Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Regarding Download/Upload Ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockomini

Downloaded
17.4 GB
Uploaded
18.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Hello everyone,

If this post is not in the right section, please feel free to move it to the appropriate place.

I've been downloading torrents and attempting to seed them, but I'm struggling to keep my ratio balanced. Despite my efforts, my upload speed is non-existent, as shown in the image I've shared.

What steps can I take to improve my upload speed and effectively contribute to seeding?

Quetzalcoatl

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
265.3 GB
Uploaded
504 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
I feel you, and it is a common misconception that seeding equals upload.

Seeding ≠ Ratio Increase [Always, if not, mostly. Unless the torrent you are seeding is in high demand in downloads]

Seeding = Seedbonus
Seedbonus = Upload Credit
Upload Credit = Ratio Increase

Thus, Seeding = Ratio Increase. 😜😜😜

Seeding means ready to share if asked.

Seeding = Fire Fighters, they are always on standby but once someone is need, they jump into action. Just like that, your file is on standby but if someone asks for that specific file, you will be able to upload depending on the number of peers and your location from the leecher. [The Best way to describe this would be having two fire station in a single locality, even though both are always ready to serve, the nearest fire station from an accident zone will be the first to send its fighters to the location]

Then you may ask, then what's the point of seeding if noone is downloading. To tackle that issue, is where seedbonus comes. For every single torrent that you keep on seeding for more than 60 minutes, you get 1 seedbonus. As long as you keep the system on and keep on seeding, you will be accumulating seedbonus.

Using that accumulated seedbonus, you can go to My bonus page [Under Torrent tab in the top menu] and exchange them for upload credits, which will increase your ratio.

Last edited:

pascalwil

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
36.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
And furthermore if no one is downloading what you're seeding, this seeding will be the way to fulfill the other requirement to escape from hit and run, that is 3 days of seeding.

Hope I'm clear!

Cheers

Rockomini

Downloaded
17.4 GB
Uploaded
18.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Thank You!, I will try my level best to maintain my ratio's.

Status
Not open for further replies.