Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Hardware Experts

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoshiki

Downloaded
111.9 GB
Uploaded
170.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Good Day All!

I have recently swapped my A6 7400K to A10 Pro 7800B in my HIFI A703UP Biostar motherboard
however after installing the A10, my ram was cut in half which is 2 4gb ram sticks total of 8gb.
on the bios memory insight it reads both ram but displaying only 4gb also in windows.

i did all the troubleshooting and possible solution but none of it worked
then i tried putting back the a6 7400k back and it shows 8gb ram both in bios and windows.

what could be the problem please help

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
Got ram in wrong maybe

choli

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2.4 GB
Uploaded
542.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Update your BIOS.
It should solved your problem.

yoshiki

Downloaded
111.9 GB
Uploaded
170.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Update your BIOS.
It should solved your problem.
i did, and its already on its latest version still the problem is there

Got ram in wrong maybe
both ram are identical,

on A6 7400K both ram are good and slots
on A10 Pro 7800B ram slots are reading both sticks but only one slot works

on A10 i tried both stick on the first slot and its no good
on the second slot both sticks are good

on a6 7400K both slots are good,and both sticks are good

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
Im sorry I forgot to ask.. Is MB 2 or 4 slots.. If 4 slots use 1 and 3 or 2 and 4..

yoshiki

Downloaded
111.9 GB
Uploaded
170.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Im sorry I forgot to ask.. Is MB 2 or 4 slots.. If 4 slots use 1 and 3 or 2 and 4..
its a 2 slot mb

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
Without having more info and since we can't see bios settings etc, my thought is that since the A10 Pro 7800B has an R7 iGPU and the A6 7400K has not, the memory is reserved for the integrated graphic card to work when you slot the A10. That is probably why you can see 8 GB in bios and not in windows. You can check that when you call the task manager and see the amount that is reserved and/or use a utility like CPUZ to be sure what ram windows actually see as well as other info.

If that is the case then you need to find the settings for the igpu in bios when you have the A10 slotted to either disabler the iGPU or at least limit its video usage to a minimum assuming you have a dedicated graphics card.

Another reason could be the Ram speed. A10 uses a lot faster ram than the A6 and maybe when you use the A10 it clocks the rams more than they should and one fails but I think that is highly unlikely. Either way set the rams at their fixed speed just to be sure in case it's not the video ram.

Hope it helped.

yoshiki

Downloaded
111.9 GB
Uploaded
170.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Without having more info and since we can't see bios settings etc, my thought is that since the A10 Pro 7800B has an R7 iGPU and the A6 7400K has not, the memory is reserved for the integrated graphic card to work when you slot the A10. That is probably why you can see 8 GB in bios and not in windows. You can check that when you call the task manager and see the amount that is reserved and/or use a utility like CPUZ to be sure what ram windows actually see as well as other info.

If that is the case then you need to find the settings for the igpu in bios when you have the A10 slotted to either disabler the iGPU or at least limit its video usage to a minimum assuming you have a dedicated graphics card.

Another reason could be the Ram speed. A10 uses a lot faster ram than the A6 and maybe when you use the A10 it clocks the rams more than they should and one fails but I think that is highly unlikely. Either way set the rams at their fixed speed just to be sure in case it's not the video ram.

Hope it helped.
QhiG9v.png

QhiM8E.png

QhiYXd.png

QhieH9.png

these are the infos i can show the other ram is a local brand which i have been using since the a6 7400k as you can see,cpuz says its running on single channel where if i use a6 7400k it show dual channel

Last edited:

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
Seems like you have two issues.
1. You will always lose up to 2 Gb Of ram due to the IGPU, you can see it reserves 2 GB of ram and at the moment of the screenshot it used 512 MB. Check bios for memory usage settings.
2. It seems like the second dimm is somehow not compatible with your new CPU. As you can see in the screenshot, it can't read the vendor or part number and other info.

Now to be 100% sure:
1. Check each DIMM alone. Use the Kingston DIMM on both slots and see if it gets detected with full details. Then use the other one alone and see if it gets detected also on both and with full details.

2. Use both DIMMs but place Kingston on slot 1 and see if it works that way. if it sees Kingston's name on slot 1, and no name on 2, that means the other dimm won't work with that CPU. If it only detects DIMMs on slot 2, that means the mobo, when you use the new CPU somehow changes the ram settings and the one on Slot 1 fails.

