Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tutorials TeamOS Guidance For Users With Ratio or Hit and Run Warnings

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
warning-icon-png-2771.png

8eed6b343d0ddbc9febb326980779736b1249e34da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd8070991f0a2f0f36593d35fb6e2a7f4480ed5.gif

You are viewing this page because
Your ratio is less than 0.4 or you have 3 Hit and Runs

You need to fix the issues before you can continue to download from our site.
In order to do so, here is what you can do

What can I do to fix my ratio?
Low ratio means you gave back to the community less than 40% of what you took. Torrents are based on all of us sharing what we download.
There are currently 4 methods and you can use any or even all 4 of them if you choose so.

1. Seed everything you have downloaded
to earn bonus points and to improve your ratio. Seed for as long as possible.
If you need to, you can download your previous .torrent files again. Read How to start seeding again if you no longer have the .torrent files.
Read What are seed bonus points & why you need them.
Read How to Improve Your Ratio.

2. Download freeleech torrents (suggested),
let them seed for several hours/days to gain some uploaded GB, and also build seed bonus points.

3. Exchange your Seedbonus points for uploaded GB.
Do it .

4. or to have fewer worries and also support our site.
5. After you fix your ratio you have to wait 24 hours or more before you get your download rights back.

What can I do to fix my Hit and Runs?
Hit and Run: indicates that you downloaded torrents (hit) but as soon as the torrent finished you didn't seed back to others, but rather disconnected or stopped (run).
To fix Hit and Runs you need to do the following:

1. Each torrent must be seeded for at least 72 hours or until it has a 1:1 ratio, whichever happens first.
1:1 ratio means that the amount of GB downloaded equals the amount uploaded.

2. In case you dont want/can't seed, you can use your Seed Bonus Points or Uploaded Gb Balance to zap them (make them disappear) and continue downloading.
You are allowed a maximum of 3 Hit&Runs total at which point your torrent downloading rights will be revoked until the issue is resolved.
You must fix all your hit & runs and then wait 24 hours before you get your download permissions back.

3. If you have lost your .torrent files then read How to start seeding again if you no longer have the .torrent files.

4. If you have hit & runs, first you must fix ALL of them. Then you must wait 24 hours to get your download permissions back.

5. If you still don't understand then read Why Do I Have Hit & Runs?

What NOT TO DO to fix your Ratio or Hit & Runs?
We know that at a point, some members will try to get "smart" and will try to circumvent or bypass the ratio system.
We give every way possible to help you out (freeleech torrents and events, allow you to download past torrents to seed, seed bonus points) but you need to put some effort into it too.
The life and speed of a torrent is depended on our members. If we all resolve into "tricks" we simply hurt ourselves and the community. So here is a list of what NOT to do.

1. DO NOT make additional accounts.
We only allow 1 account per member. if you go to the effort of registering, might as well put that same effort into seeding.
2. DO NOT give or ask for the .torrent file from other members.
You must absolutely NEVER do that.
Each torrent has your unique ID.
If you give it to others, whatever they do will be credited to your account. Furthermore, if they do something "bad" your account will also get banned.
3. DO NOT ask/harass uploaders for direct links when your ratio is low.
Uploaders choose how they want to share the files and no one is to ask them otherwise or ask other members to upload it somewhere for them.

If you fix your Ratio and or Your Hit and Runs it may take up to 24 hours for your download permissions to be restored.

So Please be patient. It's an automated process. Do not make unnecessary Tickets or Threads for Help. Thank You!

If you are not sure what the above means or want to learn more about torrents please click and visit the torrent guide below for more details.

Remember, torrent speed and availability is based on all of us sharing what we downloaded.

Last edited:

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
This page is brought to you by @Cyler and @Charlie_Grimes.
We have not locked it so if you have a suggestion to make the page better, please post it here.

When it is fully implemented, users with ratio or hit & run warnings will be redirected to a copy of this page.

This is NOT a support page for people with ratio or hit & run problems.
If you have a H&R problem or a ratio problem then ask for help elsewhere.

Last edited:

hsb123

Downloaded
74.1 GB
Uploaded
219.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Great job @Chuck ... Much needed guide in a brief... Thank you once again!!!

Last edited:

fantom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
1,586.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years

Charlie_Grimes /no problems buddy, I want to delete it myself when I saw Your second post/

Thank You for this one! I hope it will help to reduce similar posts on Chit-Chat board

LeoRed

Downloaded
30.8 GB
Uploaded
871.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Excellent!
Some new users download without thoroughly reading the guidelines and restrictions, which is why the majority of them get caught up in this type of situation.

In any case, this will benefit all people who read important articles in this forum.

Yash Dedhia

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
139.4 GB
Uploaded
679.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Amazing post.. loved the concept so users can be directly redirected to this post with above warnings.. will stop unecessary ques regarding the same ..

ph4nt0m

D4RK SH4D0W
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
689.1 GB
Uploaded
10.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
If this is not a support page and if they cant share problem with H&R and low ratio related then what is use of this page ? and what does it mean "You are viewing this page because Your ratio is low or you have 40 Hit and Runs" i dnt hve H&R

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
If this is not a support page and if they cant share problem with H&R and low ratio related then what is use of this page ? and what does it mean "You are viewing this page because Your ratio is low or you have 40 Hit and Runs" i dnt hve H&R
We have a new page for people with ratio problems or hit and runs. This announcement is bringing it to your attention.
It's in the announcement forum to make people aware that it has been added to the site.
It is not saying that everyone who chooses to come here to read site annoucements has too many hit and runs.

