Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Help Needed Recover Partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thibor69

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
624.8 GB
Uploaded
2.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Hope this is the correct place to post this ...

I have a problem I was hoping to get advice from anyone ... I accidentally deleted a partition. I do not think it has been formatted .. just deleted and recreated. It had alot of very important documents on it. What is the best way to try and recover some or all of the partition ?? I have access to any program that I might need to try this.

Please help with advice !

Thank you

PS. This is a Windows 10 system. 1 Drive 2 partitions.

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
This is a better location and if you deleted partition and recreated you most likely formatted it... Look here Please>>>

Jonas_Barua

Downloaded
5 GB
Uploaded
8.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Find the "Active @ Partition Recovery" v3.0 program and start the recovery process in empty USB memory. After Restart, Windows recognized it as an unformatted disk and immediately offered to format disk - but you refuse - !!! no format !!!. Later i will do the thread with the program that will help you successfully recover the files (NTFS-FAT ):)

Bernadi7

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
240.6 GB
Uploaded
7.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Too hard to recover 100% of your data. Even though you will ask a expert to do this you will never get all your data back.

Jonas_Barua

Downloaded
5 GB
Uploaded
8.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
never get all your data back.
in this case will return 100% of files:D:p:rock:

Thibor69

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
624.8 GB
Uploaded
2.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Hi -

Yes Jonas_Barua, your description is what I think will maybe work... I was reinstalling windows and my drive had 2 partitions C and D. I guess I accidentally deleted both C and D, then recreated C and D and installed to C but now only C is usable. D says not formatted cant read file system.... D has all my stuff I need back. Mainly all my Doc's ..

When you have some time please continue on with the steps to try and fix this... I will put it off for now and try tonight after work.

Again thank you Jonas and you other guys that offered insight :)

I just ran Active @ Partition Recovery 17.0.0.2 -- and I chose drive D: (this is the partion that I need back) but it says "Unknown FileSystem" ....

Thoughts ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bernadi7

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
240.6 GB
Uploaded
7.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
If you formated check the disk type and then google it or post a picture to help us

Jonas_Barua

Downloaded
5 GB
Uploaded
8.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years

Thibor69

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
624.8 GB
Uploaded
2.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Here is a picture of the current setup ... let me know if you need more ? :)

czqo3.png

Bernadi7

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
240.6 GB
Uploaded
7.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Partition D is RAW (he RAW drive is a hard drive partition which has not been formatted with the file system neither FAT12/FAT16/FAT32 nor NTFS/NTFS5. The RAW drive can be caused by a number of reasons such as virus infection, format failure, accidentally shut down operating system, power outages, etc) it suppose to be ntfs in order to recover the files if i am not wrong (never tried to recover any kind of data) .I found this way on a greek forum to make it NTFS and says that you don't lose files etc. If you want follow the steps below in order to make it NTFS and then try to use recover tool.

1)First of all, make a right click on ‘My computer’ and hit the button saying ‘Manage’
2)Go to ‘Computer Management’
3)Make a click on ‘Disk Management
4)Look up the raw local drive that you are willing to fix. Mark it as an active device
5)Make a right click on the drive, in order to visit its properties
6)Go to Security, Advanced, Owner, Edit, Other users or groups, Advanced, Find Now. Then choose the user listed first and hit the OK button
7)Reboot the system and try accessing the raw drive. It would be accessible now

If you want try this but i am not sure if it will work 100% and i don't have responsibility for more data lose.

If you need help just comment here or better inbox me.

Jonas_Barua

Downloaded
5 GB
Uploaded
8.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Partitions and hard disk data can always be accidentally deleted and damaged, but in many cases missing partitions and data will only become invisible to the user even though they are physically still on the disk: the user can not see them does not mean they are irretrievably deleted.
By returning the correct MBR with the provided software, the data will become visible again - you will be able to access and use them as before. So do not panic and make the worst thing possible, format the disc, because you'll be so excited about its content. Always try all the methods available to you before you decide on a draconian measure.:rock:

Thibor69

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
624.8 GB
Uploaded
2.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Thank you guys .... I think I will first try to correct the MBR since that is easy ... if that dont help then I will follow your steps Bernadi_7 and try that... Thank you both for your help. I will report back within the hour...

Cheers !

Odd thing ... I just ran EaseUS Partition Manager and it says the drive is bitlocked ? Should I still just try what you both said ? Weird it says D is NTFS now ..I have done nothing to it yet.

Thank you :)

czGwM.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonas_Barua

Downloaded
5 GB
Uploaded
8.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
so how did you lock it, so unlock it, you probably have a password

Thibor69

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
624.8 GB
Uploaded
2.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
No no ... I never locked it. :?

Unless some partition app I am using did it ... but I never asked for it and I never saw that and it only says that with EaseUS PM .... Windows storage does not say that .. it shows it still RAW

Bernadi7

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
240.6 GB
Uploaded
7.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
@
1)Click Start, click Control Panel, click System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption
2)Look for the drive on which you want BitLockerDrive Encryption turned off, and click Turn Off BitLocker
3)A message will be displayed, stating that the drive will be decrypted and that decryption may take some time

Try this and reply me, brb going to smoke

Jonas_Barua

Downloaded
5 GB
Uploaded
8.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
If you have a backup key then everything is OK

Thibor69

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
624.8 GB
Uploaded
2.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Well I can not find bitlocker anywere .... I know where it should be, but it is not there. This OS I am running us GalaxyOS - TeamOS VIP ... maybe it is removed ?

Bernadi7

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
240.6 GB
Uploaded
7.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Maybe yes, try this one it may work's
  1. Open Windows Powershell in Administrator mode and execute the following commands
    • PS C:\>$BLV = Get-BitLockerVolume
    • PS C:\>Disable-BitLocker -MountPoint $BLV
  2. Verify the decryption process by using below method
    • Execute command: PS C:\> Get-BitlocerVolume
    • Check decryption progress in "Volume Status" & "Encryption Percentage". Also these values must be "FullyDecrypted" & 100% to confirm the decryption completion.

Thibor69

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
624.8 GB
Uploaded
2.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
PS C:\> $BLV = Get-BitLockerVolume
Get-BitLockerVolume : The term 'Get-BitLockerVolume' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file,
or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and
try again.
At line:1 char:8
+ $BLV = Get-BitLockerVolume
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (Get-BitLockerVolume:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

Bernadi7

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
240.6 GB
Uploaded
7.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
check your inbox @Thibor69 try those ways and if you can't still do nothing inform me in order to contact a friend tomorrow .

Status
Not open for further replies.