Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked No upload and no open/forwarded ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

goguvangogh

Downloaded
237.2 GB
Uploaded
4.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Hi all!
So recently my ISP upgraded my internet connection to 1GB fiber optics. That's fine with me, I enjoy this awesome speed, it's just that since then I can't figure out why all my ports are closed for forwarding, so my torrent seeding doesn't bring me any upload values... I'm able to download, but there's no upload...
I checked my AV and the ports are clear for scanning.
I'm really mad, since I can't get to the bottom of this nuisance. Also, the whole networking realm is practically Chinese to me...
I'm reluctant in assigning static IP's, since this has never been a problem before.
I hope and pray someone will come to my aid.

THX a lot & God bless!!

P.S. I also tried all kinds of random ports, starting from 49000 to 65000. Doesn't work...
Also, some guy from the ISP called me one day to inform me he updated the router's firmware remotely in order to add some security to the whole connection...

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
You would have to open the ports from your ISP's router.
If you search Google or YouTube you will find many tutorials on how to do it, even if you search for the brand and model of your router + ISP you can get to know the Administrator keys necessary to open ports.

It is no use having the ports open in your OS and firewall if they are closed in your router. :)

Megaraider

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
24.7 GB
Uploaded
133.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
The standard BitTorrent port range is was from 6881-6889. But The best port for uTorrent is anything above 10000 to 65534. But be aware that from 1024 to 49151 are Reserved Ports.
Therefore the best choice is to a port from 49152 to 65534!

From image 01.jpg you attached click on "Run Tests" (bottom center button).
A result of “Connection failed error: Timed out (10060)” and “Port is not open (you are still able to download)”. These last seems to be your case!
A router or firewall could be blocking specific ports. Or “Automatic Port Mapping” could be disabled on your router.

In this event follow the above post suggestion from @juanamm

Finally, to check if your port forwarding is setup correctly and if your server application utorrent port is seen by others from your external IP address,
visit any suitable webpage on your webrowser, e.g.:
Code:
https://canyouseeme.org/
https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

goguvangogh

Downloaded
237.2 GB
Uploaded
4.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
You would have to open the ports from your ISP's router.
If you search Google or YouTube you will find many tutorials on how to do it, even if you search for the brand and model of your router + ISP you can get to know the Administrator keys necessary to open ports.

It is no use having the ports open in your OS and firewall if they are closed in your router. :)
Yeap! Thought so!
Thx for your time and responsiveness, guys!
Will try that!
Hopefully it's not a job too hard for a baked potato like me:)

Last edited:

goguvangogh

Downloaded
237.2 GB
Uploaded
4.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
The standard BitTorrent port range is was from 6881-6889. But The best port for uTorrent is anything above 10000 to 65534. But be aware that from 1024 to 49151 are Reserved Ports.
Therefore the best choice is to a port from 49152 to 65534!

From image 01.jpg you attached click on "Run Tests" (bottom center button).
A result of “Connection failed error: Timed out (10060)” and “Port is not open (you are still able to download)”. These last seems to be your case!
A router or firewall could be blocking specific ports. Or “Automatic Port Mapping” could be disabled on your router.

In this event follow the above post suggestion from @juanamm

Finally, to check if your port forwarding is setup correctly and if your server application utorrent port is seen by others from your external IP address,
visit any suitable webpage on your webrowser, e.g.:
Code:
https://canyouseeme.org/
https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/
And many thx to you too pal!
Last night I went to bed at 2 am. Just got up and went straight to the forum :)
The router's brans is unknown to me and was provided by the ISP itself - FiberHome...

goguvangogh

Downloaded
237.2 GB
Uploaded
4.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
I knew there had to be someone smarter then me and I'm glad I was right:clap::)
Many thx! But first I must get me some coffee:rofl:

LE Took a picture of the back panel. Gonna start looking for info on this.

Last edited:

goguvangogh

Downloaded
237.2 GB
Uploaded
4.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Managed to enter the router's configuration and added successfully port no. 62191, which was indicated to be listening, so I assumed it's free.
However, after testing the network setting in the torrent setup it showed no communication again...
Should I power off the router and then restart it and check if the port forward settings were saved?

LE Switched off the router and restarted, still no comm after testing, although my port forwarding was saved...

Last edited:

goguvangogh

Downloaded
237.2 GB
Uploaded
4.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
GOT IT!

UPnP has to be enabled in the router settings.
Also the local port range: 6881-6889.

THX again for your help guys!
Hope this thread will be of use to other members who are struggling with the same issue!

Router is a wireless FiberHome SR1041Y.

Status
Not open for further replies.