Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked I need description and info about few windows 10 components.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DIvzed

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Can someone explain me what this 3 components are responsible for and where are they located in the system? I cannot find any meaningful info about them on the internet.
- Windows Store Back-end Client (component in MSMG Toolkit removal tool) - ???
- Webcam Experience - ???
- Foundation Package (Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package) - ???

Jerry_Xristos

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
365 (416)
Member for 9 years
1. I think windows store you already know what it is, MSMG toolkit is an application for modify/customize and OS.
So WS is removed using MSMG toolkit.
2. Webcam experience is needed for working with you camera at windows OS, if this has been removed you can't play/work with your camera at your computer.
So installing a camera is not possible.
3. The Windows Identity Foundation helps simplify user access for developers by externalizing user access from applications via claims and reducing development effort with pre-built security logic and integrated . NET tools.

Hope I have helped, keep in mind Google is always your best friend and a fast one.

DIvzed

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
1. I think windows store you already know what it is, MSMG toolkit is an application for modify/customize and OS.
So WS is removed using MSMG toolkit.
2. Webcam experience is needed for working with you camera at windows OS, if this has been removed you can't play/work with your camera at your computer.
So installing a camera is not possible.
3. The Windows Identity Foundation helps simplify user access for developers by externalizing user access from applications via claims and reducing development effort with pre-built security logic and integrated . NET tools.

Hope I have helped, keep in mind Google is always your best friend and a fast one.
No, you are unfortunately wrong and your answers are hardly generalized, but thanks for effort.

1. Windows Store Back-end Client is part of Windows Store, not Windows Store app itself and I don't know what it is exactly responsible for. Also best proof of that is when servicing LTSC (system edition without windows store), the component Windows Store Back-end Client is present there anyway for some reason, so what it is responsible for? Seems like no one knows... leftover?
The components that actually are Windows Store, but are not present in LTSC:

Name : Microsoft Store
Package : Microsoft.WindowsStore

Name : Store Purcahse
Package : Microsoft.StorePurchaseApp

Name : Services Store Engagement
Package : Microsoft.Services.Store.Engagement

2. This is also false, because I can run serviced image in VM with removed Webcam Experience component and still connect and use my camera without issues, so?
3. Thanks for information about this one, I appreciate.

Jerry_Xristos

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
365 (416)
Member for 9 years
No, you are unfortunately wrong and your answers are hardly generalized, but thanks for effort.

1. Windows Store Back-end Client is part of Windows Store, not Windows Store app itself and I don't know what it is exactly responsible for. Also best proof of that is when servicing LTSC (system edition without windows store), the component Windows Store Back-end Client is present there anyway for some reason, so what it is responsible for? Seems like no one knows... leftover?
The components that actually are Windows Store, but are not present in LTSC:

Name : Microsoft Store
Package : Microsoft.WindowsStore

Name : Store Purcahse
Package : Microsoft.StorePurchaseApp

Name : Services Store Engagement
Package : Microsoft.Services.Store.Engagement

2. This is also false, because I can run serviced image in VM with removed Webcam Experience component and still connect and use my camera without issues, so?
3. Thanks for information about this one, I appreciate.
My apologies I wasn't specific for the first part, yes Windows Store Back-end Client is part from windows store and depending what else you have removed it might WS not working properly.
For example in windows 11 if you have also removed delivery optimization WS won't work, its weird sometimes how Microsoft mess up things.

Windows LTSC has not the WS, lets say its something like a Lite version of windows. This is why are not present at LTSC versions.
All bloatware apps are missing too.

As for the Webcam Experience (if tis removed) the variety of web cameras won't work, you might have been lucky with yours.
This is what I have seen from personal experience.
Hope I have been more helpful now.
Sorry I was in hurry before

DIvzed

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
My apologies I wasn't specific for the first part, yes Windows Store Back-end Client is part from windows store and depending what else you have removed it might WS not working properly.
For example in windows 11 if you have also removed delivery optimization WS won't work, its weird sometimes how Microsoft mess up things.

Windows LTSC has not the WS, lets say its something like a Lite version of windows. This is why are not present at LTSC versions.
All bloatware apps are missing too.

As for the Webcam Experience (if tis removed) the variety of web cameras won't work, you might have been lucky with yours.
This is what I have seen from personal experience.
Hope I have been more helpful now.
Sorry I was in hurry before
Thanks for clarification.
I'm gonna ask MSMG Toolkit dev directly about Webcam Experience component removal. How could this affects laptop webcams, USB cameras with dedicated drivers & software.
About Windows Store Back-end Client, I'll probably leave it as description "Part of the Microsoft Store App".

DIvzed

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
I did some tests today and found out that Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package is not related to .Net tools at all. Windows Identity Foundation and Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package are two different things.
After removing this package, Windows will not install! The installation process ends with an error "Windows could not set the offline locale information. error code 0x80000001" during Windows Features installation step.

So the Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package has to be responsible for containing, managing and installing entire "Windows Features" section in the system. Windows installation cannot be completed without it.
It makes sense, because even when performing the DISM /Image /Get-Features command line, Windows Features are pulled from Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package.
There is info at the beginning "Features listing for package : Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package..."
Y5jgnwj.png

I'm posting this because maybe it will be useful to someone else.

Last edited:

Jerry_Xristos

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
365 (416)
Member for 9 years