The thread title is "New page for users with ratio or hit and run warnings". That means that, if you don't have warnings, then you won't be forced to view it.
If you don't have warnings then not everything on it applies to you, although most of the advice given is good advice for everyone.

This announcement thread is unlocked so that people can give constructive criticism about the rules and guidelines that the new page provides.

It's use is that people with ratio or H&R problems will automatically be redirected to a copy of this page. I can't tell you exactly how that will work because we are still finalising the details.
It tells them what to do to get their download rights back.
In future, if someone says "Help me with my ratio" then I will simply redirect them to a copy of this page. It says all the things that I repeat almost daily on peoples profiles, in chat and in othe forums.

We already have plenty of ways for people to ask for help but, if they have seen this page, we hope they won't need to ask.

Last edited:

Mr. MacT

Downloaded
17.1 GB
Uploaded
51.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
@Charlie_Grimes Well done! Hopefully helps new members keep eye out.

fantom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
1,586.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
We have a new page for people with ratio problems or hit and runs. This announcement is bringing it to your attention.
It's in the announcement forum to make people aware that it has been added to the site.
It is not saying that everyone who chooses to come here to read site annoucements has too many hit and runs.

The thread title is "New page for users with ratio or hit and run warnings". That means that, if you don't have warnings, then you won't be forced to view it.
If you don't have warnings then not everything on it applies to you, although most of the advice given is good advice for everyone.

This announcement thread is unlocked so that people can give constructive criticism about the rules and guidelines that the new page provides.

It's use is that people with ratio or H&R problems will automatically be redirected to a copy of this page. I can't tell you exactly how that will work because we are still finalising the details.
It tells them what to do to get their download rights back.
In future, if someone says "Help me with my ratio" then I will simply redirect them to a copy of this page. It says all the things that I repeat almost daily on peoples profiles, in chat and in othe forums.

We already have plenty of ways for people to ask for help but, if they have seen this page, we hope they won't need to ask.

I just hope that I shall see that page in real life .... at least one time :giggle:
Design of page is simply :inlove:

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
I just hope that I shall see that page in real life .... at least one time :giggle:
Design of page is simply :inlove:
Be careful what you wish for.
I'm sure that I can find someone who can set your ratio to 0. ;):D

Cyler did the page layout.:clap:

fantom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
1,586.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Be careful what you wish for.
I'm sure that I can find someone who can set your ratio to 0. ;):D

Cyler did the page layout.:clap:

Oh comeonnn , I just want to "see that page" :giggle: not to work again to achieve this ratio :banghead: ... And Yes, I know that You Can do it :makeup::inlove:

EDIT: Thanks to @Cyler too ❤️??

Last edited:

Dineshiro

Downloaded
23.8 GB
Uploaded
801 MB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
thank you for advice ...

ZeLimB

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
125.2 GB
Uploaded
1.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
hi read and well taken

FrostyOSX

Banned
Downloaded
24.7 GB
Uploaded
6.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
I don't think this method is balanced, especially in the Seed bonus.

Even if you spend days uploading, your Ratio will always be low because you depend on other people to download the torrent.

Cagetestereapp

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
450.6 GB
Uploaded
8.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
^^^ The group which are having issue to mainten ratio is minority in community . Often those members have only one or two torrent for seeding and sometimes they do Hit & Run .
I mam very glad that the community after every single day getting bigger and bigger.

Welcome and good luck!

countygump

Downloaded
40.2 GB
Uploaded
30 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Took me a while to ''cotton on'' to how the whole ''seeding'' thing works but I'm getting there now and desperately trying to repair my own ''rating''. Many thanks for the guidance page that I (eventually) found. Good jobs lads, well done!

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
I don't think this method is balanced, especially in the Seed bonus.

Even if you spend days uploading, your Ratio will always be low because you depend on other people to download the torrent.
The TeamOS rules are very relaxed compared to most other private torrent sites.
I can't think of any other site that I have seen that has a ratio requirement as low as 0.4 AND a seed bonus system AND 5GB of upload credit to get you started.

If you were a commited member you wouldn't spend days uploading, you would spend weeks or months uploading.

countygump

Downloaded
40.2 GB
Uploaded
30 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
The TeamOS rules are very relaxed compared to most other private torrent sites.
I can't think of any other site that I have seen that has a ratio requirement as low as 0.4 and a seed bonus system.

If you were a commited member you wouldn't spend days uploading, you would spend weeks or months uploading.
As I understand it, Mr Grimes, (and I could be wrong, I often am), even if you spend days ''uploading'' and there's no-one on the other end ''downloading'', you still receive points for the time you spend actually ''uploading''? That's the way I interpreted the rules, but as I say, I could well be wrong? OK, it may well be a slow but steady way of building up your ratio, but if you download newish builds over 5G, (which you're still allowed to do even with a ratio as pish poor as mine), you're pretty much guaranteed there'll be someone on the other end of it when you are seeding. You have to take into consideration that a lot of content on this site is free so some sort of payback is to be expected. Besides, you're only being ask to leave your computer on, it's hardly dragging Sarsens to Stonehenge, is it?

abulweew

Downloaded
12.8 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Meny thanks for these informations ........ .