Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked IDM asking for username and password

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucasFe02

Downloaded
59.7 GB
Uploaded
83 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Hi, I'm using the Internet Download Manager to download a protected PDF that I have access using the browser. To achieve the file I have to login in my account and open the PDF. After this, it opens another website (the PDF viewer) in another tab and in fact I can access the file. Apparently, the website uses a Javascript to automatically put the login, but I'm not sure. I can see the file normally in the website pdf viewer, but I want to download the file to be able to use it offline. How can I bypass this protection or see the credentials to insert in IDM? Is there another download manager that can download the file without login? I don't have skills in programming, but I can "program" if there is a step-by-step tutorial.

Thanks for reading.

IDM Login:

Skip1

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
117.3 GB
Uploaded
3.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
26 (23)
Member for 7 years
Moved to H&R. This should really be under the thread of the program you downloaded from, please let us know which IDM version you are trying to use.

LucasFe02

Downloaded
59.7 GB
Uploaded
83 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Moved to H&R. This should really be under the thread of the program you downloaded from, please let us know which IDM version you are trying to use.

Sorry, I never posted a help before. I'm using version 6.38 Build 5 (Oct/09/2020) Full.

Mirkec

Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
57.6 GB
Uploaded
16 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
83 (96)
Member for 6 years
When you open a pdf document in a browser open print settings and choose to save it as pdf.

Jimmy Collaros

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.8 TB
Uploaded
1,412.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
870 (869)
Member for 8 years
Maybe using a program for PDF and set it as default bypassing your browser.
What browser you are using?
IDM asking for username and password or your browser?

LucasFe02

Downloaded
59.7 GB
Uploaded
83 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Maybe using a program for PDF and set it as default bypassing your browser.
What browser you are using?
IDM asking for username and password or your browser?

The IDM detects the file and ask to download, but when I start the download it asks the username and password. I'm using the Google Chrome.

When you open a pdf document in a browser open print settings and choose to save it as pdf.

It worked but most of the pages are blank.

Jimmy Collaros

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.8 TB
Uploaded
1,412.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
870 (869)
Member for 8 years
I don't know never happened to me and i have downloaded and opened hundreds of PDFs.
Maybe it's fault of IDM try the latest version Mirkec uploaded it yesterday.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
IDM is fine and working perfectly as intended. The issue is with the site that the original poster is visiting.

The site the user is trying to access uses a custom PDF viewer within the browser, to hide the original PDF and so people won't be able to download it. IDM detects that there is a file to download BUT... since the PDF is in protected storage, it asks for the folder password to be able to access the protected area and download the file.

Sadly there is no easy solution for you. What @Mirkec said might actually work if the custom PDF viewer allows you to print. Just print the file from the first to the last page using the PDF driver of your system. Windows 10 come with one so you will see it as a device when you select print from any application, including the web browser.

Alternatively, someone has to bypass the protection of the site or trick the site into giving you access to download the PDF which is something we don't do here.

Wish I could help you more.

Unless there is anything else, this thread will be closed soon.

LucasFe02

Downloaded
59.7 GB
Uploaded
83 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Thanks for everyone who helped me. I was able to download the PDF just pressing Ctrl + S even if it didn't have a download button. The PDF viewer (custom-made) was based on PDF Viewer from Mozilla Firefox and I was using Chrome lol. Btw, thanks for everyone.

I guess this thread is solved.

IDM is fine and working perfectly as intended. The issue is with the site that the original poster is visiting.

The site the user is trying to access uses a custom PDF viewer within the browser, to hide the original PDF and so people won't be able to download it. IDM detects that there is a file to download BUT... since the PDF is in protected storage, it asks for the folder password to be able to access the protected area and download the file.

Sadly there is no easy solution for you. What @Mirkec said might actually work if the custom PDF viewer allows you to print. Just print the file from the first to the last page using the PDF driver of your system. Windows 10 come with one so you will see it as a device when you select print from any application, including the web browser.

Alternatively, someone has to bypass the protection of the site or trick the site into giving you access to download the PDF which is something we don't do here.

Wish I could help you more.

Unless there is anything else, this thread will be closed soon.

No problem, I tried to do something that IDM isn't capable. Thanks for replying.

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
365 (416)
Member for 9 years
i am closing the thread now as completed