore the system onto an external usb drive. The drive in the external usb was prepared to guid and apfs format. I shut down the Catalina vm and returned to Windows and gave the efi partition of the usb drive a letter via aomei partition manager and swapped the efi for one I had downloaded from github that was appropriate to my pc. Remove letter from drive and shut down pc. Put in drive and boot, success. Used multibeast for missing kexts. I know there are many ways to do it but I am lazy and a bit stupid so I wanted a graphical way. Also, it means I can pre prepare an image and keep it as a backup. Thank you all.

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Method works for Monterey too, tested on Optiplex and Elitebook. Once the default Apple apps are removed (not hard to do, who ever used Stocks?) then Monterey is a nice OS.

Last edited:

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Here is a crazy idea:

Would you like to make this thread into a proper step-by-step guide with some images and include more details so people that haven't done a Hackintosh project can also follow and experiment too? I'm sure a lot of people would love to spare a partition to have a non-VM Mac OS on their PC. I know I enjoy my Hackintosh version of the PC and I also set one for my parents as they use the internet mostly and that way I can keep things simple for them.

You can make a zip file with all software needed if you like, and that will complete the guide as a one-stop thread with both software and the steps needed.

Just food for thought.

Last edited:

oldman20

Downloaded
46 GB
Uploaded
325.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Method works for Monterey too, tested on Optiplex and Elitebook. No need for Clover or Opencore etc. Once the default Apple apps are removed (not hard to do, who ever used Stocks?) then Monterey is a nice OS.
As u said 1st post:
“swapped the efi for one I had downloaded from github that was appropriate to my pc”
That is opencore bootloader as I suggest, and hackintosh alway need a bootloader like Clover or OpenCore
u are lucky when matched efi github with your machine.

sfas393

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
64.5 GB
Uploaded
49.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
why dont you run a macos in vmware,,?

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
As u said 1st post:
“swapped the efi for one I had downloaded from github that was appropriate to my pc”
That is opencore bootloader as I suggest, and hackintosh alway need a bootloader like Clover or OpenCore
u are lucky when matched efi github with your machine.
You are right, the efi will contain opencore or clover. Thanks.

why dont you run a macos in vmware,,?
Just trying it for the fun of it. Would use an esx or proxmox server if I was going virtual. It's just an experiment. Some people would need full access to the hardware for adding hardware. Thanks.

Here is a crazy idea:

Would you like to make this thread into a proper step-by-step guide with some images and include more details so people that haven't done a Hackintosh project can also follow and experiment too? I'm sure a lot of people would love to spare a partition to have a non-VM Mac OS on their PC. I know I enjoy my Hackintosh version of the PC and I also set one for my parents as they use the internet mostly and that way I can keep things simple for them.

You can make a zip file with all software needed if you like, and that will complete the guide as a one-stop thread with both software and the steps needed.

Just food for thought.
If anyone is interested I will give more details, it's just an exercise. There are many great hackintosh sites for hardcore users. My method works best with Catalina which is a bit old for most people. Thanks.

The aim of the exercise was to create a Hackintosh while being able to continue to use my daily driver PC. I didn't have to take any risk that would leave me without a working OS. Also, I like to make things virtually so that you can use snapshots to recover mistakes and when you are done, you have a place you can always go back to. I find it much less stress to install and customize an OS in my own time without disrupting my daily stuff. It's great to have a browser open for help while working on a new project. I don't have a spare laptop or pc at the moment and didn't want to risk downtime from wiping my main machines. If you have a common machine like a Dell or HP, you can find lots of efi folders that are premade. The harder part of hackintosh is the post install configuration, I'm still working on that side of it. Thank you all for your comments.

oldman20

Downloaded
46 GB
Uploaded
325.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
You are right, the efi will contain opencore or clover. Thanks.
fine, good to edit you post :))
And nothing risky if u do this, and read carefully all step hackintosh in your processing
create new separate partition or has other portable disk better, install hackintosh match your hw, and test bootloader with usb fat32 formated. I done with tripleboot in my machine.
KOTzIB1.png

0GscQOW.png

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
I will try to edit my post, thanks. Nice work on the multiboot. It's good fun to try it all out. I'm still having issues with graphics post install but learning as I go. By the way, I can remove the system /default /pre installed apps like "stocks" from Monterey but I can't from Ventura. Is there a method for that yet? Got to customize!

oldman20

Downloaded
46 GB
Uploaded
325.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
I will try to edit my post, thanks. Nice work on the multiboot. It's good fun to try it all out. I'm still having issues with graphics post install but learning as I go. By the way, I can remove the system /default /pre installed apps like "stocks" from Monterey but I can't from Ventura. Is there a method for that yet? Got to customize!
Didnt try it, but 1st thing must disable SIP first!

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Yes, have done the things that worked in Catalina and Monterey with success but those commands don't work for Ventura. It's not particularly important yet I do love getting those custom touches in an OS thanks.

RedDove

⭐ VIP
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
118.2 GB
Uploaded
41.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
I am really curious about how this is done.
Was a tutorial ever made?
I found one, I can post it, if allowed.

Last edited:

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Hello. I'm not great at explaining as I'm just exploring myself and could not understand how to get Monterey onto a disk in an easy gui based manner. For Hackintosh to work you need a pc that is suitable for conversion, and an operating system drive. That drive will have an efi partition and you can download pre made efi folders for your model pc, You can make your own efi folder but I couldn’t follow the guides. I installed the vmware Monterey available here. In the disk utility of Vmware Moterey you have the ability to restore a disk so I connected a hard drive via usb and used the disk utility to restore the Vmware Monterey OS to the real disk. I put the newly restored disk into the pc and booted to Strelec and copied the pre download efi folder to the efi partition then rebooted and it worked fine. You will find detailed steps how to restore a disk in Monterey online. Sorry if it's a bit vague, I'm not that clever.

RedDove

⭐ VIP
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
118.2 GB
Uploaded
41.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
@pleiadians, don't put yourself down, you are clever
not all of us would know how to do what you did. :)

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Thank you and it is kind of you to say. I just wanted to share the graphical method of getting a Monterey install onto a disk as all the serious Hackintosh sites were beyond me and I am comfortable in Vmware. If you have half decent hardware then Proxmox is free and has pci passthrough and is the easiest way to go for Hackintosh or Linux or Android all in one box with the advantage that if one fails, the others are still ok. You don't have to worry about bootloaders or partitions stepping on each other. Hypervisors have got real efficient and easy to run. Thanks again for your kind words and contributions to this good place.

Jimmy Collaros

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.8 TB
Uploaded
1,365.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
870 (869)
Member for 8 years
Thank you and it is kind of you to say. I just wanted to share the graphical method of getting a Monterey install onto a disk as all the serious Hackintosh sites were beyond me and I am comfortable in Vmware. If you have half decent hardware then Proxmox is free and has pci passthrough and is the easiest way to go for Hackintosh or Linux or Android all in one box with the advantage that if one fails, the others are still ok. You don't have to worry about bootloaders or partitions stepping on each other. Hypervisors have got real efficient and easy to run. Thanks again for your kind words and contributions to this good place.
You are great and i like your description.

Last edited: