Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Solved Question for Admins who Maintain the Ratio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elzer

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
144.5 GB
Uploaded
3.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
33 (32)
Member for 7 years
Yesterday at 3:51 PM I created and uploaded a thread:

Call of Duty: WWII RePack_TeamOS.

User @edge37 started sharing and had an initial ratio of 31.60. The ratio he achieved by splitting up to the moment of the screenshot is: 10.26 and next... The ratio on his profile shows 32.01, which means that the ratio on his profile doesnt register the actual ratio he achieved by splitting threads. Such cases have been noticed earlier on other threads where the Ratio on the user's profile doesnt save the actual number of ratios shown in the user's sharing statistics on the thread. Is it a problem with the ratio registration or something else?

QwCwGj.jpeg

I have no intention of offending or provoking anyone, and if its my mistake, i ask one of the Admins to explain it to us. Thanks!

Last edited:

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
The ratio is working fine. The issue here is a misunderstanding of what you see on the account info and what you see on the torrent page.

The ratio we see on the account info is the ratio from the total of all the uploads and all downloads across all torrents that one downloaded since the creation of the account.
The ratio on the individual torrent is only for the specific torrent,

So if we re-examine Edge:
In your torrent, he downloaded 47.4 GB and shared 486 GB so 10 times more and that is what we see in his ratio for the torrent 10.26 (486.6 GB / 47.4 GB = 10.26) ✅
On his total stats, he has downloaded 675 GB and uploaded 21 600 GB (21.1 TB) so 21600.6 GB / 675 GB =32.01 which is the exact ratio of his account as per the image you shared.✅

You can also tell by looking at your stats.
Because you are the initial seeder on your torrent, your ratio on that torrent is -- (infinite) as you didn't download anything, and you can't have a division by zero. but your average is 23.23 at the time I write this.

Hope it helped.

Last edited:

Elzer

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
144.5 GB
Uploaded
3.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
33 (32)
Member for 7 years
Thank you, it's all hard to figure out, i just don't want the sharing user to be harmed. Is there a possibility that the name "Ratio" on the torrent page will be replaced by another name, because i believe none of the users make a difference between "Ratio on the torrent page" and "Total Ratio on the profile"??! I believe it is confusing for all our users.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
I dont think there is a need as it's pretty clear. The ratio on the torrent is about the torrent, that ratio on the account is about the account and the same is true for the download rate, upload rate, time, etc.
I believe If we use a different word, like proportion, balance, etc, it might actually confuse people more, cause Ratio is the word that is also used on their torrent client.

Note here that the Ratio value is not stored but is recalculated based on upload and download values, so its extremely unlikely to ever be wrong, unless someone messes up the math in the code but then it will be wrong for everyone.

Elzer

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
144.5 GB
Uploaded
3.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
33 (32)
Member for 7 years