Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Need Help - Torrent Related

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitverma1113

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
193.9 GB
Uploaded
227.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Dear All,

I am downloading freeleech torrents and seeding them in order to get my ratio and GB upload count to higher level.

when i see freeleech torrent on the website they show like this having leechers so many.

Qk8G1U.png

and other image is of my utorrent.

Qk8Y2n.png

i have highlighted 1st and 3rd torrent file in 2nd image which is showed in 3rd and 1st position in 1st image.

My question is this.

Why i cannot getting leechers. so that they download from my PC also. even after two days of seeding not even 100kb is not being uploaded. while on the website these torrents have most downloaded and leechers.

Am i missing something.

Please guide. Thanks

PS: Also tell me how to choose freeleech torrent so that it can also upload data and not just sitting idle keep seeding and not uploading anything.

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11460 (11460)
Member for 8 years
Just download and seed. Will not affect your ratio. Seed indefinitely and collect bonus points.

TheHarperdragon

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
918.1 GB
Uploaded
157.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
I don't see a problem - you are seeding merrily away (keep it up) and if someone wants what you have, they will add it.

amitverma1113

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
193.9 GB
Uploaded
227.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
If people are downloading these torrents and torrent are peer to peer connection type and website is showing continuous downloading (so many leechers) of this torrent.

why not even a single byte upload from my system.

ALso, does seeting a lot of torrents (in my case 21 seeding currently) affects harddisk.

canton

Downloaded
13.5 GB
Uploaded
326.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
i appreciate your questions as i wonder similarly.

there are popular torrents i seed but get no leechers and no upload bytes credit.
and there are also popular releases where i get fair share of leechers and gain
considerable upload credits.

i can only *guess* why: maybe the peer to peer system looks for connections which
are most efficient so data can move around faster? and maybe such efficiency
depends on our geographical location relative to peers, our torrent client setup,
our internet service provider, and our computer itself, etc?

let's hope some tech gurus here chance upon us to shed the light.

meantime it's okay. even if my seeds don't attract leechers and don't gain upload
credits, i am sure of one thing: just by leaving my inactive torrents *open* they
nevertheless accumulate seeding bonus points automatically!

good luck amitverma.

choli

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2.4 GB
Uploaded
542.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
If people are downloading these torrents and torrent are peer to peer connection type and website is showing continuous downloading (so many leechers) of this torrent.

ALso, does seeting a lot of torrents (in my case 21 seeding currently) affects harddisk.
I think your port isn't forwarded..

You need to forward your port.
So forward your port.

Megaraider

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
24.7 GB
Uploaded
133.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
i can only *guess* why: maybe the peer to peer system looks for connections which
depends on our geographical location relative to peers, our torrent client setup,
Yes, track server will announce all but it's up to the torrent client to decide (mostly based on its own settings).

So forward your port.
Yes, see a similar thread here: https://www.teamos.xyz/threads/no-upload-and-no-open-forwarded-ports.187473/

L3GI0N5

Power User
Downloaded
209.2 GB
Uploaded
4.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
23 (24)
Member for 5 years
Best answer to this issue is get yourself Debrid-Link, you wont be sorry... sometimes it can be NAT issue with your ISP service provider, blocking your incoming ports to protect you from probable risky business.
I have learnt this way its better and easier with them as I also do struggle with people not leeching from me...

amitverma1113

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
193.9 GB
Uploaded
227.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
i appreciate your questions as i wonder similarly.

there are popular torrents i seed but get no leechers and no upload bytes credit.
and there are also popular releases where i get fair share of leechers and gain
considerable upload credits.

let's hope some tech gurus here chance upon us to shed the light.

meantime it's okay. even if my seeds don't attract leechers and don't gain upload
credits, i am sure of one thing: just by leaving my inactive torrents *open* they
nevertheless accumulate seeding bonus points automatically!

good luck amitverma.
Well i live in a well Internet connected city having 100mbps download and 100 upload speed. as well i have a core i5 7th gen cpu.

i think internet speed is sufficient as other torrents get uploaded but some dont

