Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Unable to type anything in Alexa, Edge and Skype Search Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjreddy

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Hi, I am using windows 10 PC. Recently i did some changes in my registry files or something when some issues occurred in my pc, i don't even remember what changes i did. I did as per some random online guide.

But after that My search fields typing feature is not working seems like its disabled for below
Alexa search field

I can paste anything and search but unable to type anything , do you guys have any idea on this? or anyone faced such issues here?

Uncle Mac

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
305.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
Never ever bother registry unless your a Pro.
Save your files and reinstall Windows..
Headache over and lesson learned

kjreddy

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
i will wait for some more time , lets if someone have a fix for that

Uncle Mac

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
305.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
i will wait for some more time , lets if someone have a fix for that
Yes please do wait..

blackhair

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
i have the same problem. I cant use my search box from the start since install the os

Cyler

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
āš”OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
From the description of your problem(s) it sounds like the changes you tried, disabled some of the features that Windows 10 has like skype, search and index services, etc. I'm not going to be too technical about it since it will confuse you more than it will help you, but without more information as to the nature of the changes, we cant help much either. To be honest, there are 2 things you can try.

1. Use system restore (if still functioning) and restore your system to a date just before you made those changes. That will revert those changes and will get back your windows OS to the previous working state (more info by googling, "windows 10 system restore"

2. As MacGyver said, backup your files and.... reinstall and be careful next time on what you see on the internet. Better ask before you try anything. Don't worry much about mistakes tho, that's how we all learned.

In the future, read the full description of what the OS you download removes, or what the registry or other changes you apply do. Research a bit (or even ask here) as to what those things do or don't do and how they affect your system (performance vs usability etc), No shame in asking info and remember, there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers :p

Mr. Spacely

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11340 (11340)
Member for 8 years
1. Use system restore (if still functioning) and restore your system to a date just before you made those changes. That will revert those changes and will get back your windows OS to the previous working state (more info by googling, "windows 10 system restore"

2. As MacGyver said, backup your files and.... reinstall and be careful next time on what you see on the internet. Better ask before you try anything. Don't worry much about mistakes tho, that's how we all learned.
Yes. Thread closed and complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.