Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked IDM Integration Module gets disabled in Google after a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

edge37

Downloaded
684.6 GB
Uploaded
22 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Hi, A few days ago I noticed that IDM extension gets disabled in Chrome, for reasons unknown, I try to uninstall and reinstall the extension, install the extension with the IDMGCExt.crx installation file, install again the extension from Google Store link they provide, tried disabling all extensions but that one, and tried any solutions I could find in google, with no luck. I wonder if someone has experienced this problem lately. The problem began while using IDM version 6.40 Build 7, now I installed version 6.40 Build 8 and, after a while, it gets disabled the same. The only way to fix this, momentarily, is to uninstall the whole program and reinstall it new, then the extension looks fine but after a few hours having Chrome running it gets disabled just like that. Using Win11 22000.527, Chrome 98.0.4758.102. Any help please?
x3em2ISz_t.jpg
vIhEvLVm_t.jpg

thank you

1ntr0v3rt3ch

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
499 GB
Uploaded
148.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
I experienced that also in Firefox, I just reinstall the extension and reboot my pc, I am using the 6.40 Build 2

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11530 (11530)
Member for 8 years
Try reverting to IDM version that was working before. Still on 6.39 build 8 here and no issues.

Jimmy Collaros

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.8 TB
Uploaded
1,433.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
870 (869)
Member for 8 years
If the problem is with the browser? Uninstall Chrome and install it again i had the same problem with some extensions some months before and the problem was the Google Chrome don't ask me why i don't know.

PsyTom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
502.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
to make chrome safer, they disabled some extensions that aren't listed in the chrome Web Store and may have been added without there knowledge. there are several solutions on how affected users can deal with the issue. the fastest one is to switch to Chrome Canary or Dev instead, as the two versions of the browser are not affected by the restriction.
else, download the latest version of the third-party chrome extension that you want to install. these add-ons have the file extension crx, which makes them easily recognizable. use a program such as 7-zip to extract the contents of the file to your system. open the extensions manager in chrome by loading this page: chrome://extensions/ check the developer mode box at the top of the screen. select load unpacked extensions from the button bar that appears. use the folder browser to pick the directory you have extracted the contents of the extension to. the extension will be installed and won't be disabled.

Jimmy Collaros

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.8 TB
Uploaded
1,433.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
870 (869)
Member for 8 years
to make chrome safer, they disabled some extensions that aren't listed in the chrome Web Store and may have been added without there knowledge. there are several solutions on how affected users can deal with the issue. the fastest one is to switch to Chrome Canary or Dev instead, as the two versions of the browser are not affected by the restriction.
else, download the latest version of the third-party chrome extension that you want to install. these add-ons have the file extension crx, which makes them easily recognizable. use a program such as 7-zip to extract the contents of the file to your system. open the extensions manager in chrome by loading this page: chrome://extensions/ check the developer mode box at the top of the screen. select load unpacked extensions from the button bar that appears. use the folder browser to pick the directory you have extracted the contents of the extension to. the extension will be installed and won't be disabled.
Well said but we are talking about IDM extension not an unknown or strange or dangerous. I could have paid to have IDM. Should i have problem with their extension in my browser? It cannot be i would ask my money back and they don't want it.

Last edited:

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Uploader
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
93.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
264 (272)
Member for 7 years
Google and Firefox have implemented a lot of security updates on latest versions., you might need to disable some of those new features!

for example on my firefox I disable all this bs... see screenshot:

edge37

Downloaded
684.6 GB
Uploaded
22 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Thanks for the tip, tried Chrome Canary a few hours ago and, again, IDM extension turned off by itself or I don't know what happened.

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11530 (11530)
Member for 8 years
@edge37 All suggestions here valid. Good luck. Completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.