Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tips & Tricks How to start seeding again if you no longer have the .torrent files

dcal21

Downloaded
31.1 GB
Uploaded
38.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
thanks for the wonderfull info

Cagatacus

Downloaded
15.2 GB
Uploaded
56.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
I use qBittorrent and have completed step 1: I checked "Do not start the download automatically" and still have the downloaded file in the download directory (so there was no need to change it).
Where on earth is the «green torrent link» ??????

Andy 52

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
886.6 GB
Uploaded
27.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
I use qBittorrent and have completed step 1: I checked "Do not start the download automatically" and still have the downloaded file in the download directory (so there was no need to change it).
In the upper middle, you select torrent. After displaying the page. A little further down in a square is written FREELECH. Clicked on it and all the FREELECH torrents appear.

Username Start date End date Tag Show Freeleech Torrents

Last edited:

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years

If your original download was made using a seedbox then you may not be able to download the torrent file again.
That's because of the way that most seedboxes work.

Last edited:

Cagatacus

Downloaded
15.2 GB
Uploaded
56.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
In the upper middle, you select torrent. After displaying the page. A little further down in a square is written FREELECH. Clicked on it and all the FREELECH torrents appear.

Username Start date End date Tag Show Freeleech Torrents
Thanks for your reply, Chuck, but I really have no idea of WHERE to look for any those. In the upper middle of what? What screen/window/menu/button is that ? Are we talking about the same app, qBittorent?

Andy 52

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
886.6 GB
Uploaded
27.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Take a look at this link: https://www.teamos.xyz/torrents/?freeleech=1
You're referring to Mr. Chuck, you're quoting me, and that's totally sloppy. The torrents are located on the site pages, not in your torrent client!!! Good luck from me!

Cagatacus

Downloaded
15.2 GB
Uploaded
56.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Well... Thank you Andy 52

xtro01

Downloaded
34.7 GB
Uploaded
33.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
can you pls reset for me, my old hdd was broken and i cant retrieve torrent files, now all i get is Oops! We ran into some problems.!!!
cant acess anything, i also read the tread, that is all i can acess. pls help

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
can you pls reset for me, my old hdd was broken and i cant retrieve torrent files, now all i get is Oops! We ran into some problems.!!!
No, I will not reset anything. You have never made a serious attempt to seed here so you will not get any special treatment.
All your options are here Guidance for Users with Ratio or Hit and Run Warnings.

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Super Moderator
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
52.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
254 (262)
Member for 7 years
you been here 7 years, so you should know better!

ButchyBear

*GOLD CLASS VIP*
Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2.2 GB
Uploaded
2,712.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (13)
Member for 6 years

If your original download was made using a seedbox then you may not be able to download the torrent file again.
That's because of the way that most seedboxes work.

OK, first a question related to this; because I am currently seeding over 15,000 files, I have over 100 files that show up as ERROR in qBittorrent. I used your method, and it worked for one, not another. I discovered that some of the files show no seeders. I don't know if that is just online at the time or if there are none, forever. It would take me less time to delete them all and re-download them or to move them to a folder on the desktop, and as soon as it starts downloading and the tracker appears, just drag the complete file into the download folder, and poof, 100% seeding with a tracker. I am just wondering if there is a less time-consuming method. I was wondering about the box in qBittorreents that enables any tracker you want to be added to the .torrent. Would that work, or would it mess with the ID that gets added to the torrent so we get seeding credit?

As far as the seedbox thing goes, are you not getting them due to a low ratio or the seeded box thing? I am not sure what to do to fix it either, I think you need to download the .torrent yourself from here to get seeding credit, if that wasn't the case, I could or anyone could PM the .torrent to you. At least that is how I understand it to work, not sure though.

I hope maybe that helped. I, unfortunately, know very little about seed boxes

Chuck, see attached file for the titles of the error files. It is a .txt file, so I had to append it with .torrent so delete that, and it will open. I can send the actual torrent files to you if you need them, I think they are still on the drive. Don't think it is attached, oh well.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Azura2k

Downloaded
4.7 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
Hello, my English is super bad, so I have done all kinds but still can't download anything. Someone please explain to me, what do I need to do?

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
Hello, my English is super bad, so I have done all kinds but still can't download anything. Someone please explain to me, what do I need to do?
Fix your ratio.
Read Guidance for Users with Ratio or Hit and Run Warnings.

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
OK, first a question related to this; because I am currently seeding over 15,000 files, I have over 100 files that show up as ERROR in qBittorrent. I used your method, and it worked for one, not another. I discovered that some of the files show no seeders. I don't know if that is just online at the time or if there are none, forever. It would take me less time to delete them all and re-download them or to move them to a folder on the desktop, and as soon as it starts downloading and the tracker appears, just drag the complete file into the download folder, and poof, 100% seeding with a tracker. I am just wondering if there is a less time-consuming method. I was wondering about the box in qBittorreents that enables any tracker you want to be added to the .torrent. Would that work, or would it mess with the ID that gets added to the torrent so we get seeding credit?

As far as the seedbox thing goes, are you not getting them due to a low ratio or the seeded box thing? I am not sure what to do to fix it either, I think you need to download the .torrent yourself from here to get seeding credit, if that wasn't the case, I could or anyone could PM the .torrent to you. At least that is how I understand it to work, not sure though.

I hope maybe that helped. I, unfortunately, know very little about seed boxes

Chuck, see attached file for the titles of the error files. It is a .txt file, so I had to append it with .torrent so delete that, and it will open. I can send the actual torrent files to you if you need them, I think they are still on the drive. Don't think it is attached, oh well.