MniawY

• STAFF™ 🌟
Super Moderator
Uploader
Power User
Downloaded
156.5 GB
Uploaded
51 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
104 (102)
Member for 7 years
You Just want To Read More To Have Better Vision About '' What Torrent is ''
when you've free time, just have a look on what @Cyler Wrote Here

Well i live in a well Internet connected city having 100mbps download and 100 upload speed. as well i have a core i5 7th gen cpu.

i think internet speed is sufficient as other torrents get uploaded but some dont
Check your Inbox sir @amitverma1113

amitverma1113

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
193.9 GB
Uploaded
227.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years

So forward your port.
I am sharing full torrent image.

Please tell if port isn,t forwarded then why some torrents upload data and some dont.

check the last torrent as it uploaded a big 4.75gb data.

Qk8Ces.png

MniawY

• STAFF™ 🌟
Super Moderator
Uploader
Power User
Downloaded
156.5 GB
Uploaded
51 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
104 (102)
Member for 7 years
Please tell if port isn,t forwarded then why some torrents upload data and some dont.
maybe those you can't upload with, might have seedboxes or many people who have stronger connections than you, or maybe Torrent is Fully Standing and no one more will download !,i told you, you just need to read more !

Prasant Majhi

Downloaded
56.4 GB
Uploaded
1.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
First of all GOOD WORK for the SEEDING you are absolutely contributing towards the community, do not worry about the leechers just keep seeding @amitverma1113

fantom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
1,589.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years

Qk8Ces.png
Most members do not have open port, and, unfortunately, because many ISP start to use NAT behind NAT cant open/forward it! That's made problem with making swarm and 2 clients with no open port can't communicate!
Basically, that means no seed/leach between them!
I have open port You don`t = I can download/upload from/to You... and that is reason why from time to time You see upload/seed from You to other!

Do not worry about numbers of torrent on seed! Your net speed allowed You much higher numbers! I have it 4.4k+ and no problems at all!
For the HD, especially if its not SSD, keep in mind that is a good habit to have it defragmented!

Last edited:

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
@amitverma1113
Read these tutorials:

canton

Downloaded
13.5 GB
Uploaded
326.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Yes, track server will announce all but it's up to the torrent client to decide (mostly based on its own settings).
Thank you Megaraider for your interesting response.

If it's the torrent client deciding based on it's *own* settings, I wonder if there's anything we can do about those settings to turn torrent traffic to our favor.

Thanks again Megaraider.

canton

Downloaded
13.5 GB
Uploaded
326.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
@amitverma1113
Read these tutorials:
read it. eye-opener. now i can behave.

thanks much for your time chuck.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
This issue has to do with how torrents work internally but also how the internet works with regard to torrents. I will try to keep this simple as its fairly technical:

Your internet speed is one part of the equation of the total speed we have, distance from the destination being the second, and number of hops or intermediate nodes between us and the destination the third.

Torrents use a way of selecting who is going to connect to who, called Biased Neighbor Selection and as you guessed, that method prioritizes the people that are near you or even have the same ISP as you, compared to the people that are far. Now you probably wonder why, and here is where the internet part comes in. Do a speed test with Ookla. Choose a server near your physical location. Now choose a server from any other country and other continents. Try both North and South America, try Africa, and various countries in Europe I think there is a server in both the north and south poles. Write down and notice the difference in speed and ping as your test location gets further away.

The torrent protocol knows what you will see above too. That the further you are, the less speed and the more delay you will have so when it picks who will get connected to who, it always prioritizes people that are near. We also need to remember that this affects the leech peers and not the seed peers as those are the ones that request. Seeds are there only to give upon request.

Another issue is that torrents will often pick not just the closer, but the faster ones, and sadly seed boxes as wisely @MniawY said are way faster than most of us are. You have a 100Mbit upload which is great, but seedboxes can peak at 2.5Gbit with a medium of 500Mbit+.

