Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked information cleaning traces/activities on the computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

earthossave

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
182.2 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Hello friends ,

I would like to know if I launch a browser from an external hard drive does it leave traces on the computer or not

this is the case, do you know a software that cleans all activity done on the computer and that it can be unrecoverable please?

because for example I believe that the following software:
- Goversoft Privazer

It's a great cleaner, isn't it?

but I would like to have the opinion of the professionals as well as the Staff :)

Thanks for your help .

MediumSteak

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
12.2 GB
Uploaded
13.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
- maybe it will leave traces on temp, appdata directory or something on localdisk
- maybe you can try to use sandboxie to run the program and isolate it from system environment
- just based of my experience few years ago when i was still working in a company and using windows. i use ccleaner for cleaning windows or program traces. my office created me a paypal account, the problem was they created the paypal account through the company vpn (singapore), I could never make a successful transaction with my personal paypal without cleaning my machine with ccleaner, i always got a return to merchant warning or something. so yeah this program so much helpful for me back in the day.

Last edited:

testament

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
34.9 GB
Uploaded
24.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
All browsers, even portables, have a bad habit of leaving remnants of entries in main disk (C).

They have to do with some settings (bookmarks, passwords, personal settings etc).

If you delete these settings then the browser will return to the main page without your personal settings.

Personally i use only portable browser's...
With TreeSize software I locate these remnants and with a free utility ( FreeMove ) i move them to another hard disk (not all). This Utility make hard links.

So my main hard disk (C) have less tracies.

I don't use Goversoft Privazer, cause i don't know what exactly does. I use Glary Utilities 5 and Advanced SystemCare.

I'm not a Staff member and sorry for my English

Last edited:

DjNaToTheS

in association with freedom
Power User
Downloaded
35.5 GB
Uploaded
3.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
265 (265)
Member for 7 years
There is a tool when you reboot the computer, all data and Windows will return back to your previous settings.

That also means all traces will be gone if you set the software right. The name of the tool is Deep Freeze.

Good luck!

spiky3mike

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
396.5 GB
Uploaded
3.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Have you looked at the below post?

earthossave

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
182.2 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Good evening,

I come to take note of your information,

I will suddenly get closer to the two software that you offer,

Thank you very much.

kVertix

Downloaded
12 GB
Uploaded
779.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Maybe you could use a "live booting OS" which you can boot from a thumbdrive? There are many, come with lots of essential tools, including a browser and essential drivers to get common hardware working. You simply boot from that thumbdrive, operations are done in RAM so nothing is written on any hard drive.
USB 3.0+ thumbdrive and PC with USB 3.0+ support are recommended since a "live booting OS" takes time to load.
If you wish to know more, simply put "live booting OS" into your search engine to get relevant articles that teach you everything that's popular right now about this topic.

earthossave

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
182.2 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Hello

yes what you tell me @kVertix interests me a lot

Mohic4n

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
55.2 GB
Uploaded
579.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Maybe you could use a "live booting OS" which you can boot from a thumbdrive? There are many, come with lots of essential tools, including a browser and essential drivers to get common hardware working. You simply boot from that thumbdrive, operations are done in RAM so nothing is written on any hard drive.
USB 3.0+ thumbdrive and PC with USB 3.0+ support are recommended since a "live booting OS" takes time to load.
If you wish to know more, simply put "live booting OS" into your search engine to get relevant articles that teach you everything that's popular right now about this topic.
Best option to do whatever you want to wherever you want, without troubling if you will leave any traces ...
Find a lite version OS (most likely Linux distro) to do this. A fast usb flash drive will do the work fast and with no problems.

earthossave

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
182.2 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
@kVertix if you have something you are talking about :)

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
It depends on what you mean by "traces". See the issue here is multifold and a lot more complicated than it seems.

Using portable browsers from a USB will not leave any personal info like, websites visited, cookies or passwords, but there might be traces as some things that need local access to work. For example, very few addons (not all) might leave a trace but if you don't use any addons, then you don't care, otherwise, you might want to search for the specific addon you use. The real question is, so what if an addon leaves a trace? As long as there is no personal info, no one will care and between you and me, someone must look specifically for what you do, in order to find anything which means they know what you are doing. Dont let paranoia hit you. Note here that this depends on the browser you use so you need to search for the specific browser you want to use.

Then again if someone wants to find out what is going on with a PC and they have software that records activity, especially via screen capture, they will see what you do no matter what (except if you boot via livecd) and any good admin worth their salt, they will either restrict USB access or restrict executing a program from USB ( for virus reasons), or have a remote control ready in case they need to access the PC quick, If now USB boot is disabled and bios password set, you can't even have a live cd boot.

So to keep it simple:
1. For simple use, pick a USB portable browser (Example: search for Opera portable browser) and execute via a USB thumb drive. All relative info will stay on USB.
2. Use a virtual machine with your own OS/browser and have it on a USB drive.
3. Use a windows PE live CD (google for more info) with a browser but you have to reboot the PC.
4. Use your own device (tablet for example) if secrecy is a top priority. You can find many cheap ones for browsing only.

Note here: Whatever you will do from USB will be slower than a disk, because USB is not meant to be used in that way and has speed issues when it's to read/write multiple small files (cookies and temp internet files), let alone run a virtual OS.

Now given that this issue is very complex and needs more details, you got enough ideas/info from this thread and you now need to research and test to see which one is better for you. The original question you asked, I believe has been answered.

kVertix

Downloaded
12 GB
Uploaded
779.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
@kVertix if you have something you are talking about :)
Depends on your preference, there are many variants. If you prefer Windows feeling, try Sergei Strelec's WinPE. If you would like to give a Linux distroo a chance, there's PCLinuxOS and Puppy Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.