Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked solution for Remote desktop services licensing activation and errors for windows server 2022?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumaranil13k

Downloaded
396.3 GB
Uploaded
255.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
solution for Remote desktop services licensing activation and errors for windows server 2022?

i am trying remote desktop services in terminals buts its giving warning for 120 days

jJW6N.png

and notification for configuring and activation when i activated the remote desktop services clients stopped working and asking for license key i tried but codnt find solution to make for 100 users atleast its showing currently 0 users .how to resolve the issue?

fAhRe.png

now its asking for licence to install and asking for licence keys any way to bypass it

abdLu.png

hyyyu.png

MX59B.png

any way to bypass it

Jerry_Xristos

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
366 (418)
Member for 9 years
Check for how long yourwindows server build is activated for?
I think you can activated for 180 days, thats why this shows up to RD.
Re-activating your windows again will solve the problem but for 180 days again.

hamabe

: It's that time again : ļ½”ļ¾Ÿļ½„ (>ļ¹<) ļ½„ļ¾Ÿļ½”
Power User
āœ… Verified Member
Downloaded
435.9 GB
Uploaded
37.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
If you have purchased a legitimate license, why not contact Azure commercial support?

If you are using Eval edition, use generic volume license key to enable 180 day trial.

Check if the installed edition is Eval instead of Standard version,
if not Eval convert to Standard then use your license to activate it.

Cyler

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
āš”OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
I believe that the user is referring to RDP CALs (Remote Desktop Session Client Access License) and this is the part that most new Windows Server users/admins have an issue. I will try to be brief as this is a VERY complicated subject

Activation doesn't mean a License. Those 2 things are different. Think of Windows Server as many programs in one package.
* The main Windows (the operating system) we all know
* The various Server components that are known as roles. For example, you can have a server with an AD role, DNS role, file storage role, e-mail role, Hyper-V role, Printer server role, and so on.

Activation covers ONLY the server portion (the one you install on server hardware), setting the AD and various server roles, and gives 2 CALs for local admins. For every other User and/or PC (depending on cal) that you want to be able to connect to the server and use the various roles, you must buy CALs from MS. Windows server allows a grace period of 120 days to which you will not need a license (google on how to set it) but after that, your options are to buy CALs or reset the grace period.

Now if you check on the net, you may find some "bypasses", for example, there is a modified TERMSRV.DLL that allows the use of RDP without CALs for 2012 and 2016 but, I would not trust such solutions for a real Server of a company or education center that wants 100 users to use the server. Those tricks are nice for test and personal lab environments but not for real work servers. On actual servers, it's easy to be found and pay HUGE fines, and you risk losing access if any updates break whatever method you will use to bypass CALs.

Please understand that the above is a very simplified explanation and license and CALs for Windows server is very complicated but also flexible subject and depend on many things, starting from the type of server, the number of clients you want to support, and even the number of cores the server has. You better do a search online or talk to an MS Server admin you may know to explain further and in detail.

Hope it helped

Last edited:

Kumaranil13k

Downloaded
396.3 GB
Uploaded
255.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Check for how long yourwindows server build is activated for?
I think you can activated for 180 days, thats why this shows up to RD.
Re-activating your windows again will solve the problem but for 180 days again.
through Microsoft-Activation-Scripts-master 1.8 its activated for 3478 days but Domain RD group policy installed later...i tried to rerun the script still its didnt patched the remote desktop licence

Kumaranil13k

Downloaded
396.3 GB
Uploaded
255.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
I believe that the user is referring to RDP CALs (Remote Desktop Session Client Access License) and this is the part that most new Windows Server users/admins have an issue. I will try to be brief as this is a VERY complicated subject

Activation doesn't mean a License. Those 2 things are different. Think of Windows Server as many programs in one package.
* The main Windows (the operating system) we all know
* The various Server components that are known as roles. For example, you can have a server with an AD role, DNS role, file storage role, e-mail role, Hyper-V role, Printer server role, and so on.

Activation covers ONLY the server portion (the one you install on server hardware), setting the AD and various server roles, and gives 2 CALs for local admins. For every other User and/or PC (depending on cal) that you want to be able to connect to the server and use the various roles, you must buy CALs from MS. Windows server allows a grace period of 120 days to which you will not need a license (google on how to set it) but after that, your options are to buy CALs or reset the grace period.

Now if you check on the net, you may find some "bypasses", for example, there is a modified TERMSRV.DLL that allows the use of RDP without CALs for 2012 and 2016 but, I would not trust such solutions for a real Server of a company or education center that wants 100 users to use the server. Those tricks are nice for test and personal lab environments but not for real work servers. On actual servers, it's easy to be found and pay HUGE fines, and you risk losing access if any updates break whatever method you will use to bypass CALs.

Please understand that the above is a very simplified explanation and license and CALs for Windows server is very complicated but also flexible subject and depend on many things, starting from the type of server, the number of clients you want to support, and even the number of cores the server has. You better do a search online or talk to an MS Server admin you may know to explain further and in detail.

Hope it helped
@Cyler yes ur 500% right. its true that the windows sevrer and add on roles is totally different and apart and windows for remote desktop clients sells CALS license to. but the education centers school managements dont have technical knowledge and they are novice and even they dont know difference between windows clients sever or even domain group policy they are not ready to purchase original windows server then how come they will purchase CALs licence if the company is using evaluation versions then why will they purchase the originals.

i know Microsoft-Activation-Scripts-master 1.8 but it didnt worked it only patchs windows not the remote desktop licence do any such scripts work for remote desktop i saw github rdwrap but iot worked for windows 7 8 10 & 11 not for server
Code:
https://github.com/stascorp/rdpwrap?search=1
if you have knowledge which works for windows server 2022 then kindly share .....now the case of bypassing, there are some registry setting ddl if you any kindly share the link i googled i coundt find any.

@Cyler thank you for sharing your knowledge time and reading and answering thanks a lot bro

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyler

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
āš”OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
@Cyler yes ur 500% right. its true that the windows sevrer and add on roles is totally different and apart and windows for remote desktop clients sells CALS
Most welcome :)
The way I see it is you can downgrade to 2 x Server Essential (50 PCs each) cause MS Server Essential does NOT require CALs. Because 2022 is kinda new, I dont think there is a "fix" for that out yet, and when I looked for a friend some time ago, the latest I did see was for 2012 and 2016.

Honestly, tho, you as an IT (I guess?) should tell them of the cost and possible issues. That way if they don't want to pay, they can't blame you at a later time, and they need to remember that for academics (which MS does discounts anyway) the cost won't be as much as for a normal company. They can always use Linux or use older servers where you can find some sort of fix for CALs (but do validate before saying it works).

Wish you the best of luck.

SenorFrog

Power User
āœ… Verified Member
Downloaded
33.1 GB
Uploaded
3.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
My one cent here and to back up @Cyler statement.
The "rdpwrap" fix is not permanent, the files most likelyt be updated on on the next OS update, having to re-apply the fix again.
Also there are different types of licenses that I know of, Per seat and Machine licenses, M$ sales reps can provided pricing that best meet the requirements. It will cost less to get licenses purchase then getting a fine which can be really high.

Status
Not open for further replies.