It would help if we could see the same screenshots but with the A6 CPU to see how the DIMMs are detected.

As you see it's a mix-and-match game, you have to try all the combos and see which one will work, if it works. Other than that try to borrow a couple of DIMMs or take the PC to a computer shop to test if it works with them, and that will tell you more.

Sadly not much more one can do from a forum since it's obviously a CPU/BIOS/DIMM issue and not a software issue. Maybe the DIMM slots need cleaning, maybe you need different bios, maybe pins are bent on the CPU, maybe wrong voltage when you use the a10 CPU... it can be any number of reasons, and for this to be conclusive we need hands-on-metal and not theory, but I will leave this open in case someone faced similar issues with either of those CPUs.

Last edited:

yoshiki

Downloaded
111.9 GB
Uploaded
170.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Hello again sir
i already tried mix and match even tried my 2gb ram stick, the unknown stick has been like that ever since here is some screenies i just tried it again on the A6, the iGpu is set to auto

Qhc6gH.png

QhcLJo.png

Qhcclj.png

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
All I can say is that clearly, the A10 doesn't like the second no-name stick. Did you try swapping slots and also testing the rams individually (solo DIMM) on both slots? If for example, the Kingston one works on both slot 1 and slot 2 both alone or with the other DIMM then sadly your other DIMM is different, doesn't like the new CPU and there is little you can do. This is why it is always recommended to have both DIMMs from the same manufacturer.

Just so you understand, AMD CPUs have the memory controller on the CPU itself and so it is possible that a DIMM can work with one CPU but not another.

yoshiki

Downloaded
111.9 GB
Uploaded
170.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
All I can say is that clearly, the A10 doesn't like the second no-name stick. Did you try swapping slots and also testing the rams individually (solo DIMM) on both slots? If for example, the Kingston one works on both slot 1 and slot 2 both alone or with the other DIMM then sadly your other DIMM is different, doesn't like the new CPU and there is little you can do. This is why it is always recommended to have both DIMMs from the same manufacturer.

Just so you understand, AMD CPUs have the memory controller on the CPU itself and so it is possible that a DIMM can work with one CPU but not another.
i tried it solo,the unknown works as solo too i post a screen shot later

yoshiki

Downloaded
111.9 GB
Uploaded
170.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years

QhLm0g.png
QhLLvD.png
QhL6C5.png

As you can see the unknown works

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Uploader
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
93.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
264 (272)
Member for 7 years
@yoshiki have you re-flashed the latest bios?? f9 to default settings?? under video tab try to allocate 32mb to the graphics, instead of 64....

I have a 12 gen I9 nvidea dedicated graphics 3070 ti 64gb of hyper FuryKingston... and as @Cyler mentioned, Windows automatically allocate and hold some ram....

look here:
QhLtBU.png

t​

yoshiki

Downloaded
111.9 GB
Uploaded
170.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
@yoshiki have you re-flashed the latest bios?? f9 to default settings?? under video tab try to allocate 32mb to the graphics, instead of 64....

I have a 12 gen I9 nvidea dedicated graphics 3070 ti 64gb of hyper FuryKingston... and as @Cyler mentioned, Windows automatically allocate and hold some ram....

look here:
QhLtBU.png

t​
hi i have not reflashed but i did reset to default settings..i always or force my igpu to 512mb the lowest i can go is 128

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Uploader
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
93.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
264 (272)
Member for 7 years
hi i have not reflashed but i did reset to default settings..i always or force my igpu to 512mb the lowest i can go is 128
if you want more system ram available, drop it to 128MB!

yoshiki

Downloaded
111.9 GB
Uploaded
170.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
if you want more system ram available, drop it to 128MB!
thats not the case sir, i wanted help why my ram is not working when they are both ok. even if i drop it to 128mb I'll still be using 4gb out of 8

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11530 (11530)
Member for 8 years
thats not the case sir, i wanted help why my ram is not working when they are both ok. even if i drop it to 128mb I'll still be using 4gb out of 8
Take your PC here. Someone who will know best by looking at it directly. Like you said.

This is getting long and old quickly.

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Uploader
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
93.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
264 (272)
Member for 7 years
Take your PC here. Someone who will know best by looking at it directly. Like you said.

This is getting long and old quickly.
you can lock it, as I believe this is more of hardware failure and what's damage, has to be physically replaced!

Status
Not open for further replies.