Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Help/Problem: Torrent continuously shows "Leeching" even when completed days ago..

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
Hello Team,

I have one "Conan OS MPB" which I have downloaded days ago, installed too on my laptop, but the system still shows me in Leeching. I have tried deleting the .torrent file, readding, but it keeps showing as leeching or inactive (when inactive). I have tried for many days, but it keeps showing the same, no matter what I try. I have "seeded more than 3 days". Request you to help please.

image3d5e44db37ca2bb3.png

image36131ac2f383bab2.png

The Professor

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
31 GB
Uploaded
33.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
44 (46)
Member for 10 years
Force recheck the torrent and Reannounce it i might be helpful

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
Force recheck the torrent and Reannounce it i might be helpful
Tried that several times for many days. After everything, I came here. :(

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
Can you please open the folder you downloaded this specific torrent and screenshots the files in the folder? if possible with the file sizes shown.

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
@Cyler There you go mate..
I completed download on 16.08.2021 12:46 my time. Today is 21.08.2021. :(
imagebd867b86efdec9a7.png

image5d439d297c0d6639.png

Jimmy Collaros

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.8 TB
Uploaded
1,430 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
870 (869)
Member for 8 years
A stupid question.. can you delete the torrent not the folder and redownload?
Something like this. I am not sure,

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
A stupid question.. can you delete the torrent not the folder and redownload?
Something like this. I am not sure,
Already done that too. 4 times. Right now I gave the snapshot after doing that itself. Does not work. My current OS is this Conan OS itself where I am replying from. How odd..

Jimmy Collaros

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.8 TB
Uploaded
1,430 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
870 (869)
Member for 8 years
Already done that too. 4 times. Right now I gave the snapshot after doing that itself. Does not work. My current OS is this Conan OS itself where I am replying from. How odd..
Sorry then my lovely friend i cannot help because i had never this issue before.

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
One more question. Say I created a .torrent file, addded to post, deleted my old .torrent file and redownloaded now the tracker activated one. How long does it take for it to start feeding (seeding from me)? I have noticed and maybe this is my ignorance or limited knowledge here, that the torrents take 4-5 hours before they actually become active to seed, and not just active itself. Like right now my 13 posts all torrents show me active but they do not have anything seeding even though 3-4 torrents have few people active.

Last edited:

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
Sorry then my lovely friend i cannot help because i had never this issue before.
I had this same issue couple of months ago. I think it was Conan's windows torrent itself (cannot recollect though). One of the staff/admin did something from backend to correct it.

Jimmy Collaros

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.8 TB
Uploaded
1,430 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
870 (869)
Member for 8 years
One more question. Say I created a .torrent file, addded to post, deleted my old .torrent file and redownloaded now the tracker activated one. How long does it take for it to start feeding (seeding from me)? I have noticed and maybe this is my ignorance or limited knowledge here, that the torrents take 4-5 hours before they actually become active to seed, and not just active itself. Like right now my 13 posts all torrenta show me active but they do not have anything seeding even though 3-4 torrents have few people active.
I don't know believe me i don't know i never had problems with seeding and in general with torrents.. I don't know.

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
I don't know believe me i don't know i never had problems with seeding and in general with torrents.. I don't know.
I know mate. Just curious as to how this works, as I am a new uploader, and new to torrent creation and torrent owner stuff. Plus, I ask too many questions tbvh. :p

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
Just so we are clear on the facts.
A torrent NEVER goes to seed mode unless ALL THE FILES are downloaded as they are reported to the tracker. Not just for team os... for any and every tracker.

The torrent as listed on the tracker has those 4 files.
chrome_gLDfAIRKEc.jpg

Check if the 3 marked files are also downloaded by you. If not.. there's your problem.

Jimmy Collaros

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.8 TB
Uploaded
1,430 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
870 (869)
Member for 8 years
I know mate. Just curious as to how this works, as I am a new uploader, and new to torrent creation and torrent owner stuff. Plus, I ask too many questions tbvh. :p
Ask as many questions you can and wait for a correct answer to cover your needs.

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
Just so we are clear on the facts.
A torrent NEVER goes to seed mode unless ALL THE FILES are downloaded as they are reported to the tracker. Not just for team os... for any and every tracker.

The torrent as listed on the tracker has those 4 files.
chrome_gLDfAIRKEc.jpg

Check if the 3 marked files are also downloaded by you. If not.. there's your problem.
Actually that is not the case here, I trust. Even if that is not downloaded those 3 files, it still should not show leeching, as leeching defines what one is downloading (selective as well). But I downloaded selective fully. Again, this is my understanding and I maybe incorrect. I just switched to Zorin now, so will download those 3 files as well once am back on W10.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
That's not how things work. To become a seeder, you must have all files. That is set by the torrent protocol and not by us.
Even if one byte is missing you will stay as a leecher. The reason is there can be only 2 categories of peers in a swarm. Leechers and seeders... and you are not a seeder so... you stay as a leecher. Keep in mind that leecher can still upload, just never becomes a seeder.

The same happens when antivirus might erase a file from a torrent for example. The person is switched to leecher.
I can explain the technical side of it but no point really right now.

Check the folder again, either the files are there or they are not.

Let us know.

Jimmy Collaros

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.8 TB
Uploaded
1,430 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
870 (869)
Member for 8 years
What about this....

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
That's not how things work. To become a seeder, you must have all files. That is set by the torrent protocol and not by us.
Even if one byte is missing you will stay as a leecher. The reason is there can be only 2 categories of peers in a swarm. Leechers and seeders... and you are not a seeder so... you stay as a leecher. Keep in mind that leecher can still upload, just never becomes a seeder.

The same happens when antivirus might erase a file from a torrent for example. The person is switched to leecher.
I can explain the technical side of it but no point really right now.

Check the folder again, either the files are there or they are not.

Let us know.
They are not there. I will redownload and see if it helps. I understand your point of the swarms now mate.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
Ok, I think we have our solution then :) Btw from the torrent wiki.

chrome_R52z7oBdxi.jpg

Key word: Complete

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
What about this....
I am on Zorin writing my Garuda USB as DD right now. Will be back to torrenting in 25 minutes unless I get stuck in that DD. But as I said I am not sure why even when I have started torrents from active tracking, I still only start seeding after 4-5 hours. At least that is what happened to Zorin OS ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.