Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Remove windows 10 key

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
So I recently installed a pirated version of Windows 10 which is pre activated. I decided that I want to use a genuine key so I tried to format it but windows is still activated even after a fresh install. According to google the key was "infused" with the motherboard. Is there a way to delete the key from the motherboard or what ? Thanks :)

choli

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2.4 GB
Uploaded
542.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Just use 'Change Product Key' under settings.

Settings > Activation > 'Change Product Key'

But i have no idea if this step works.
Give it a try..

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
tried and failed.. :S thanks for help anyway

i used kmspico for activation, is that program safe ?

PsyTom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
502.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Hey, thanks for fast answer, PsyTom :)

I will try that solution as soon as possible.
btw, maybe stupid question, my windows is now activated, and as you sad BIOS key can't be deleted, so actually, right now i have totally "legal" windows, i mean Microsoft see my windows as activated-copy, right? so actually, i'm safe right now, i don't have any cracked program on my pc?

because, when i reinstall my windows, i again get windows activated totally, without installing any Medicines to activate windows.

PsyTom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
502.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years

btw, maybe stupid question, my windows is now activated, and as you sad BIOS key can't be deleted, so actually, right now i have totally "legal" windows, i mean Microsoft see my windows as activated-copy, right? so actually, i'm safe right now, i don't have any cracked program on my pc?

because, when i reinstall my windows, i again get windows activated totally, without installing any Medicines to activate windows.
It's only if you want to use the genuine key or any key of your choice, for whatever reasons, it's up to you.
also, do let us know if you're done with the solution, so the thread could be closed.

choli

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2.4 GB
Uploaded
542.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
tried and failed.. :S thanks for help anyway

i used kmspico for activation, is that program safe ?
It is safe.
But if you have a genuine windows key, why do you need kmspico?
Use your genuine licensed.

Legal or not, it depends how much did you 'pay' for your windows 10 licensed?
The price for a genuine FPP windows 10 pro license approximately US$300.
Anything less than that, i don't think its a legal one.

Last edited:

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
367 (419)
Member for 9 years
You have used a digital activation thats why your serial number is saved at bios.
From the moment your windows is activated why do you want to change it and insert another serial number?
Microsoft can't see if you are using your genuine key or not, it sees that windows are activated and thats it.
You can update your system can't you.
Why bothering?

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
@jashonshabzz123, I totally agree with @Jerry_Xristos , if you have used a digital license it will be linked to your hardware, you would have to change MOBO to be able to install another license.

This same question was asked many times in the Microsoft Community and none of the attendees gave a different solution than the one we have shared here.

If Windows is activated I would not worry about this issue anymore.

If out of curiosity you want to know what type of license you have (OEM, Retail, volume license) enter CMD as administrator and type this simple command:

Code:
slmgr /dli

Most likely you have a Retail license like the one I have.

QkmrVs.png

If you want to know what each of the licenses is about, go to Google and search: different types of Microsoft Windows 10 licenses.

I hope I've helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.