Thanks!
I am not surprised that re-downloading torrent files does not fix all errors. A torrent client can flag an error for a variety of reasons. Depending on the reason, downloading a fresh .torrent file might, or might, not help.
Personally, I would not waste my time on errored torrents.

I'm not sure that I understand what you're getting at when you talk about torrents with no seeders.
If you have the data and the .torrent files for them then you already have all you need to be a seeder for them.
If you have the data but not the .torrent file then my suggested process should get you the file.
If you don't have the data and there really are no seeders then the only way to resurrect the torrent is to get someone who already has the data to start seeding again.

A torrent file contains more information than a tracker list. Therefore, adding a tracker to the tracker list is not the same as downloading a torrent file again.

As you're running your own instance of qBittorent, seedbox issues resulting from data de-duplication don't apply to you.

ButchyBear

*GOLD CLASS VIP*
Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2.2 GB
Uploaded
2,712.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (13)
Member for 6 years
I am not surprised that re-downloading torrent files does not fix all errors. A torrent client can flag an error for a variety of reasons. Depending on the reason, downloading a fresh .torrent file might, or might, not help.
Personally, I would not waste my time on errored torrents.

I'm not sure that I understand what you're getting at when you talk about torrents with no seeders.
If you have the data and the .torrent files for them then you already have all you need to be a seeder for them.
If you have the data but not the .torrent file then my suggested process should get you the file.
If you don't have the data and there really are no seeders then the only way to resurrect the torrent is to get someone who already has the data to start seeding again.

A torrent file contains more information than a tracker list. Therefore, adding a tracker to the tracker list is not the same as downloading a torrent file again.

As you're running your own instance of qBittorent, seedbox issues resulting from data de-duplication don't apply to you.
I just fixed ALL of my 15000+ seeding files. None have errors, all have trackers, and all are active, yet the tracker will not use me to upload from. Why waste my time downloading and seeding if I am not really uploading anything, I get nothing from it, and neither does anyone else. I do not understand why this happens when I have to fix .torrents and restart my PC several times in a short period. It acts as if the tracker is not selecting my computer to get the files from or something. It downloaded OK. Uploaded while downloading, then for hours, practically nothing.
If no one can get the files I have I will just stop seeding as there is no point. Either Xendev or Cyler might have fixed it last time I think.
Is there a way for the tracker to be reset, or could there be a different reason for the practically non-existent uploads? How can I tell if it is a qbittorrent thing or a windows thing or a TeaOmS tracker thing?
Thanks

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
I just fixed ALL of my 15000+ seeding files. None have errors, all have trackers, and all are active, yet the tracker will not use me to upload from. Why waste my time downloading and seeding if I am not really uploading anything, I get nothing from it, and neither does anyone else. I do not understand why this happens when I have to fix .torrents and restart my PC several times in a short period. It acts as if the tracker is not selecting my computer to get the files from or something. It downloaded OK. Uploaded while downloading, then for hours, practically nothing.
If no one can get the files I have I will just stop seeding as there is no point. Either Xendev or Cyler might have fixed it last time I think.
Is there a way for the tracker to be reset, or could there be a different reason for the practically non-existent uploads? How can I tell if it is a qbittorrent thing or a windows thing or a TeaOmS tracker thing?
Thanks
Right now your profile shows no seeding torrents.

I am not surprised that the upload you are seeing is not that great.
When a torrent is first posted there is a lot of activity. Then, for the majority of apps, the activity falls off exponentially with time.
So older apps and apps that have been superceded by newer versions usually have almost no activity. I expect that description applies to most of your torrents.

There is no reason to believe that there is anything wrong with the tracker.

ButchyBear

*GOLD CLASS VIP*
Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2.2 GB
Uploaded
2,712.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (13)
Member for 6 years
Yes, there is, and Cyler knows about it. I can download with utorrent, the .torrentsa show, but no uploads, not qBittorrent. NOTHING but the RED GLOBE, indicating a problem; I have reinstalled it, keeping the settings and .torrent files. I will see if I can reinstall it and not keep setting, just files, and .torrentsI have all 15,000 files highlighted and am going to try forcing resend to tracker and then force recheck of all files, here's a screen shot:

I have changed ports, checked the firewall, and everything I can think of. I loaded some .torrents in utorrent and copied the .torrent file after copying other data files over, and it checked them and loaded the tracker just like it's supposed to. I at a loss

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
Yes, there is, and Cyler knows about it. I can download with utorrent, the .torrentsa show, but no uploads, not qBittorrent. NOTHING but the RED GLOBE, indicating a problem; I have reinstalled it, keeping the settings and .torrent files. I will see if I can reinstall it and not keep setting, just files, and .torrentsI have all 15,000 files highlighted and am going to try forcing resend to tracker and then force recheck of all files, here's a screen shot:

I have changed ports, checked the firewall, and everything I can think of. I loaded some .torrents in utorrent and copied the .torrent file after copying other data files over, and it checked them and loaded the tracker just like it's supposed to. I at a loss
Read this new post

I suggest that, if you want to talk to staff, you continue your discussions with Cyler only. You seem to have given him more information that you have given to me.
If my conclusions were incorrect then it was, at least partly, due to lack of information.

chetoz

Orange EG ☑️
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
339.4 GB
Uploaded
135 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
This post is great , I always have this problem when installing new windows, so I used to redownload all again,

Thanks alot

Vincent Louis

Downloaded
17.6 GB
Uploaded
14.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
I cant find any list of torrent in my torrent history :(