Finally and to close this, a lot of leechers and seeders have way wrong settings for torrenting, especially for a great number of torrents. For example, the maximum number of connections is often left at the default of 6, which means only 6 people can connect at any given second and so the more torrents you have the less traffic they get per torrent. If you have 3 torrents and 6 connections that is 2 connections per torrent, if you have 30 torrents that is 0.2 connections per torrent and if you host 300 that is 0.02... you get the picture. Similarly for a leech, it will only connect to 3-4 other pers and neglect the rest. Check your own image for that and see that the seeds are way more than the leeches in all of those torrents. Some even have 0 leech and 100 seeders, and some another has 2 leeches and 378 seeders... Offer and demand is a cruel things sometimes.

That is why we give the seed bonuses too (1 point per hour per torrent) to help with such situations.

Now as for a solution, sadly you have to try the popular new torrents and not only the freeleech. New torrents most often, have more leeches and so more chances to upload, but that will last for 2-3 days and then... back to zero, but at least you will have a chance to upload.

I don't think there is more to add to this so... time to close the thread?

Hope it helped.

choli

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2.4 GB
Uploaded
542.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years

Qk8Ces.png

So did your port forwarded or not?

And you misunderstood about port forward..

Forwarding your port will get you a higher chance to become connectable to you.
Hence when you become connectable the easier someone connects to you.
If your port isn't forwarded, it will becoming harder connects to you.

Even your port isn't forwarded, you'll get upload credit but not as many if your port forwarded.
Because your connection becoming harder to connect with someone and your connection becoming lowest priority among other.

CMIIW

And don't forget about seed Bonus Points.
You'll get BP even you're not getting upload credit by seeding.

canton

Downloaded
13.5 GB
Uploaded
326.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
This issue has to do with how torrents work internally but also how the internet works with regard to torrents. I will try to keep this simple as its fairly technical:

Your internet speed is one part of the equation of the total speed we have, distance from the destination being the second, and number of hops or intermediate nodes between us and the destination the third.

Torrents use a way of selecting who is going to connect to who, called Biased Neighbor Selection and as you guessed, that method prioritizes the people that are near you or even have the same ISP as you, compared to the people that are far. Now you probably wonder why, and here is where the internet part comes in. Do a speed test with Ookla. Choose a server near your physical location. Now choose a server from any other country and other continents. Try both North and South America, try Africa, and various countries in Europe I think there is a server in both the north and south poles. Write down and notice the difference in speed and ping as your test location gets further away.

The torrent protocol knows what you will see above too. That the further you are, the less speed and the more delay you will have so when it picks who will get connected to who, it always prioritizes people that are near. We also need to remember that this affects the leech peers and not the seed peers as those are the ones that request. Seeds are there only to give upon request.

Another issue is that torrents will often pick not just the closer, but the faster ones, and sadly seed boxes as wisely @MniawY said are way faster than most of us are. You have a 100Mbit upload which is great, but seedboxes can peak at 2.5Gbit with a medium of 500Mbit+.

Finally and to close this, a lot of leechers and seeders have way wrong settings for torrenting, especially for a great number of torrents. For example, the maximum number of connections is often left at the default of 6, which means only 6 people can connect at any given second and so the more torrents you have the less traffic they get per torrent. If you have 3 torrents and 6 connections that is 2 connections per torrent, if you have 30 torrents that is 0.2 connections per torrent and if you host 300 that is 0.02... you get the picture. Similarly for a leech, it will only connect to 3-4 other pers and neglect the rest. Check your own image for that and see that the seeds are way more than the leeches in all of those torrents. Some even have 0 leech and 100 seeders, and some another has 2 leeches and 378 seeders... Offer and demand is a cruel things sometimes.

That is why we give the seed bonuses too (1 point per hour per torrent) to help with such situations.

Now as for a solution, sadly you have to try the popular new torrents and not only the freeleech. New torrents most often, have more leeches and so more chances to upload, but that will last for 2-3 days and then... back to zero, but at least you will have a chance to upload.

I don't think there is more to add to this so... time to close the thread?

Hope it helped.
well, a mouthful for a newbie me.

i'll keep a copy for long digestion.

thanks much for your valued time, cyler.

Status
Not open for further replies.