Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Hi! imac 27- (2019) A2115 won't turn off

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuly-s

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
After a power surge, it stopped turning on! I press the start button, the fan spins slowly, the screen is black, two LEDs light up! Turned off the mains, pressed the button - again turned it on does not help!
Diagnostic LEDs
1 - not working 2 - working -3 - working 4 - not working 5 - not working

IMAC -27 2019 (A2115)

Last edited:

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
25.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
Short answer. You need to visit a repair shop or an apple center. I don't have much experience with Macs but asking a close friend that does he told me the following:

If Led 1 4 and 5 stay off, that means that there is a hardware problem.

Led 1 = off with AC cable connected means that the power supply/board is probably faulty. Try to unplug and plug back but probably won't work.
Led 4 = off. Check with the external display port and a 2nd monitor, if it works and you can see MacOS. If you do, you need an LCD replacement. If not, you need a board replacement. Make sure you check the LCD internal cables.
Led 5 = off. Assuming Led 1 will be back on, Verify the internal DisplayPort cable and backlight cable connections between the LCD panel and the logic board. Check with a flashlight to see if the LCD is on, but has no backlight. If you can see anything (like the login screen) even faint.

Remember, as long as Led 1 is off it may affect how the monitor works, and the more you use a faulty power supply/board the more you risk damaging the Mac even more.

For more info, If you have experience with electronics, you know what to search for but good luck finding replacement parts to test. I would still advise taking the iMac to someone that knows of Macs or to Apple itself.

I will leave this thread open in case someone can help more but remember, we are a torrent site that sometimes offers help with software specializing in PCs/Windows. Maybe searching in an Apple focus forum would help more.

Last edited:

kuly-s

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
I visited the apple center-- i was told such a high repair cost! that I can buy a new imac on it-I don't really believe in the correct diagnosis.they didn't tell me what the problem was
I'm more inclined - that the power supply is wrong! Although I took it off and checked it showed 12 volts), but maybe it still has a defect.The cheapest thing I can do is buy a new power supply from China! and try it! - if it doesn't work, I'll have to hang myself!

Last edited:

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
This is a Windows/PC forum.... yes/no? If I had a Imac and wanted to ask questions about it... I would search for Imac forums... IDK

kuly-s

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
I understand - I'm leaving here - you're kicking me out !!! :tmi:

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
Wrong! not kicking you out... just pointing out a fact ;)

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
25.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
I would not believe almost anything that apple stores say, judging from other people's experiences but there is also a reality here. Apple has a VERY strong hold on its hardware and prices. It's hard to find a good 3rd party item.

As I wrote tho your issue might not be the power supply board only ( or at all since 12v is working and I'm sure you checked the other aspects too). It could be that another part can short circuit it. Since it was a power surge, you have to check all major components and test with spare parts to be sure otherwise you risk paying for the power supply and still not having a working mac. What if the graphic card is also damaged (led 5) but you have no way of knowing till you get the supply just as an example?

Check for an independent apple repair shop maybe that could be the best path if possible even if you have to ship it. At least they will probably evaluate it better.

No one is kicking you, we just make clear that we are not the right spot to ask, as a courtesy and to save you time and... bad advice (like mine :p ) . think of it as going to a car mechanic and asking for health issues.

Last edited:

Feiyan

Downloaded
82.2 GB
Uploaded
103.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
My condolences... I hope it can be repaired. Know nothing about IMac/fixing stuff but have you already tried to revive it via power cycling**? If not yet, shd be harmless to try I think? I tried to do this for my own SSD that died from natural causes recently but remedy applies for Mac / SSDs comatose post power surge too.

- Shut down the IMac.
- Unplug the IMac's power cord from the back of the Imac (not from the wall or power strip outlet).
- Push in and hold the power button for 5-10 seconds. Release the power button.
- Re-attach the power cable to your IMac
- Press the power button and see if it powers up normally. Try 2-3 times more if no change.

Good luck :speechless:

kuly-s

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Yes it did! - no, it doesn't come alive

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
no activity +30 days, closed, locked and tagged completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.