Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Page not found & unregistered torrent

Nic410

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
269.5 GB
Uploaded
20.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
So there's this combo of "Page not found" & "unregistered torrent".
Some recent torrents were removed due to reasons that are not related to safety, actually was about abusing the site.
But I learned this from asking the admins because, who can I ask. But fair enough, I was given a good answer.

Today I found time to re-add the torrents that I had in a previous PC to the current one and find that some torrents are unregistered. Ok, I look at them and they seem fine, as far as this site's requests ( call them requirements ). So if the requirements are met but the torrent got unregistered, what Is the reason.

I'll give an example. I save the number of the link entry. "85097", I'd go to "https://www.teamos.xyz/threads/.85097" and get to the thread. Is a simple way to keep tabs on what goes where for me. I add it to the torrent file "[TeamOS.85097]" itself.
I save the torrent on "D:\TeamOS.85097\" and I know where it came from.
On this example, there is no information of what is the reason of the disappearance and nothing looks bad.
@XenDev, I was hoping that a redirect to a rules page can be placed to hint the users of the forum the main reason for it's demise. So this "/.85097/" would redirect to a page#anchor with a list of offences ( site abuse/version depreciated/lacking seeders/malware/other reasons ), each with an anchor. ( just an idea, it could be any way y'all feel is better )
The admins would need an interface to make it functional, hence the request has to be directed to you, as only you can code it as far as I know.
Hopefully you can see the code in your head as a simple implementation. I think is a good idea. Thanks

choli

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2.4 GB
Uploaded
542.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Unregistered torrent means the staff already deleted that particular torrent.
So you don't need to load that particular torrent again into your client.

For "Page not Found"
From my understanding, you want a log feature about why something was deleted.
Is that correct?

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
Page not found means that the page no longer exists, or that it never did.
Your example has a relatively low thread number so I am not surprised that an old page has gone.

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
Nope, what he is asking is more on a redirect pagination and the redirect to itself. In to code would be quick, given the understanding the themes are minimalistic and the xml barfing of this forum too is not beyond 5-10 lines per theme, including arrays

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
Sounds like more work for staff for very little gain.

Nic410

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
269.5 GB
Uploaded
20.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Sounds like more work for staff for very little gain.
I beg to differ. Code wise is not difficult. It leaves a trace of whatever happened to that thread. The example given was just an example. "138044" or "85097" or .. just examples.
Users would not bother admins with questions as the redirect would hint the reason for the fate of the posting.
I strongly believe that it would be a welcomed implementation. At least for those who follow the developments on what is been shared. Or just paranoid like me :)

Nic410

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
269.5 GB
Uploaded
20.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Your example has a relatively low thread number so I am not surprised that an old page has gone.
"81681" is even lower, yet holds great value if you are in need of that in particular.
I really hope some of you ( admins and above ) vote favorably to the idea.