Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Seeding a torrent from a different machine that did not initially download it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloaded
1.4 GB
Uploaded
16.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
I'm currently seeding from my laptop, but I would like to transfer the .torrent file over to my rpi and seed from there. Is there anything I have to worry about regarding being registered as a hit & run or flagged in any way?

Jerry_Xristos

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
365 (416)
Member for 9 years
If you seed for a total of 3 days hit and run issues will be removed automatically if you got any.
So no need to worry about that if you are seeding, and following the rules.

RedDove

ā­ VIP
Power User
āœ… Verified Member
Downloaded
118.2 GB
Uploaded
42.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
I have done that, transferred some of my files from the PC it was
downloaded to, for them to continue seeding on a laptop and everything worked
out, I received no hit and run warning.
@phosphosphorus, you seem to know what you're doing
so I'm sure everything worked out fine. :)

Cyler

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
āš”OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
As long as you do the "procedure" right, there will be no issues. Move the torrents along with the .torrent files at the new location, load the .torrent, and point to where the data are stored. If you do it right, you will see your client do a hash check and then it will go to seed mode directly, if you don't do it right, you will start downloading instead and those data will count towards your download credit.

I suggest trying on a single small torrent first if you haven't done this in the past after searching the net on how to transfer a torrent from one PC to another, and when successful go for the rest of the torrents.

Nothing else to add here so the thread will close.

Status
Not open for further replies.