Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Virtual Cd/dvd/bd-rom App To Install On Server 2012-r2 - Suggestions??

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeplarp

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
40.7 GB
Uploaded
1.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
I want to be able to create a Virtual CD/DVD/BD-Rom device on Windows Server 2012 R2.
So one would think that the obvious answer in 'Daemon Tools Lite' or something, right??
Wrong.
Daemon Tools (even to 'Pro' version')...., and every other application of that type that I have found...., is not compatible with and will not install on Server 2012 R2.
(Daemon Tools stops at Server 2008 in terms of compatibility and cannot be installed.)
I know that you can mount an ISO through 'Power Shell' using a command line, but I am hoping to find something that actually installs a permanent 'virtual device' like Daemon Tools does.

So can any of the "brilliiant gurus" here make any suggestions?
(Not being sarcastic or ironic at all with that...., seriously.)
I would prefer a Free/OpenSource solution, but I'll take anything.

Thanks in advance.

Rina
xo

shhnedo

Downloaded
15.5 GB
Uploaded
488.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
5 (5)
Member for 8 years
WinCDEmu is a good example, but it only creates virtual drives temporarily. May I ask, why do you need such drives? It's my understanding(so far in my experience) that when working with .iso files you only need a virtual drive for as long as you'll be working with the .iso. I just don't see a reason for "permanently attached" empty virtual drives.

On the non-free side, there's poweriso. It even creates the drives you need for whatever reason.

leeplarp

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
40.7 GB
Uploaded
1.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
@shhnedo

After your kind suggestion, I just tried WinCDEmu on the Server 2012 in question and it totally worked like a champ!!
(I don't know why I never heard of it before.)
As to why I said "permanent", I really just meant that I didn't want to be forced into using the command line if it wasn't necessary.
WinCDEmu is doing exactly what I needed, though.
FWIW, PowerISO refused to install on the server no matter what I tried...., probably still "pilot error" of some sort on my part.

You, sir, are a giant among men :* :inlove: ...., assuming the 'gender' in your profile isn't lying---LOL.

Thank you!!!!

Rina
xo

To whom it may concern:
Feel free to close/lock this thread now, if you are so inclined.

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11340 (11340)
Member for 8 years
@leeplarp Thank you. Thread locked and completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.