Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tech News Microsoft is changing the way it updates Windows – and it’s starting to sound like Windows 12 won’t happen

Windows 12 may not be happening after all, or at least that seems to be the way the rumor mill is suddenly tilting – and is also changing how it’ll update its desktop OS in the future, we’re told.

This fresh info comes from Zac Bowden of Windows Central, a well-known leaker on all things Microsoft.

Bowden tells us that the next version of Windows (codenamed Hudson Valley) will be highly AI-focused (quelle surprise) and Microsoft is planning to launch it in September or October 2024 – but the final name is a marketing decision that hasn’t yet been made.

However, the leaker claims that sources inside Microsoft are doubtful as to whether it’ll be Windows 12. The reason? Microsoft is apparently wary of fragmenting the user base further with another release that has a different name – and we totally get where that line of thought is coming from (we’ll return to discuss that shortly).

This doesn’t rule out Windows 12, of course, but it certainly sounds like Microsoft is edging towards sticking with another release of Windows 11 for the next incarnation.

Bowden also chews over purported changes to the way Windows updates are delivered, and sources inside Microsoft have indicated that there’ll be a return to a big annual feature update – with fewer ‘Moment’ (smaller) feature updates.

Currently, we’re getting a raft of Moment updates – we’re up to Moment 4 this year, with a fifth planned for February or March next year – and an annual upgrade (23H2 this year) which was somewhat smaller in terms of its feature count (as lots of features had been introduced with those Moment updates already).

Next year, with fewer Moment updates – we’re told these will still exist, but will be used “sparingly” – the big upgrade for later in 2024 (Hudson Valley) will be a chunkier affair. In short, Microsoft is putting more emphasis on the major annual update going forward, or that’s the theory.

Analysis: Two buckets are better than three​

So, if Microsoft goes the route of making Hudson Valley an all-new release called Windows 12 (or another alternative – Windows AI, maybe), what’s the danger of fragmentation referred to here?

Well, if Windows 12 came out next year, we’d have a bunch of folks leaping to that OS, a bunch still on Windows 11, and a whole load of users still running Windows 10 (stuck behind a hardware upgrade barrier in many cases – either because they don’t have TPM functionality on their PC, or their CPU is too old).

This would be diluting the user base over three buckets instead of two, if you will, which does feel like a clumsy approach, and servicing all this will end up a clunkier, harder-to-manage process, too.

Funnily enough, we just saw a leak suggesting Windows 11 24H2 is incoming, which is what the name of Hudson Valley will doubtless be if Microsoft sticks with Windows 11 – so this lends a bit more weight to the speculation here.

Again, this doesn’t rule out Windows 12, of course – but it is starting to feel somewhat less likely.

kVertix

Downloaded
12 GB
Uploaded
779.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Or maybe they don't have enough goodies or anything too important under the hood to make the next release actually viable. Windows 11 is getting more bloated and slower with each "Moment", and it's all hardbaked, many find it better to stay on Windows 10 while nothing critical forces you to upgrade. 1bl 10 users vs 200m 11 users.
Maybe the next AI focused release will be just for that, requiring "AI hardware" and will not be that useful for average home users. Also the possible requirement of 8GB of RAM by the AI OS will hinder other applications.

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Getting co pilot AI onto as much computers is the priority, rather than a new OS. I'd imagine the future plans for Windows changed when Microsoft got heavily involved with AI and co pilot will become windows yet. I belive that they will go the Apple route and develop their own chips for co pilot too. It will give them a lot of power to have co pilot installed on millions of computers, sucking up data and learning on our electricity bill.

lolsee2

Downloaded
9.9 GB
Uploaded
71.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
It's interesting to see Microsoft's approach to potential fragmentation and their focus on a major annual update. Whether it's Windows 11 or Windows 12, users will likely appreciate a more streamlined update process. Looking forward to seeing how Microsoft navigates these decisions for the future of their desktop OS

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
I think they will go with the new OS route at the end, regardless of the name ( Windows 12 or Windows XII ) mainly cause they can't sell it otherwise. If it's an upgrade of 11, they will have to give it for "free".
Also, its requirements for special chips (AI accelerators or x64 processors with AI extensions, or graphic cards) will confuse people if it's named Win 11 but they won't be able to install or use it fully, but they won't mind if it is named 12 as its a new product.
It is easier to make 2 versions, like Windows XII and Windows XII-A.I., and make more sales.

Regardless, focusing on the name is not as important as its actual content. I am excited to see the new AI features and also, how they will fail as the more people that use those, the more crazy things we will see.

Dont worry about MS using you to train AI (in some cases they will) as you, and I mean all of us, have already done that for Google and other online companies for years now and you didn't even know it. At least MS is honest about that.
If you wonder how let me give you an example:
QcpHCV.jpeg

Every time the StreetView and Google Maps AI were not 100% sure, they would use images as Captcha so we could solve it for them.

The same goes for everything that they couldn't be 100% sure like training the app as to what a sidewalk is or isn't.
QcpFdH.jpeg

Sorry for the sidetracking,

DAMAGED GOODS

Downloaded
13 GB
Uploaded
5.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Very interesting read. Thak You

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
364 (415)
Member for 9 years
@Cyler
I agree with you and especially with this part "Regardless, focusing on the name is not as important as its actual content. I am excited to see the new AI features and also, how they will fail as the more people that use those, the more crazy things we will see."

Downloaded
254.8 GB
Uploaded
351.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Cool news buddy! I hope more updates come

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Super Moderator
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
52.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
254 (262)
Member for 7 years
@Jerry_Xristos So were did the fake Windows 12 isos went to?? lol

Downloaded
40 GB
Uploaded
28.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Omg I just lefted windows 7 went to 10 and they are coming up with 12 ?

RedDove

⭐ VIP
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
118.2 GB
Uploaded
41.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
That was very interesting @Jerry_Xristos , I've just tentatively stepped
my toes into Win11 and all this talk of bulkier updates and AI systems
makes me want to stick with Win10. No thank you to any form of AI
I don't trust it. It's easily abused.

Windows 12 would definitely be too expensive for most windows users
to upgrade to.

I have one question, Why is their updates/upgrades called moments
does it have some hidden meaning?

It probably means I have to have moments of insanity to accept
most of MS updates.

Thanks again my Fam. :)

SnowMonkey

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
248.2 GB
Uploaded
76.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Looking forward to AI to fix my spell check errors, the incomplete auto completes, and those darn graduate exam level captcha's :D

Tonee Lim

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2 TB
Uploaded
21.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
I hope it doesn't turn out like those "Alexas" in South Park;)...when Microsoft dabbles in AI...i just don't see it aligning with privacy and security for the "end user"....but i do hear a lotta "Ka-ching!!!" for the seller :rofl: TYVM for the info Jerry :h::h::h:!!! - ALSO...when it does perfect its AI...I wonder how hard or near impossible it will become to give it's OS "treatments" :nerd:. - maybe it will fully become like a game environment tho...give away for free the OS but riddle it with "microtransactions" for tools and eye-candy stuff...but then if this was the case they would at least be the only overlords and actually invest in the security of the user's account.

I can imagine the benefit of an AI driven OS where with its capability it can personalize each rigs update to make sure anything it updates to is compatible to the rig spec and will not try to install anything that will potentially disturb its most efficient functioning environment of use and access.

Last edited:

Feiyan

Downloaded
82.2 GB
Uploaded
103.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
@Cyler - you just answered one of my biggest tech questions sitting rent-free in my head for the longest time.. :p

I dunno about the next Windows not being called Windows.. I don't mind a new name but but.. :emo: